Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Wish I could get out of this club! On day 14 of no changes to my 9/10-30 EDD, not sure if that is good or bad. This is the closest to the EDD I've been since mid July. 19 weeks 4 days since order date.

Model MYLR | Exterior MSM | Interior Black | Seats 5-seater | Wheels 19" Gemini | Tow Yes | FSD No
Ordered 04/11/2021 | Location Portland, OR | EDD Sep 10 - 30 | RN11478**** | VIN No | Delivery Date No
Holy guacamole. April order! When did you complete profile? I think you’re very close to a VIN. Hang in there.

Visited Tesla Carlsbad today as I was nearby to comfort my impatience and get another Model Y test drive in (probably my 5th one cause why not, right?) and I could not be happier to get the opportunity to experience the interior of Model S Plaid from the first production batch with the original Plaid plaque! Super cool people there saw how excited I was to see it on the lot and I was allowed to take a look. There was also one Plaid driving off the lot after fresh delivery.

Next time I hope to have the chance to take that Plaid for a 0-60 spin :D

Did I say it comforted my impatience? NOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE Y EVEN MORE!

Attachments

• P2070152.00_00_01_16.Still004.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_01_16.Still004.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 58
  • P2070152.00_00_13_10.Still006.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_13_10.Still006.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P2070152.00_00_15_21.Still007.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_15_21.Still007.jpg
    970 KB · Views: 43
  • P2070152.00_00_24_07.Still008.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_24_07.Still008.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P2070152.00_00_31_02.Still001.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_31_02.Still001.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 39
  • P2070152.00_00_41_18.Still003.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_41_18.Still003.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 46
  • P2070152.00_00_07_11.Still005.jpg
    P2070152.00_00_07_11.Still005.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 41
Holy guacamole. April order! When did you complete profile? I think you’re very close to a VIN. Hang in there.
Well, that's one of the frustrating things. I was told by SA to not complete trade-in details as it would expire and I would have to re-do it. Come to find out that he gave old information and they switched to using that as part of determing complete-ness. Did not complete trade-in until 5/19 so I guess that it my 'profile complete' date.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey everyone! I had my pickup today! I had a touchless pickup and the whole thing took only 10 minutes. I couldn’t find any issues on the car at all, but I’m also not very picky :). Car is beautiful and drives great. 96 days from order to pickup. A quick timeline leading up to VIN.
EDD on 8/21: 8/21-9/3
8/22: October
8/23: VIN
8/26: Delivery!

Attachments

• EE61D9A9-627B-4E63-A349-CB59494AD27F.jpeg
    EE61D9A9-627B-4E63-A349-CB59494AD27F.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 58
Thanks, so you know how long you can put an order on hold?
To shed some light on this hold business.

For orders placed prior to June 2021, the unofficial hold limit was one year, but it could be longer based on SA discretion. Basically if one did not complete profile and take delivery within 12 months the SA would try to find out why, and cancel the order if one is not actually interested in buying the car, or not acting in good faith.

After June 2021 there’s a new clause in the order agreement that says you must take delivery within 90 days of placing order. My mom is on the fence between Model Y and ID.4 so I made a second order, for her, and that’s how I found out this new clause exists. I texted my SA to put the order on hold, and he said with the new clause he can’t do holds, but he also said to me don’t sweat it, just leave all the steps incomplete, don’t fill in anything. Ignore the system emails, and to fill in the delivery details when my mom has decided. He did not give me a deadline, so I’m just going to make a safe assumption that as long as I’m communicative and active, he won’t delete my order for a year or so.

My take on the 90 day clause: LR orderers are waiting longer than 90 days when they do everything immediately with zero delay. With current demand it’s not enforceable. When demand and supply equalizes and all cars get delivered within two weeks, then yes, they will crack down on limbo orders to buy the car or get out of the system.

haha, I can’t afford to stay. This is the most expensive car I’ve ever purchased (I know, I’m lame) and I’m refreshing a delivery thread watching people 90-100 days away from me getting their cars delivered, and some of those same poor souls not getting theirs. I’ve got carts full on 3 different sites for accessories, keep refreshing the wall connector out of stock page, am terrified of the dying MY threads, and I’m also a little hungry.

Eh, screw it, I’ve got nothing else to do until Christmas. Let’s get to day 8! 😃
You don’t know it now, but when it’s all said and done you will look back at your time spent with us as the highlight of your Tesla buying experience. One day you’ll be on a long road trip passing through Florida in your MY and you’ll think to yourself “I know a guy from Florida. I wonder if he’s still waiting for his Tesla.” 😂😂

In the meantime put your MY on your Christmas list.

Welcome to the long and winding road…

Tom

If I knew there was an expiration on the financing or that it would take this long, I would have ignored the SA when he said to do financing right away. At the time we ordered, the wait was about 7 weeks so maybe SA expected things to be wrapped up before financing expired but I was not aware of the rollercoaster ride we were about to get on. Of course, now I have to take another ding whenever VIN finally arrives and we redo the financing.
It happened to me as well. I just set it to cash now until they give me a secure delivery day and my VIN.

Well, that's one of the frustrating things. I was told by SA to not complete trade-in details as it would expire and I would have to re-do it. Come to find out that he gave old information and they switched to using that as part of determing complete-ness. Did not complete trade-in until 5/19 so I guess that it my 'profile complete' date.
Ah, the shitty SA with bad info. Classic Tesla move. Yes, I’d be livid. Very frustrating indeed. You’ll soon see on this thread that shitty SAs is a common thread. Definitely not always, there are good SAs too, but there many bad ones.

On the bright side, May orders are getting VINs en mass. Well, unfortunately for you even June orders and the occasional July order are getting VINs too. You seriously should be extremely close. Any day now!

To shed some light on this hold business.

For orders placed prior to June 2021, the unofficial hold limit was one year, but it could be longer based on SA discretion. Basically if one did not complete profile and take delivery within 12 months the SA would try to find out why, and cancel the order if one is not actually interested in buying the car, or not acting in good faith.

After June 2021 there’s a new clause in the order agreement that says you must take delivery within 90 days of placing order. My mom is on the fence between Model Y and ID.4 so I made a second order, for her, and that’s how I found out this new clause exists. I texted my SA to put the order on hold, and he said with the new clause he can’t do holds, but he also said to me don’t sweat it, just leave all the steps incomplete, don’t fill in anything. Ignore the system emails, and to fill in the delivery details when my mom has decided. He did not give me a deadline, so I’m just going to make a safe assumption that as long as I’m communicative and active, he won’t delete my order for a year or so.

My take on the 90 day clause: LR orderers are waiting longer than 90 days when they do everything immediately with zero delay. With current demand it’s not enforceable. When demand and supply equalizes and all cars get delivered within two weeks, then yes, they will crack down on limbo orders to buy the car or get out of the system.
Good to know. I’ve read a few things on it since I made that post and the hold periods are all over the place. Some are/were getting 3 months to 14 months I read one guy claimed to get in a forum. Doubtful, but interesting to read up on. I’m going to reach out and see if they can put me out on the model 3 until January. I was expecting the MYLR to come in January, which is stated when I ordered. Looking at early November now and next month on the model 3. I wanted to stagger the two delivered a bit.

You should update that in your Sig. ;)

Edit: I still feel bad for you, as even a May order at this point is too long of a wait, but at least it's not April.

Once the VIN is assigned, can we negotiate with SA on when to take the delivery. The reason because there is going to be turn around time reg loan approval and funding. How long (many days) we can negotiate with SA before SA says that it will be put back in inventory.

Once the VIN is assigned, can we negotiate with SA on when to take the delivery. The reason because there is going to be turn around time reg loan approval and funding. How long (many days) we can negotiate with SA before SA says that it will be put back in inventory.
I would say you have about 3 days max in the Bay Area from your latest delivery appointment option.

I would just finance through Tesla and then ReFi to your bank of choice (or try and accomplish a rate match). That way you aren’t waiting on a check for payment.

@KevNo - sorry to hear about that. But now I'm curious. When I ordered, I mentioned I might want to trade in but wasn't sure yet. I don't see anything in my Tesla account other than this little bullet...
Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 6.51.13 PM.png

I called the delivery center I’m picking my car up from and was able to schedule a date directly with them that worked best for me.