Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
::me looking at all these LR-ordering people switching to P’s and swearing internally that they better not mess up my order timeline::

1630286838717.jpeg

So I thought I would set up the most first world environment I could to increase the possibilities I’m getting my VIN for my May 31 order.

I played 18 holes of golf today
When I got home, I got into my hot tub.
I’m checking my Tesla account page on my phone while I am in my hot tub.
If that doesn’t scream first world, I don’t know what does.
Oh…I’m still VINless!

Last edited:
So I thought I would set up the most first world environment I could to increase the possibilities I’m getting my VIN for my May 31 order.

I played 18 holes of golf today
When I got home, I got into my hot tub.
I’m checking my Tesla account page from my phone while I am in my hot tub.
If that doesn’t scream for us world, I don’t know what does.
Oh…I’m still VINless!
My escape is scotch and cigars. I’m afraid of trying to count how many cases of cubans and bottles of Johnny blue I’ve gone through. I killed a bottle of single cask Maccalan when I got my vin.

This weekend was the first time I was strongly considering a MYP. Even saw some in inventory I nearly jumped on. But ultimately backed away from the tax and sticking with my choice of LR.
I actually test drove a performance today... honestly, the ride was fine on smooth roads, but you do feel more of the imperfections than with the 19's. Not surprising given approximately 2" less sidewall. No clue how much different the 20's will be in practice. And since I'm going with 20's, it's "only" $5k upcharge vs. the performance. But given summer tires are awful at cold temps, even if there is no snow on the ground (snow is rare here), and having a tire profile that low isn't something I want to deal with re potholes etc, I'd have to buy aftermarket rims ($2k+), new TPMS sensors ($400 ish), and new tires ($1200 for Michelin all seasons installed), that's probably an additional $4k on top of the $5k premium vs. just sticking with the order we have. I suppose I could get a little money by selling the Uberturbines, but that's a bit of hassle I'm not excited about either. I think I'll just stick with the long range, and maybe pony up for the acceleration boost.

If you use Vroom beware. You need to stay on top of everything with them. Try Carvana to see if they will get close to Vroom. We used Vroom and I won't again, it was too much hassle, and I did not like them having my car and making me wait on a check. Then they sent the wrong amount, more than, to the bank but that will be ok because the banks going to mail a check for the difference.

Thanks, kind of my thoughts too on the taking car and waiting for a check while they "validate" my trade in. A good way to get a vehicle by offering a higher price, and then citing reasons why that price no longer applies.

Stopped by Tesla in King of Prussia, PA today and had them update my account from a trade in with no loan to a trade in with a loan attached. By the time I got home I was able to upload my vehicle registration card and accept their trade in offer.

My only slight concern is that it now shows that I owe $3200 at delivery because the tax savings credit is not included. I'm sure it is just a matter of the website not reflecting what my particular state sales contract would be.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I can absolutely promise you, F*S*D will not be completed before January. Don’t read too much into Elon’s timelines.

If you’re editing your order in any way, do it sooner rather than later. It can put you in the back of the queue and update your pricing to current prices, if prices increase.

With the misguided investigations due to Tesla auto pilot (translated: adaptive cruise control in the ICE world) I don't see FSD being completed for a year or more. Probably right after the Cybertruck but before the robot.

With the misguided investigations due to Tesla auto pilot (translated: adaptive cruise control in the ICE world) I don't see FSD being completed for a year or more. Probably right after the Cybertruck but before the robot.
I mean... it wasn't coming soon regardless I don't think. But I do believe it will eventually happen. I'm just not sure it will be in a time span where I'll still have a model Y, otherwise I could probably talk myself into the up charge now with the assumption it will cost more later. The option stays with the vehicle, not with the owner, so you'd have to buy it again anyway.

I do not have a check mark there. It looks like I can change it myself. You think I should, or call and have them do it?
I also called and removed my financing this morning.
In the overview, the payment section isn't checked off - - to me that makes sense since I will pay upon delivery.

In the completed tasks section it shows:
View attachment 703032
Previously it had my Loan details.
As long as it doesn’t give you the option to choose one anymore, then you’re good like when it shows you’ve chosen to pay in full.
if it’s still giving you an option to choose cash or financing, then it’s not complete. You can choose cash yourself and click continue.
when you’re ready after vin, you call them and they reset it.

Reactions: Bluedog99
Thanks, kind of my thoughts too on the taking car and waiting for a check while they "validate" my trade in. A good way to get a vehicle by offering a higher price, and then citing reasons why that price no longer applies.

Stopped by Tesla in King of Prussia, PA today and had them update my account from a trade in with no loan to a trade in with a loan attached. By the time I got home I was able to upload my vehicle registration card and accept their trade in offer.

My only slight concern is that it now shows that I owe $3200 at delivery because the tax savings credit is not included. I'm sure it is just a matter of the website not reflecting what my particular state sales contract would be.
Idk we had to pay tax, title and fees out of pocket because they don't add the tax to the loan for us. I really don't know why I just said "ok" after they told me. lol

Reactions: PatrickTM