Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seat, on July 27, and soon had an estimated delivery date of Nov 8 - 28. Today it changed to January! Does this happen often? This is my first experience with Tesla, but at age 75, I've ordered a few cars in my time, and they always arrived when the dealer said they would. I have no interest in picking this thing up in a snowstorm! :)
yeah be ready for a roller coaster ride of changing EDDs, this is definitely a support group for the highs and lows of that journey

The updated IOS app is great. A lot more info than before if you haven’t taken delivery yet. You can update profile, sync calendar, etc.
Thank you for the heads up. Way better than the old app pre-delivery.
weird, my app doesnt have any of this.
I had to re-download my app because it wasn’t updating automatically.

So I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seat, on July 27, and soon had an estimated delivery date of Nov 8 - 28. Today it changed to January! Does this happen often? This is my first experience with Tesla, but at age 75, I've ordered a few cars in my time, and they always arrived when the dealer said they would. I have no interest in picking this thing up in a snowstorm! :)
You are in for a fun ride Stevedore! EDDs change almost as much as the time of day. Usually, when you get a "month" EDD in a few days it corrects, mostly to the range you were before. And I can all but guarantee you will not get your car when the 'dealer' said you would when you ordered :)

I'm at day 85 and still 13-33 days away from delivery per current EDD... My original EDD was day range 64-92...

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and DDubbsEV
I'm 99% sure that you won't see any EDD if your profile is not complete. So if you see an EDD then that means your profile is complete.

Looking for someone to correct me on this if I'm wrong here.
You will see EDD with incomplete profile, you just won't match to a VIN and it will keep pushing out. Been there, I always had EDD but when I called because there was nothing after a couple of months, SA told me my profile wasn't complete because I didn't redo trade in and financing after they expired and so I couldn't be prioritized for a VIN. My EDD has moved less and has been on the same date for 2 weeks now after I did the requested updates.

You will see EDD with incomplete profile, you just won't match to a VIN and it will keep pushing out. Been there, I always had EDD but when I called because there was nothing after a couple of months, SA told me my profile wasn't complete because I didn't redo trade in and financing after they expired and so I couldn't be prioritized for a VIN. My EDD has moved less and has been on the same date for 2 weeks now after I did the requested updates.
This is miserable and should be communicated to the customer with flashing red lights. How could you have known not having gone through the process before?

I had to re-download my app because it wasn’t updating automatically

I had to re-download my app because it wasn’t updating automatically.
Interesting, it updated for me when I removed the app and reloaded it fresh. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
This is miserable and should be communicated to the customer with flashing red lights. How could you have known not having gone through the process before?
I WISH!!!!
When we ordered, the SA was on us to complete profile same day. He wanted us to go home, upload pictures for the trade in and apply for financing. I did all that the next day. SA could have just had us "dummy" the profile with no trade in and cash so we're dealing with expirations. Of course, when those things expired, I didn't get any notifications so I just ignored them all till I called much later and another SA told me your profile is incomplete - everything has expired.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So does anyone have any magic tricks for getting someone from Tesla on the phone? I have tried several times calling the local dealership's number, I select vehicles, sales, and then it asks me what I want help with. Main thing I just want someone to look and make sure I've ticked all the boxes and my profile is complete. At this point, hold music. For a very long time. Not sure if I'm on hold to speak to someone at the local place at this point or if I'm been punted to a central call center. Is there a magic "phrase" i can say to get someone on the phone quicker?

@boingolover - I stand corrected. ;)

I never had an EDD, but my order was on hold for about 4 months (that didn't stop me from scouring these forums).

Originally, I was going to do a trade-in, my 1st trade-in assessment is about to expire, and my EDD isn't until Nov-Dec. If I choose to sell my car elsewhere and not do a trade-in with Tesla anymore, will it affect my EDD? Will me not updating my odometer and accepting the new trade-in terms make my file not "complete" anymore?

You may need to clear up your trade in situation.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So I might update my payment method to cash once this financing quote expires. The only reason I didn't do that initially was there was some speculation that selecting credit and getting approval might get you a quicker delivery.

So I might update my payment method to cash once this financing quote expires. The only reason I didn't do that initially was there was some speculation that selecting credit and getting approval might get you a quicker delivery.
Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.

Before placing my order I asked the SA if using cash as payment method until I got a VIN and closer delivery timeline would slow my order down, he said No it would not.

After getting my VIN switching to financing was easy for me, I emailed the SA, told him I got the vin and it's time to change to financing and all is well. Tesla definitely needs to make this more transparent to people so they don't get their credit hit multiple times needlessly.
I mean they could allow you to select financing from the get go, but that shouldn't stop profile from being completed, they should say this is your preferred payment and we will complete the application once a VIN is assigned. But now its just this "hope you realize you need to select cash now else your profile won't complete..."