Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped into a dealer in the area I was shopping today to ask for an update. While I appreciate that my SA has now started proactively sending me info and updates, I'm bothered because everything he says is inaccurate. Couching it with "I think.." or "I have a feeling that..." doesn't help at all. Anyway, this place has been fairly accurate so far in not bullcrapping me and the guy said if I'm lucky I'll get a car in October. If I don't get it in October then I should prepare myself to not get it until next year.There's something very seriously wrong with Tesla at this point. It shouldn't take 6-8 months to get a car that estimates your delivery in 4-12 weeks when you order it. I'll just keep losing money on my trade in that I'm simultaneously avoiding getting service on because the moment I drop $2k fixing things I'll get a VIN assigned the day after. That's just how life works.

*edited to add that my profile completion date is around May 15th or so*
I sold my car yesterday and my EDD is January...I think im headed for MYP at this point although the new M3 is tempting

Reactions: randomplaydo
Do you do anything special to keep it looking brand new? I'm coming from a Hyundai and Mazda...I didn't really think too much about their care...I mean I wasn't careless I kept them clean and maintained but I'm not overly babying either. This Tesla is my first high cost vehicle purchase and I just want to take care of it right.
Not much. Only used automatic car washes sparingly. Hand washes used to be probably 5-10x/year in the early years, now we barely hose off the thing... life. We don't live where it hails and most driving isn't particularly dead-buggy but otherwise don't do much. Road salt is an issue here in winters but just a few times a year and we do try to at least hose it off.

In other words, same care as any other new or new-ish car

How do you feel about the possibility of getting a Giga Austin MY instead of a Fremont build? Right now, I feel like I’m about a month out from getting mine, which makes me think that I’ll get a Fremont build. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Giga Austin cranking out cars and quick by mid January. I guess we get what we get.
I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it. Sure, it’d be nice to get the new tech, possibly longer range.. but I don’t want to be the first one off the new line either.. So I’m more in line with your last sentence, we get what we get. The updates on it are part of what took me a little longer to decide to pull the trigger, but now that I have preordered I’m good with a Fremont build, or an Austin build without new batteries. I’m good either way as long as it’s reliable.

Ordered 08/19
Grey/White MYP
EDD 09/04-9/10
VIN 258***
Received the text to schedule delivery this morning and scheduled for 09/10. Looks like I will be very lucky that I will be able to pickup 23 days after ordering.
I can’t understand how some of you have ordered months ago and still not received VINS or delivery dates. Shocking how they push MYP to the front of the line.

Ordered 08/19
Grey/White MYP
EDD 09/04-9/10
VIN 258***
Received the text to schedule delivery this morning and scheduled for 09/10. Looks like I will be very lucky that I will be able to pickup 23 days after ordering.
I can’t understand how some of you have ordered months ago and still not received VINS or delivery dates. Shocking how they push MYP to the front of the line.
When I stopped into the center today I brought that up and the guy said that because they sell fewer performance models they have more of them sitting around or available/already made. My less optimistic view is that because a P order generates them another $15-25k for an identical car with different rims and a software update, they prioritize performance models over everything else. Short term profit increase while alienating the bulk of their customer base. Not sure how good of a business move that is.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Stopped into a dealer in the area I was shopping today to ask for an update. While I appreciate that my SA has now started proactively sending me info and updates, I'm bothered because everything he says is inaccurate. Couching it with "I think.." or "I have a feeling that..." doesn't help at all. Anyway, this place has been fairly accurate so far in not bullcrapping me and the guy said if I'm lucky I'll get a car in October. If I don't get it in October then I should prepare myself to not get it until next year.There's something very seriously wrong with Tesla at this point. It shouldn't take 6-8 months to get a car that estimates your delivery in 4-12 weeks when you order it. I'll just keep losing money on my trade in that I'm simultaneously avoiding getting service on because the moment I drop $2k fixing things I'll get a VIN assigned the day after. That's just how life works.

*edited to add that my profile completion date is around May 15th or so*
You can’t rely on the EDD because Tesla doesn’t rely on it either. My EDD at order on 5/31 was 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! It’s 89 days and I’m still in a state of VINlessness. My SAs (I have 2: one via text and one at my DC) have gone dark. I’ve gone to a showroom and have gotten cryptic answers but the essence of the essence is that the communication from Tesla sucks and is unreliable. The level of customer service is poor but there is no consequence to Tesla’s misbehavior. Yeah, people bail on their order ($100/$250), have multiple orders and cancel one or convert to a MYP to get it sooner. I think Tesla managers don’t care about telling customers the truth. I’m sure they know exactly what they can build and when and how and when those cars will be delivered to customers. It’s a conscious choice to let the EDD be part of the Tesla mystique. I’m still a fanboy and on the path with you guys here but I also think that if there was a reasonable alternative available now, I’d buy it (looking at you BMW, Audi, lucid).

When I stopped into the center today I brought that up and the guy said that because they sell fewer performance models they have more of them sitting around or available/already made. My less optimistic view is that because a P order generates them another $15-25k for an identical car with different rims and a software update, they prioritize performance models over everything else. Short term profit increase while alienating the bulk of their customer base. Not sure how good of a business move that is.
I could believe this answer if people didn’t share VINs assigned.
I am more along the belief of the profit being higher on the back end for Tesla, it’s a crappy business model for their customers but I do get it

You can’t rely on the EDD because Tesla doesn’t rely on it either. My EDD at order on 5/31 was 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! It’s 89 days and I’m still in a state of VINlessness. My SAs (I have 2: one via text and one at my DC) have gone dark. I’ve gone to a showroom and have gotten cryptic answers but the essence of the essence is that the communication from Tesla sucks and is unreliable. The level of customer service is poor but there is no consequence to Tesla’s misbehavior. Yeah, people bail on their order ($100/$250), have multiple orders and cancel one or convert to a MYP to get it sooner. I think Tesla managers don’t care about telling customers the truth. I’m sure they know exactly what they can build and when and how and when those cars will be delivered to customers. It’s a conscious choice to let the EDD be part of the Tesla mystique. I’m still a fanboy and on the path with you guys here but I also think that if there was a reasonable alternative available now, I’d buy it (looking at you BMW, Audi, lucid).
Recommend you check your account to make sure you have nothing outstanding that could cause your profile to be viewed as incomplete. We’ve seen horror stories of people forgetting to update their trade in or renew their finance information.

I’m taking delivery on Friday 90 days after placing the order. You should be due but the EOQ push to the east coast will probably wind down soon. Keep an eye on inventory if you are flexible with your configuration choice.

Also, can’t tell from your signature if you have the hitch option or not, but Tesla seems to manufacture less MY with that option.

My
Until there’s actually another rival EV that can at least come close to competing in range, buyers will continue to throw tons of money at Tesla to abuse them in terms of customer service. All of us on here waiting months for these cars are absolutely proving that, so there’s no reason for Tesla to want to make any changes

I could believe this answer if people didn’t share VINs assigned.
I am more along the belief of the profit being higher on the back end for Tesla, it’s a crappy business model for their customers but I do get it

I got my MYP VIN from an 8/8 order a few days ago. Its a 259XXX VIN. No way was a 259 VIN sitting around. I was told they indeed push P's to the front of the line when ordered. That along with less P orders than the thousands of LR orders means P's get theirs in a fraction of time.

If the E-Tron was competitive on range and charging network, there would be one in my garage today. Actually, it would’ve been here two months ago, but here I am 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

My EDD had been various ranges in mid to late October but at some point over the last few days it just went generic October.

I was mostly distracted with a road trip to NY this week, but for a solid hour I was stuck in traffic next to a truck full of Model Y’s, none of which were mine 😭

Reactions: IMABuckeye
Recommend you check your account to make sure you have nothing outstanding that could cause your profile to be viewed as incomplete. We’ve seen horror stories of people forgetting to update their trade in or renew their finance information.

I’m taking delivery on Friday 90 days after placing the order. You should be due but the EOQ push to the east coast will probably wind down soon. Keep an eye on inventory if you are flexible with your configuration choice.

Also, can’t tell from your signature if you have the hitch option or not, but Tesla seems to manufacture less MY with that option.
You’re right on all points. I’ve verified several times (in person, chat and email) that my profile is complete and that I should see a VIN soon. I had a trade that I removed and I’m paying cash.

My build is standard with no tow or custom wheels. MY LR MSM 5 Black. the only reason I don’t have my car is because my vendor hasn’t provided it for me. Others with my build in other locations have their cars; I’ve seen it here and in the FB group.

Unless Elon watches this forum and doesn’t like my attitude and is punishing me personally.

I am taking delivery sometime next month, got vin on Friday and will be leasing it. I know right now one can't buyout the model y after the lease ends but 3 years into the future is a long time and I am thinking a lot can happen during that time period. Does anyone think Tesla may change its mind in the next 3 years and allow people who are currently leasing their model y allow Them to purchase it.
I was going to lease too until I realized that Tesla‘s holds its value better than most cars. I did the math and it’s silly not to buy it. Just my conclusion.

Reactions: BitJam
I am taking delivery sometime next month, got vin on Friday and will be leasing it. I know right now one can't buyout the model y after the lease ends but 3 years into the future is a long time and I am thinking a lot can happen during that time period. Does anyone think Tesla may change its mind in the next 3 years and allow people who are currently leasing their model y allow Them to purchase it.
Who know what will happens in three years, but Tesla has not been allowing Model 3 lessees to buyout their 2018 leases.

It’s another business practice that I severely disagree with. It’s dishonest because it allows them to double dip. If they charged too much for the lease payments, the fair thing to do is allow the lessee to pay the remaining amount to own their car. Their “no buyout allowed” scheme is a great way to secure a second round of profit on the same car when reselling it as a used car.

Must have indicated on the Tesla trade in request that I did not have a loan on my trade in. I'm now being presented with a request to upload the vehicle title, which obviously the bank holds. Anyone know who to contact to get this quickly switched? I already emailed my SA, who while very responsive, I'm sure is inundated with requests.

EDIT: Also, anyone have experience with Vroom? Not sure I like the idea of them taking my vehicle and then FedEx'ing me a check 2 days later. They offered $5200 more than Tesla did, however.
Just catching up so you May already have an answer for this but you’ll need to likely call and talk to someone. I had the same issue. We have electronic titles in FL and at first trade in, it asked for title. My SA did something on his end to make it go away but when we redid the trade in, I called again and they had to go in and download the title from somewhere and upload on their end.
Vroom seems like they tend to offer more but I don’t like the idea of taking the car and then mailing the payment which is after they’ve reviewed the car so the mailed payment may be less than what was originally offered (fine print).

Reactions: PatrickTM
I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it. Sure, it’d be nice to get the new tech, possibly longer range.. but I don’t want to be the first one off the new line either.. So I’m more in line with your last sentence, we get what we get. The updates on it are part of what took me a little longer to decide to pull the trigger, but now that I have preordered I’m good with a Fremont build, or an Austin build without new batteries. I’m good either way as long as it’s reliable.
@Bluedog99 I am not sure if Giga Texas will have worse build quality than Fremont. There is no evidence right now to suggest that a new Model Y assembly line established in Giga Texas will produce subpar products compared to a new assembly line established in Fremont, as they have also been adding new assembly lines in Fremont to respond to demand.

Giga Shanghai certainly has not suffered from poor quality, from the get go.