Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy smokes, so here's some useful information that some of you might need..
So I was confused on how to change my MWLR to MYP because I didn't have an option. I checked a YouTube video and the guy explained that you can simply press "Edit Design" on the Manage section on your account. I checked, and for some reason I didn't have that option. After doing some research apparently theres two reasons because of this, first is if you submitted your info, it can get removed. Also some accounts just randomly have a system error.
So for the folks who would like to change their cars design you simply have to use this link and copy and paste your RN where the x's are to edit your design.
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

Honestly seems kind of weird for the worlds most techy car company to be running into issues on their own website...
It’s nice to know there’s a back door into changing your configuration but I think the reason Tesla hides it is so SA’s handle those things after making sure an order holder actually wants to make a change. Tesla even tells us before we pay the deposit the configuration can’t be changed after placing the deposit.

You could have avoided the stress and just asked your SA to switch to MYP

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good morning folks, I have a question regarding the financing part, I ordered my car on 06/23 and I also applied for a loan with Tesla and it was approved. It’s been more than 60days since then and it was expired I think but I still see approved terms on the order page. At this point of time do I need to call Tesla to remove that and apply for new Loan or I can leave it as is for now and can I take care of it once I receive the VIN or will it affect the VIN generation as it is a expired loan offer.
Recommend asking your SA to remove the financing and go with the cash payment option until you get the vin.

Good morning folks, I have a question regarding the financing part, I ordered my car on 06/23 and I also applied for a loan with Tesla and it was approved. It’s been more than 60days since then and it was expired I think but I still see approved terms on the order page. At this point of time do I need to call Tesla to remove that and apply for new Loan or I can leave it as is for now and can I take care of it once I receive the VIN or will it affect the VIN generation as it is a expired loan offer.
Yep, this was discussed yesterday quite a lot. My OD was June 19th and I had the same questions. Check out yesterday’s threads about how best to resolve this issue. I’d start with a call using the 888# to get your old expired financing removed from your profile and either switch to cash payment or set up financing again. I’m keeping mine at cash payment until I get a VIN and then I’ll decide how I want to pay. Kinda nerve racking with it getting crunch time for us June orders…

Holy smokes, so here's some useful information that some of you might need..
So I was confused on how to change my MWLR to MYP because I didn't have an option. I checked a YouTube video and the guy explained that you can simply press "Edit Design" on the Manage section on your account. I checked, and for some reason I didn't have that option. After doing some research apparently theres two reasons because of this, first is if you submitted your info, it can get removed. Also some accounts just randomly have a system error.
So for the folks who would like to change their cars design you simply have to use this link and copy and paste your RN where the x's are to edit your design.
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxx

Honestly seems kind of weird for the worlds most techy car company to be running into issues on their own website...

I recently changed my Model X order (coming April) from white seats to black using this method.

Reactions: BitJam and MTANKCL9
I just had what could be a helpful learning for everyone here:

My financing expired today. I had called Tesla late last night to switch to cash ahead of the expiration, but couldn't get to them before their local reps closed up shop. I called this morning and the generic SA confirmed he switched it for me. However, I doublechecked by logging back into my account while we were still on the phone. There was a big blue "Continue" button underneath the new Cash payment method. I asked him if I should click it so I can continue to be prioritized. He told me "No, that will take you to Plaid to make the payment." This sounded weird, so despite what he said I clicked it after we hung up. *THIS STEP COMPLETED MY PROFILE* It did not take me to Plaid, and only after clicking it did my page look like it does before my financing expiration. If you switch to cash, make sure you doublecheck this and click Continue if necessary. I am also in the process of calling back to get a different SA just to re-confirm.

tldr: Check your profile after any SA changes anything, and call in to a different one to reconfirm.

Call and have them remove financing. It’s expired but your profile won’t show it. Set it to cash for now.

After I'd given up all hope in getting this before October or possibly even this year, I just logged on to find I have a VIN and an estimated delivery window of 9/13-9/16. I know this can change or the VIN could be reassigned or removed if it doesn't pass inspection, but I'm freaking ecstatic! So there you go folks - give up all hope of ever getting your car and the universe will move you up in line! lol

After I'd given up all hope in getting this before October or possibly even this year, I just logged on to find I have a VIN and an estimated delivery window of 9/13-9/16. I know this can change or the VIN could be reassigned or removed if it doesn't pass inspection, but I'm freaking ecstatic! So there you go folks - give up all hope of ever getting your car and the universe will move you up in line! lol
Order details? What's your VIN?

congrats! This definitely seems to be the approach that works; Only when you honestly reach a level of desperation are you rewarded.

Congrats!!

Reactions: randomplaydo