Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine on 8/13, original EDD was Dec 19-Jan9? I can’t remember, then got moved up to Nov29-19, then Sept 20-30, over the weekend got the generic January, and then reverted back yesterday to Sept 19-30. With everyone that ordered before me, I’m trying not to be too excited, as it just doesn’t make sense what the order is….
It seems like EOM everyone gets switched out to a month. And then the next day or Monday if it's a weekend, they get switched back to normal.

It appears to be not many VINs flowing today. May be lull before storm :)

If you look at the Teslike spreadsheet the VIN's per day dramatically spiked May 26-28, one month before EOQ2. Here we are one month from EOQ3 and, as evident in this thread alone, VIN's spiked between the 26th and 30th. The good news is that after that spike at the end of May it was a steady, but strong VIN assignment leading up to June 30th (EOQ2)

This is where Tesla will prioritize West Coast deliveries as the month goes on. Last few days of the quarter all of the MY demo cars will get sold (happened to me mid test drive) and they'll probably start selling them to anyone walking by as a car rolls off the assembly line to get those numbers up.

That makes it soooo tempting! We have road trips at the end of September it would be amazing to have the car for, but I. MUST. RESIST...
1630438016510.png

• Funny
Reactions: TheRock23
Don't know but I would be interested in finding out also. I almost grabbed that same car but it had the tow hitch and I don't have any use for that! Plus I would really like blue or red as I have had a white model 3 for the past 2 years and could use a change, though the white is a fantastic color.
I thought about it and cancelled now..will stick with Red. I am okay to compromise on 5 seater vs 7.

Reactions: MattDJupiter
Was it a delivery from inventory somewhere else? If so, if you don't mind me asking once you grabbed it from inventory did you immediately fill out paperwork for finance (if you went that route)? Trying to determine the best course of action with my own inventory MY I grabbed this morning.
It was a demo in St. Louis. I did apply right away; I grabbed it last Thursday evening, applied to DCU, finally got the quote from them on Tuesday (that was the longest part), sent the quote to [email protected]. They replied within 2 hours, rate matched, changed everything in my account so all I had to do was accept the terms (all finished with financing Wednesday am). Car was delivered later that day and I picked it up Thursday evening. All told it took one week and I don’t regret it at all!!
Congrats on your new Y!!! 🎉🎉🎉

so I should just go ahead and finalize the loan then. The only option I have on it right now is to finalize the payment method.
This was the snag I ran into; DCU requires something from Tesla listing them as financing the loan. I had to get in touch with someone at my SC to give it to me. Took me 3 days to figure that part out and once I got the right person she emailed it over right away.

WHOA! I just got the blue button (those of us who ordered before Tesla Vision), and a VIN! Estimated delivery Today through Friday!! VIN# 259***
Aaaaand of course it was too good to be true. Got a call from SA, this VIN was 'accidentally unmatched' from another order and accidentally assigned to me. They are pulling it back. 'Is that OK?' 'Of course it is not OK, but I'm guessing you are not giving me any choice in this.' But he assures me this has the attention of people 'all the way up the chain'. 'We'll get you matched again as soon as possible.' How long might that be? '2-3 weeks for sure.' Classic.