Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing I'm headed for November.
Pretty sure that is the case if everything goes well. OD 6/11 here. This is what my SA replied to me today:

"Unfortunately, I do not have an exact ETA since you are purchasing directly from the manufacturer. You are projected to take delivery within 1-2 months, as soon as vehicle finishes its final stages of production, our delivery team will reach out to schedule your delivery date."

That's basically end of October for me assuming the projections do not slip again which is more likely given how badly things are going in delivery front right now.

I have pretty much given up hope of getting a car this quarter/year.

Haha. Well, we haven’t even test driven one, there isn’t anywhere around here to do that. And I’m getting rid of my truck so we will have 2 SUV’s (she’s concerned about being truckless).. It’s really the tech features, updates, and no gas that gets me. I think once it’s in the driveway, sometime in the 2025 timeframe, and she leave the house by herself I’m thinking she’ll pick the Tesla over the MDX.. but that’s way in the future. For now I live with the eye rolls. 🤣
I love our MDX and it was the nicest vehicle we’ve ever had, but I can’t wait to unload it. A trip out and back to Colorado costs over $300 in premium gas and I’m sick of that. I told my brother a few months back that I’d never buy another internal combustion engine car again. We both love cars and grew up in the muscle car era and he just bought a new Dodge Challenger that’s really pretty, sounds great and is, I’m sure very fast, but still when I drove it, it just seemed so ordinary. Also, I hope you were kidding about your 2025 timeframe 😀. Seriously, the test drive sealed the deal. We drove one on Juneteenth at noon and ordered it that afternoon. My only regret is we didn’t drive one sooner…

Reactions: DarthStar
I love our MDX and it was the nicest vehicle we’ve ever had, but I can’t wait to unload it. A trip out and back to Colorado costs over $300 in premium gas and I’m sick of that. I told my brother a few months back that I’d never buy another internal combustion engine car again. We both love cars and grew up in the muscle car era and he just bought a new Dodge Challenger that’s really pretty, sounds great and is, I’m sure very fast, but still when I drove it, it just seemed so ordinary. Also, I hope you were kidding about your 2025 timeframe 😀. Seriously, the test drive sealed the deal. We drove one on Juneteenth at noon and ordered it that afternoon. My only regret is we didn’t drive one sooner…
Yep. Totally kidding about 2025. But with my EDD of January since I pretty much just ordered it certainly feels that far away.

Reactions: Bluedog99
Yep. Totally kidding about 2025. But with my EDD of January since I pretty much just ordered it certainly feels that far away.
How do you feel about the possibility of getting a Giga Austin MY instead of a Fremont build? Right now, I feel like I’m about a month out from getting mine, which makes me think that I’ll get a Fremont build. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Giga Austin cranking out cars and quick by mid January. I guess we get what we get.

How do you feel about the possibility of getting a Giga Austin MY instead of a Fremont build? Right now, I feel like I’m about a month out from getting mine, which makes me think that I’ll get a Fremont build. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Giga Austin cranking out cars and quick by mid January. I guess we get what we get.

I'd be ok getting a 6 month in Giga Austin MY, but not so sure I'd want a first off the line edition.

I'd be ok getting a 6 month in Giga Austin MY, but not so sure I'd want a first off the line edition.
Yeah me too. But you never know, they might break all the rules and get it right the first time! Hey congratulations on getting your VIN a couple of days ago! We ordered within days of each other and our cars are both very close in build, but those 20” wheels you’re getting are gonna look awesome.

My OD is July 20 and EDD just shows as “October”. I am hoping that more of our strong younger extreme speed loving friends migrate over to MYP 😂 so inventory opens up more for older folks like me 😉 Just a joke friends. I do have a feeling though that few may indeed by switching over to MYP because of extreme backlog in MYLR? I was told chip shortage isn’t the issue for Tesla. Is that true?
Jealous over here. OD 7/25 and today we’re in the January club. Oy!

Last edited:
If you hang around here long enough, you really will feel like you’ve made friends. I enjoy the knowledge and wit on this board. Only downside, is all friends inevitably “graduate” when they get their cars and we don’t see them much on here after 😭

My husband does Facebook and is in a lot of the Tesla groups. He jokes me that he’s probably friends on there with my TMC friends 😂
I’m in the MY Facebook group too and I recognize some people from TMC. Maybe we could make a TMC thread MYCDG (model y current delivery graduates) for those of us who stuck together in this pandemic-oriented shitty-communication EDD debacle.

Stopped into a dealer in the area I was shopping today to ask for an update. While I appreciate that my SA has now started proactively sending me info and updates, I'm bothered because everything he says is inaccurate. Couching it with "I think.." or "I have a feeling that..." doesn't help at all. Anyway, this place has been fairly accurate so far in not bullcrapping me and the guy said if I'm lucky I'll get a car in October. If I don't get it in October then I should prepare myself to not get it until next year.There's something very seriously wrong with Tesla at this point. It shouldn't take 6-8 months to get a car that estimates your delivery in 4-12 weeks when you order it. I'll just keep losing money on my trade in that I'm simultaneously avoiding getting service on because the moment I drop $2k fixing things I'll get a VIN assigned the day after. That's just how life works.

*edited to add that my profile completion date is around May 15th or so*