Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F80966F6-0C48-4C11-B779-F97589BE2459.jpeg

Last edited:
So I ordered a MYLR5 on 6/19. I set up financing through Tesla at the time and I have changed nothing since the day I ordered. Last week checked with my bank (BoA) and got a better interest rate (2.19%). The bank just needs a MVPA in the next three weeks or so. I’ve not seen any changes on my account concerning the next steps or completed tasks. Is it foolish to just sit back and wait for a VIN or should I be more aggressive and start asking questions about my status on their end? I’d like to wait it out for a VIN assignment and then make arrangements concerning the BoA loan for the car. Any suggestions? Currently, my EDD is 9/11-9/25 and hasn’t moved for almost two and a half weeks. I’m almost afraid to contact my SA for fear of getting bad advice.

I just called the 888 number. Waited 5 mins on hold and reached a real live helpful person! Since my loan approval was > 60 days old and expired, I had them remove my financing.

You may want to do that and add your outside financing after you receive your VIN.

Reactions: TESRP
So I ordered a MYLR5 on 6/19. I set up financing through Tesla at the time and I have changed nothing since the day I ordered. Last week checked with my bank (BoA) and got a better interest rate (2.19%). The bank just needs a MVPA in the next three weeks or so. I’ve not seen any changes on my account concerning the next steps or completed tasks. Is it foolish to just sit back and wait for a VIN or should I be more aggressive and start asking questions about my status on their end? I’d like to wait it out for a VIN assignment and then make arrangements concerning the BoA loan for the car. Any suggestions? Currently, my EDD is 9/11-9/25 and hasn’t moved for almost two and a half weeks. I’m almost afraid to contact my SA for fear of getting bad advice.
Asking for information or trying to push Tesla will result in you having no better information than you have now. There is no validity, rationale or formula behind the EDD. Tesla communication and customer service are awful and tying anything in your real life to the EDD is not recommended. Tesla has assigned VINs to people and then taken them away, especially at EOQ so the company can show deliveries and claim revenue in the current quarter. My EDD at order was two weeks on 5/31. I still don’t have a car. Nor do I have a VIN.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if that impacts my VIN assignment?
Frustrating if it does - no notice that it expires and no way to reapply or change to cash.
Possibly. it’s supposed to be part of your delivery profile so if it’s now done, your delivery profile is not complete. The SA I spoke to said I couldn’t be prioritized because I didn’t have that part completed.

Reactions: PatrickTM
How are you contacting them? I’ve only called 2-3 times (the 888 number) and chose “vehicle delivery” but it’s never taken more than 5-10min on hold to get someone
I don’t even bother calling anymore. Last time I called customer service they told me to contact my SC. Now, I just drive down to the SC but it never helps.

I just called the 888 number. Waited 5 mins on hold and reached a real live helpful person! Since my loan approval was > 60 days old and expired, I had them remove my financing.

You may want to do that and add your outside financing after you receive your VIN.
So basically they’re just changing my profile from a loan to cash? I’m good with that and I wish I had set it up that way to begin with. I’ll try calling that number and see if there’s anything I can do to keep things rolling in a positive way. Thanks

On 08/13 I ordered LR silver/black, and yes I am one that just went from Nov 23-Dec 13 to 'January'. This made me a little curious to know whether color selection matters in the delivery speed and if so by how much. Vast majority ordered is obviously white, I think second to that is blue/black. I would think that with more white ones ordered there is greater chance of cancelations for which some could get one sooner.

I have to say though, if Mercedes EQB comes to NA by January and I still do not have a new vehicle, I will be tempted to at least visit the dealer.

Asking for information or trying to push Tesla will result in you having no better information than you have now. There is no validity, rationale or formula behind the EDD. Tesla communication and customer service are awful and tying anything in your real life to the EDD is not recommended. Tesla has assigned VINs to people and then taken them away, especially at EOQ so the company can show deliveries and claim revenue in the current quarter. My EDD at order was two weeks on 5/31. I still don’t have a car. Nor do I have a VIN.
Well, this is worrisome. Your May OD and no VIN has got to be the most perplexing, just makes no sense. My fear of doing nothing or making changes to my profile has me somewhat paralyzed. I know that’s a familiar feeling for many on here.

Reactions: meshbiz
June 14 order date
Rockville Maryland
All black everything
20 inch wheels
No tow, no fsd
September original EDD… but has been all over the place.
Two weeks ago EDD starting moving up a day everyday from August 24 with the end date staying firm on September 15. It continued the daily move till it got to September 1 - September 15 and stayed there for a week until this morning… now it’s September 11 - September 27. All this has gotten old but I guess knowing September was my original EDD on the day I ordered helps keep me sane.

Reactions: IMABuckeye
It was posted a while ago but just calling myself. I have a delivery scheduled so I called the SC I’ll pick it up from (local area code) and it went to the same automation system as the 888 number
When I was doing my test drive a couple weeks ago, I called the local number to tell them I was there, and I spoke to someone at the local dealership. I suspect there are some magic phrases you can say when the automated voice asks why you're calling that gets you routed to the local dealership. Since that time, I've tried calling several times and I get put in a long hold queue, and I haven't had the patience to wait to speak to someone so I just hang up after maybe 5 minutes.

So basically they’re just changing my profile from a loan to cash? I’m good with that and I wish I had set it up that way to begin with. I’ll try calling that number and see if there’s anything I can do to keep things rolling in a positive way. Thanks
Just an update on my account. I called the 888# and talked to them about removing the outdated financing agreement and they thought it best to go ahead and remove that from my profile. He did it while I was on the phone with him and when I refreshed my account, it did update accordingly with my same EDD I had before. It looks different, but it looks like I now have the option to pay cash or get financing through Tesla. He said to leave that part alone and move on things after getting my VIN. Makes sense, but you know how that goes…

Reactions: gobucks