Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another trade in horror story that makes my statement to not include your trade in until VIN.

Sorry to hear your going through this ordeal dude. Tesla seems to really screw over anyone who's finance or trade in expires and they have to update.
Thank you, had I known back in June I would have waited to include my trade in…

And to add to this my EDD just shifted back from generic Oct to Sept 15-30 which is also first time it has been less than 20 days but after what I was told by the SA in Boston I am taking the new EDD with a grain of salt, especially with it being end if quarter and I am in East Coaat.

No VIN yet. I thought the same thing actually. And I’m ok with that too, but I don’t really want to go through another credit check yada yada thing and take another ding. Plus, I bank at BoA and as much as I think they’re the devil, it would be convenient…
He was wanting to input the 3rd party financing, I just don’t know how I can provide it without first providing the bank with a MVPA. Which brings me back to needing a VIN assigned before I get an MVPA. Making my head hurt. I may just go get some alcohol and think happy thoughts…

Does anybody know if I need to upload a copy of my insurance before the agreement button is made available to me or will that become available within a couple of days before delivery?
It depends on the state. There are maybe a dozen states (which were listed for me in the insurance section on the Tesla account page) that let you upload any proof of insurance, regardless of which vehicle it's attached to. But the rest require the insurance to specifically list your MY, so you'd need the VIN.

I'm in Ohio which belongs to the former category, so I was able to upload my current insurance and complete that step in my account. I don't recall about FL.

ok what he's asking you for is really strange then. i would tell him you are under the cash payment option and don't want to entertain the idea of finance until you get a VIN and to make sure he hasn't made any changes to your profile which could leave it incomplete and then I would make sure that he understood he was asking you something not appropriate for the timing of your order (vinless)
Everything you said sounds about right. I doubt he changed anything, but I may try calling the 888# and talk to someone, and make sure it’s still set for cash payment. Thanks so much.

Reactions: ajs847