Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, Midnight Silver, Full Auto Driving - ordered 8/17. EDD January. The wait will suck, but hopefully Tesla releases Auto Driving before delivery date. If the Auto Driving faces more setbacks before the delivery, I may cancel that option. I'm told it's only a software change - so they can turn on/off easily.
You have the option of removing it pretty easily since indeed it's just software, so it's nothing like changing the paint color.

It may be possible to remove after you get a VIN. But I'm not 100% sure. If you can't remove before VIN, then I'd be wary of potential EDD shifts. There's a chance that removing FSD may impact your EDD, but I could be 100% mistaken on this. I didn't order FSD so I haven't been paying close attention to its impact on EDD.

Reactions: PatrickTM
EDD still October today, expecting an update tomorrow. Called the 888 number just now, and got through without any hold time. Had them change me to cash.
Asked the rep about the generic October date, and he happily looked further into my order, and told me he thought I’d have a VIN by mid September. 🤞🤞🤞
What's the 888 number?
Nvm, it's the 888-518-3752 number.

What are the options to navigate through the call menu?

Last edited:
Ordered my y 7/20 with orginal estimate of 10/5..Moved to Nov 15, and now January. January is the delivery date if you order one today. I don't understand how somebody who ordered today gets the same estimate.
The EDD is sorry non-scientific. It moves around so much until you get close, then it stop moving and the length between begin and end of the EDD shrinks. Honestly, plan on December and stop refreshing the Tesla page. Or buy a P and get it in 4 weeks.

The EDD is sorry non-scientific. It moves around so much until you get close, then it stop moving and the length between begin and end of the EDD shrinks. Honestly, plan on December and stop refreshing the Tesla page. Or buy a P and get it in 4 weeks.
This…

I wish everyone who’s recently joined and has complained about their EDD’s understood that the EDD’s are not accurate and to take it all with a grain of salt. (Especially on the weekends).

MYLR, Midnight Silver, Full Auto Driving - ordered 8/17. EDD January. The wait will suck, but hopefully Tesla releases Auto Driving before delivery date. If the Auto Driving faces more setbacks before the delivery, I may cancel that option. I'm told it's only a software change - so they can turn on/off easily.
I can absolutely promise you, F*S*D will not be completed before January. Don’t read too much into Elon’s timelines.

If you’re editing your order in any way, do it sooner rather than later. It can put you in the back of the queue and update your pricing to current prices, if prices increase.

I can absolutely promise you, F*S*D will not be completed before January. Don’t read too much into Elon’s timelines.

If you’re editing your order in any way, do it sooner rather than later. It can put you in the back of the queue and update your pricing to current prices, if prices increase.
Elon’s “two weeks” = Tesla EDD’s

Anyone know what the SC does for front license plate brackets? Unfortunately in VA which is a state that requires you muck up the front of your vehicle with a second plate. I have home delivery on the 8th and I don’t want the SC to use adhesive if that’s what they usually do. I’ll get an aftermarket one that doesn’t use adhesive.
I live in New York and we require a front license plate. My conversations via email with my SA indicate that tesla will provide a front plate for my pick up in New York.

I live in New York and we require a front license plate. My conversations via email with my SA indicate that tesla will provide a front plate for my pick up in New York.
We need a front plate in NJ. When I picked up the car, the temporary plate was already affixed to the rear and the bracket for the front plate was in on of the side bins in the rear. When the plates are delivered from NJ DMV, will have to decide to use the sticky bracket or get one of the aftermarket front plate holders that attach to the grill and dont mark up the bumper.

Reactions: BitJam and TESRP
View attachment 702994Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.View attachment 702995View attachment 702996View attachment 702999
Very nice! I got the blue too, picking up next Tuesday. Damn it looks good!

Go the other route. Cancel FSD now, and add it after delivery if you want, or just before an announced price increase. Why leave it on now and have the risk you can’t take it off when you get your vin????

View attachment 702994Picked her up this afternoon. Delivery was smooth and lasted as long as I made it. A couple of things that I’ll schedule service for but nothing bad enough for me to reject delivery. Only noticeable thing was the rear wheel is missing its cover. You can see the lug nuts. Other than that, we are happy and can’t wait to spend more time in it.View attachment 702995View attachment 702996View attachment 702999
It looks amazing! Congrats!

Ordered my y 7/20 with orginal estimate of 10/5..Moved to Nov 15, and now January. January is the delivery date if you order one today. I don't understand how somebody who ordered today gets the same estimate.
Ordered mine 7/20 and finished all the stuff online on 7/22 and I'm back to October. This is after going from Oct/Nov then Nov/Dev and now back to October. I wouldnt stress too much right now about EDD.