Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of September EDD's after Octoberfest. Mine when way back to October 18 to November 07. Thats going to be like 130 days waiting for this...
I guess my configuration is really a pain in the butt

Last edited:
Reactions: Burgh
Yup, like @te$laWhy said, it's just for folks to crowd-source datapoints on VIN assignment date and VIN range. To give the rest of us an idea on what's "new" VIN and what's a VIN from another existing order that fell through.

It's not super important right now - just something fun to track. What's more important is when Tesla does their next "refresh" to add (or remove) features. For instance, tracking VINS became really important when Tesla took away radar, passenger lumbar adjustment, added bioweapon HEPA, upgraded battery to 82kWh, updated window washers nozzles, new taillight assembly, etc. so people can provide datapoints on which VINs had certain features.

Now, if Tesla just gave people more communication on what features they'd be receiving, what VIN they'd be getting, ahead of time, this would prove wholly unnecessary. But until then, we have fun in this community sharing knowledge while Tesla randomly changes the spec of your car order every couple months.

PS: add order tails to signature! Congrats on your VIN!
the VINs mean something... here's a VIN Decoder for Tesla so you can play along at home: VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

I also went from generic January to December 02 - December 22 (previously Nov 28-Dec 13). As many have stated almost every, until one gets a VIN it is almost pointless to pay attention as the dates will constantly change. When I saw mine change to the generic January I just did not think one way or the other, knowing it would change multiple times in the weeks & months to come. Still frustrating though

Reactions: Quiet Coyote
View attachment 703281View attachment 703282So can someone tell me if my profile is complete, or if I have more work to do? I now have a SA telling me that I need to get them a finalized loan agreement to complete my profile. I thought I chose cash payment, and to me, that’s what it looks like. This is the first time I’ve chatted with him since the day I test drove a car and suddenly he’s texting me asking for a loan agreement. I’ve asked my loan officer for a finalized loan agreement, but she says she needs a MVPA in order to finalize it. But I thought I needed a VIN before I can get a MVPA. I just don’t think that the advisers they provide are very good at their job… very conflicting information we seem to be getting. Until this morning, I thought I was just waiting on a VIN to be assigned. Now I’m getting nervous about my account profile.
definitely looks complete to me. It looks exactly like mine. also it is good you are at a 14 day window. Even better if it drops below 14 days.

Just from looking at this forum the last month I think we can safely say your car will arrive around 90 days after order date if you just ordered a MYLR. I haven't seen anyone on here get it within 30 days and 60 days looks very rare.
My 90 days mark is on 9/25, which will be exactly the middle of my current EDD 9/20-30. I hope it’s true, don’t wanna jinx it.

Wow what a busy day for this thread! So it looks like most of the October / January placeholders have reverted to a more specific range, myself included. Interestingly going by the 120 days mentioned earlier, that is right inside the range they gave me. Now if I can just keep from being tempted to switch away from a Performance!

Got the electrician coming on the 14th to install a NEMA 14-50 plug. Tennessee is one of the states that doesn't (yet) require a GFCI breaker, so I went with the plug and ordered a Juicebox 40.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Everything you said sounds about right. I doubt he changed anything, but I may try calling the 888# and talk to someone, and make sure it’s still set for cash payment. Thanks so much.
Hey just a follow up. I did call the 888# and talked to someone there that confirmed my account profile was good. I was surprised to hear him tell me he thought that I’d be getting a VIN pretty soon because it looked to him lIke I could expect a delivery date in mid September. I’ve heard others say that they were told by someone they talked to in Tesla support about the status of their order as well. Now it’s entirely possible after our conversation, that he turned to one of the many advisers in Tesla’s call center and laughed out loud. :)

Someone smack me. I almost just ordered that White Performance Y that popped up into inventory. I don't need or want a P. And I especially don't want 21" wheels. (But I do want tow hitch and black interior, neither of which I have with my current order. Sigh...)

I’m picking up my MYP on the 6th! YUS!!! So excited. I have new wheels and tires (all seasons) coming shortly after. They are just awaiting to be picked up from CarID. Soon as they are here, they will be on.

I dont mind as there are so many Teslas around with stock rims these days. I like making it my own a bit. 🤷‍♂️

My EDD just keeps moving the wrong direction. When I ordered it was late Aug to early Sept, slipped to late Sept a couple weeks later, then went to generic October, then disappeared, then Oct again, and then for the past 2 weeks or so has been showing 10/12-11/2. That's already 2 months worth of slippage, not the end of the world, but not an ideal way to satisfy a new customer laying out over $50K. Today my EDD went to 11/3-11/23, another 3 weeks delay. Now I'm pissed off. Ordering just after Memorial Day, told to expect a car by Labor Day, but not getting it until Thanksgiving? Give me a break. Hoping this is just more online shenanigans, because my patience is wearing thin, especially when I see a lot of people who ordered after I did, who don't live that far away, getting VINs and delivery dates in September.

Back from October Hell! Now September 17-30 which just seems to be a more accurate window than 15-30 I had before. Looks like a good sign that the date range is shrinking and the production will actually happen around those dates as my SA suggested. Whew, and that is after I updated profile to financing so it seems it didn't affect it negatively.
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.43.26 PM.png

Reactions: TESRP and BitJam
Curious what information do you need to provide before Tesla will give an delivery timeframe?

My sister ordered a couple months back, but hasnt put in her delivery location. She lives in Little Rock and the site is giving her 2 Missouri locations for pickup. She would want to pickup by us in Chicago or my son in Austin (Can you pickup in Texas if all paperwork was done remotely). No way on the website to indicate that. Really depends on when it would be ready.
The agreement with Tesla says that all persons listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery. So, I don’t believe you’d be able to take delivery on her behalf.

Attachments

• AE25A6F1-30EA-4F05-9CA5-43EBD8D4E451.jpeg
    AE25A6F1-30EA-4F05-9CA5-43EBD8D4E451.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: PatrickTM
I’m picking up my MYP on the 6th! YUS!!! So excited. I have new wheels and tires (all seasons) coming shortly after. They are just awaiting to be picked up from CarID. Soon as they are here, they will be on.

I dont mind as there are so many Teslas around with stock rims these days. I like making it my own a bit. 🤷‍♂️
Are you planning to keep the uberturbines?