Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last weekend EDD went to "October" after two weeks of 10/23-11/12. And late this evening went to 11/9-11/29. I don't think I am getting my car by the end of the year. Good thing I have a Ford MME on order as well. If that shows up first which is looking more and more likely, I am taking it. That will be disappointing because I still prefer the MYLR, but I cannot wait around forever.
I’m with you on this. It definitely relieves the stress knowing that you have an alternative. I may order a Mach e myself. I already have an Ioniq 5 reservation.

no hate, I agree with the sentiment but you should check your math... it's 50 test drives @ 20 miles a piece equals 1000.
I’ve had my demo since last Thursday; came with 1500 miles, no complaints so far. It was clean and ready to go! It was only discounted $320 but I have my Y now instead of November!!!
4B4C5537-B6C1-4767-8E38-4374B701BA95.jpeg

Everything you said sounds about right. I doubt he changed anything, but I may try calling the 888# and talk to someone, and make sure it’s still set for cash payment. Thanks so much.
it's a lot of posts to catch up on so someone may have posted this but switching to 3rd party financing is not a bad idea too.
It just asks for the name and address of the bank and how much you're planning to finance and it calculates the balance. You can still change that before delivery too. After I had mine set as cash for a while, I changed it to 3rd party financing. Entered my CU name and address and how much I planned to finance and that's it.
I don't have MVPA yet even with VIN. I called 888 number yesterday and was told it would be there in a couple hours but I guess it's Tesla timing. Once I have that, I can finalize loan details with my bank.

Playing devil’s advocate - your order date is 7/23. There are west coast folks that ordered in May that still don’t have VINs. Not sure how a May or even June west coast order being fulfilled in September is stiffing anyone with a July order?
If one assumes that my order date was reset on 7/23 because I changed color, what you said makes sense. But it's not clear that it was reset. Nothing about this process is transparent. We all assume things based on the data points that we have. Who knows!

So pretty sure I just snagged the Black LR inventory out of Vegas, its sitting in my account and all I need to do is setup financing which I figure I'll do once the banks are open and what not, and then also contact my SA.

VIN on the inventory is 263XXX

EDD on that is 9/10-9/14. I haven't cancelled my other order yet just due to what @dnstommy is currently going through on his inventory order
So I'm wondering, should I do the finance application yet? Should I wait? I know I'm probably asking questions that my SA should come back and ask, and they don't even open for another 3 minutes, but I want to play things safe, considering all the stuff *gestures broadly* that Tesla seems to do thats funky with regards to deliveries and what not

I’ve had my demo since last Thursday; came with 1500 miles, no complaints so far. It was clean and ready to go! It was only discounted $320 but I have my Y now instead of November!!! View attachment 703549
Was it a delivery from inventory somewhere else? If so, if you don't mind me asking once you grabbed it from inventory did you immediately fill out paperwork for finance (if you went that route)? Trying to determine the best course of action with my own inventory MY I grabbed this morning.

If one assumes that my order date was reset on 7/23 because I changed color, what you said makes sense. But it's not clear that it was reset. Nothing about this process is transparent. We all assume things based on the data points that we have. Who knows!
For some reason your "Who knows!" exclamation reminded me of something my daughter says all the time now: "who comes?!" She patiently waits for my response, which has to be trained because sometimes I'm like wtf is she talking about until I realize I'm supposed to say: "Slow Joe Crow comes!"

From Fox in Socks, the ultimate tongue twister. The things kids latch on to

My credit union gave me a lot of flack for having my 3 registered to both of us but the loan in my name only. I eventually convinced them to let me but it required a lot of escalation.

They definitely honored the non-car prizes. I have earned carry on luggage, a weekender bag (that I traded someone for a Kid's Model S), a jacket, and some super sweet arachnid wheels (Which I promptly sold. See: potholes above.) But the Roadster? We'll see...

I also got to take the 3, which does not have free/unlimited supercharging to South Dakota and back - 4,200 miles - for $0 in charging thanks to referral credits.
Awesome! That's a lot of referral supercharging (for us mortals, not social media influencers), good for you.

I know of several Youtubers that have taken delivery of their free referral Model S and Model X cars. But those were very specific contests, like three cars total worldwide per contest, one for N America, one for Europe, and one for Asia-Pacific. The 10% of Roadster referral will end up proving to be a lot more problematic and costly for Tesla. Quite a few people have multiple free Roadsters. At $250k of lost revenue per unit, that will be challenging to a company like Tesla. That'll mean tens of millions of dollars for Tesla. But they keep delaying the Roadster, so that looming question keeps getting kicked down the road.

Reactions: BitJam
Ladies and Gents I've had a crazy turn of events in the past couple days:

I had origianlly ordered a MYLR which had recently moved to January EDD. I proceeded to change it to a MYP.
However in the meantime I found MYLR in the existing inventory and ordered it.
Now the MYP is EDD 9/3-9/6 and I prefer that car.

Now, if anyone is interested, and if you can help me make it a seamless transition, I will give up my MYLR reservation for only my costs (deposit + transport fee $500 which I assume I'm on the hook for? maybe not). The current EDD is 9/2-9/5 with a VIN and is being transported to Burbank.

Black / Black / Gemini / no hitch / no fsd / 5 seats

Feel free to message me

Last edited:
Ladies and Gents I've had a crazy turn of events in the past couple days:

I had origianlly ordered a MYLR which had recently moved to January EDD. I proceeded to change it to a MYP.
However in the meantime I found MYLR in the existing inventory and ordered it.
Now the MYP is EDD 9/3-96 and I prefer that car.

Now, if anyone is interested, and if you can help me make it a seamless transition, I will give up my MYLR reservation for only my costs (deposit + transport fee $500 which I assume I'm on the hook for? maybe not). The current EDD is 9/2-9/5 with a VIN and is being transported to Burbank.

Feel free to message me
what is the config of the MYLR?