Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy question, but how long prior to deliver does the ability to schedule the said delivery date?

My wife just delivered her Y but I didn’t see when she got her ability to schedule. She said she doesn’t remember. Haha.
same here, i was given just a date and whole day time frame. They did call and ask if i wanted to take delivery a day earlier though

Reactions: TESRP
Too early for me to ask the same question, but my neighbor who bought a Y last year paid $6K for PPF so I am guessing he got the full wrap. I have the money to pay that, but hate thinking about paying that much more over and above the cost of the car. Going to talk to the shop that did my neighbor's wrap and see what all packages they have. Will likely do at least a partial wrap, and maybe just bite the bullet and do the whole thing. Mine is an August order so I likely have a few months to make a final decision.
I feel like for me this is going to be a placeholder car for two or three years until the next Y comes out with 4680 and structural battery pack, whatever other upgrades like the new headlights, air suspension, etc, and maybe really, really close to true FSD. And I'm thinking as costs go down and production catches up with supply the pricing may begin to fall--maybe $45K for AWD. Then that will be a 'forever' car and I'll do the big PPF and all that. For this car I think I'll just do mudflaps and rear door PPF, still debating about front bumper but probably not.

Details regarding my order process

I ordered online 6/25 without ever driven, let alone sit inside any Tesla before. But 2 weeks after, I dropped by Rocklin CA store and test drove a MY for 15 minutes. The guy who showed me the car later said he will be my SA. Didn’t know the significance of that at the moment, I was like, sure. So now when I have questions, he’s the one I’ll text.

The End (and this is my 6th post, signature here I come!)

Hey I’ve noticed that we’ve all bought quite a few accessories leading up to getting our Y’s. It’s kinda funny really because I’ve bought several new cars over the years and never felt compelled, like I do with this car, to be prepared and organized for that first day with this new car. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m definitely having fun doing it! I’ve got quite a few Tesla accessories on a bench in the garage getting stacked up right now and my wife just rolls her eyes every time she sees something added to it. She laughs, but I know she’s getting pretty excited too.

62,990​

Key Features​

• Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Performance Upgrade
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Performance Brakes

Hey I’ve noticed that we’ve all bought quite a few accessories leading up to getting our Y’s. It’s kinda funny really because I’ve bought several new cars over the years and never felt compelled, like I do with this car, to be prepared and organized for that first day with this new car. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m definitely having fun doing it! I’ve got quite a few Tesla accessories on a bench in the garage getting stacked up right now and my wife just rolls her eyes every time she sees something added to it. She laughs, but I know she’s getting pretty excited too.
I also get tempted to buy and keep. I am holding off on internal accessories. what if our deliveries get delayed and in the meantime Tesla changes design the accessories will no longer be valid and the return window is passed.

I'll gladly take construction over the potholes we get here in the Northeast. Nothing worse than that seeing what you think is a harmless puddle but end up realizing it's a 10" deep pothole filled with water. That loud double bang of the front then the rear wheel is often followed by immediately checking the tire pressure in the vehicle settings.

I drive 95 from one part of Philly to another daily... and cruise around the Temple construction area. Soooo I get the double bang AND construction. Another reason I don't need a P

Team Octoberfest here! After more than a week of 11/8-11/28.

Also another No vote for PPF. Never bothered with my S or 3 and have no idea why folks claim Tesla paint is any worse or different than other cars. Sure there are flaws but from sidewalk distance my S looks brand new still. People are shocked when I tell them it's approaching 7 with 99k miles.

I have stopped buying anything else for the still undelivered MY. Too many disappointing EDDs lately. Every time I thought delivery got close, I would buy something else. I got the basics: electrical adapter (14-50), screen protector, etc. The only good side of me buying stuff is that I was able to receive my wife's b-day present, and when it was delivered, she asked what it was. I said "Just another thing for the Tesla," and her curiosity went to zero.