Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was all set to buy Model 3 in early 2020, but due to covid, I have been working from home since March 2020 and am not really using my current car and delayed my purchase. In that time, prices of tesla cars went down, ModelY was launched and then prices went up again...... Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of prices and finally ordered at a higher price in early July.....

My son is taking my current car to college and I will not have a car soon, until Tesla delivers MYLR
It could be worse... your kid could have totalled his other car at-fault, and you'd be stuck with the double whammy of skyrocketing insurance premiums and a really terrible used car market for buyers. Ask me how I know :(

He did in fact confirm that some how removing my trade in did reset profile complete on July 20th. He did not know how this happened but he can see it in his system and there is nothing he can do on his end. If it gets close to end of quarter he would escalate it to higher. So I guess Ill wait until then.
Advice anyone?
This is so frustrating. I'm sorry it happened to you. I hope they can actually do something at quarter's end but I'm not sure how.

2nd UPDATE- Talked to the delivery manager. Acknowledged there is a problem. Offered me a blue, 20'', long range Y. That I could pick up Monday. I declined because I would have to pay the new price. So in short he assured me I would have one by quarters end. The only way to keep my 50,900 price would be either they make from factory OR someone with same exact build(down to the tow hitch) cancels then they could match it to me. We will work something out by quarters end. He did in fact confirm that some how removing my trade in did reset profile complete on July 20th. He did not know how this happened but he can see it in his system and there is nothing he can do on his end. If it gets close to end of quarter he would escalate it to higher. So I guess Ill wait until then.
Advice anyone?
that's awful. i'd escalate now. get your first choice. and if they offer you a MYLR that's more money, you can take the car and get them to make you whole with Supercharger credits. it's kind of a soft cost to them and could be really valuable to you. maybe give you 2,000 credit over the 1,000 you get with your referral that you used. hope it's gets fixed

Reactions: PatrickTM
Guys have any of you had it to where your delivery was pushed back far but then came back to what it was? Because for the longest mine said November but now it says January. Could it go back to November in a couple days? Or is it so that if it gets pushed back there’s no returning?

2nd UPDATE- Talked to the delivery manager. Acknowledged there is a problem. Offered me a blue, 20'', long range Y. That I could pick up Monday. I declined because I would have to pay the new price. So in short he assured me I would have one by quarters end. The only way to keep my 50,900 price would be either they make from factory OR someone with same exact build(down to the tow hitch) cancels then they could match it to me. We will work something out by quarters end. He did in fact confirm that some how removing my trade in did reset profile complete on July 20th. He did not know how this happened but he can see it in his system and there is nothing he can do on his end. If it gets close to end of quarter he would escalate it to higher. So I guess Ill wait until then.
Advice anyone?
This would be super disappointing if true (the trade-in removal resetting)…I removed my trade-in on 08/12 and was starting to think that may have been the case with me as well…I asked the guy before he did it if it would reset me and he was super confident (like he’s been asked before) that it would not and it only took 5 seconds…so I believed him

Reactions: Joshnolan225
Guys have any of you had it to where your delivery was pushed back far but then came back to what it was? Because for the longest mine said November but now it says January. Could it go back to November in a couple days? Or is it so that if it gets pushed back there’s no returning?

It goes back and forth.
Also, if it's just saying "January," and not an actual date range - excessive (obsessive?) reading of this thread tells me that is just a placeholder, and should go back to an actual date range in a day or two. Can't actually speak from experience yet.

I'm firmly in the camp of Joined This Thread Way Too Early And How The Heck Will I Last 4 More Months, but one thing it has gotten me is a better understanding of how this whole thing works before it happens to me. So when my date range of 11/24-12/14 flipped to January this morning, it did not concern me. :cool: I'ma go ahead and justify my choice with that 😬

Also, if it's just saying "January," and not an actual date range - excessive (obsessive?) reading of this thread tells me that is just a placeholder, and should go back to an actual date range in a day or two. Can't actually speak from experience yet.

I'm firmly in the camp of Joined This Thread Way Too Early And How The Heck Will I Last 4 More Months, but one thing it has gotten me is a better understanding of how this whole thing works before it happens to me. So when my date range of 11/24-12/14 flipped to January this morning, it did not concern me. :cool: I'ma go ahead and justify my choice with that 😬
You are correct on all points. :)

I’m also a member of the way too early club. Learning a bunch of crap. So I’m calling it a win.

Advice anyone?
Oh snap. If removing the trade affects delivery, that would suck. I was doing that every other day a few weeks ago. I would add the trade and when I don’t hear back, I’d remove it. Then add it again, then remove. Till I finally called them one day to push it though. Oh well.
i hope they find you a match soon.

It could be worse... your kid could have totalled his other car at-fault, and you'd be stuck with the double whammy of skyrocketing insurance premiums and a really terrible used car market for buyers. Ask me how I know :(
This is exactly why I consider placing the MY on Tesla Insurance if the premium cost is about the same. 😉👍🏻 Coming soon to a state near you.

Advice anyone?
that sucks but at least they acknowledged and sounds like you'll have something by end of September, now how do I go about getting that blue one ;) I kid! Actually I would take it. But sounds like the delivery manager is doing right, I'd just keep following up now that you have their attention.

that's awful. i'd escalate now. get your first choice. and if they offer you a MYLR that's more money, you can take the car and get them to make you whole with Supercharger credits. it's kind of a soft cost to them and could be really valuable to you. maybe give you 2,000 credit over the 1,000 you get with your referral that you used. hope it's gets fixed
The issue is no amount of supercharging will make up for a 3000$ difference.

This would be super disappointing if true (the trade-in removal resetting)…I removed my trade-in on 08/12 and was starting to think that may have been the case with me as well…I asked the guy before he did it if it would reset me and he was super confident (like he’s been asked before) that it would not and it only took 5 seconds…so I believed him
Its not supposed to thats the thing. The manager even said that. However for some reason it did. They said possibly due to me emailing the trade in email that offered the amount vs just contacting my service advisor. Either way he said it should not have reset.

that sucks but at least they acknowledged and sounds like you'll have something by end of September, now how do I go about getting that blue one ;) I kid! Actually I would take it. But sounds like the delivery manager is doing right, I'd just keep following up now that you have their attention.
Yeah I would of honestly took the blue if it didnt have the 20'' wheels. In all honesty upgrading wheels on any Tesla is a MAJOR rip off. Its one of their biggest profit margins. You could literally go buy new tires and a set of wheels for near the same cost at the 20s. All while having better tires and lightweight 19s or 20s.

So I had to reject delivery due to paint issues earlier this week.
Does anyone know if you can transfer a finance approval to a different order if I find another inventory vehicle? My EDD got pushed to Dec-Jan.
Just read on Reddit where someone did the same and had a new VIN in (edit) within a week. So you should be able to use the same credit pull.

Last edited:
So I had to reject delivery due to paint issues earlier this week.
Does anyone know if you can transfer a finance approval to a different order if I find another inventory vehicle? My EDD got pushed to Dec-Jan.
Sadly if you reject you get sent to the back of the line. Paint issues can be a pain in the butt as well. My model 3 performance in 2018 had some big paint issues. Far worse then what you will see in production today.

The issue is no amount of supercharging will make up for a 3000$ difference.
I don't know...I just sold my 2016 model S that had unlimited supercharging. I never charged other than SC and effectively drove the car for free other than tires and insurance. Someone with experience paying for SC might be able to give an estimate for how long it would take to hit 3k.

Reactions: collaGOunltd