Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Revisiting my earlier post, now that August is in the past, latest VIN on the forum is 264xxx, that brings it to about 24k ( 264xxx-240xxx) builds in August, bravo Tesla! Well at least a good sign for the investors and EU has seen few deliveries too(SHA built though), seems like Q3 is going to be better than Q2.
After reading few "If you had invested $1000 in Tesla back in 2010 ...." articles, I was charged up enough to invest not 2 but 5 wall chargers worth money in Tesla stock when it had dropped to $620 few weeks back, let's see after 10 years.

And the EDD holds, day 69.
Might also want to consider Lucid ($LCID) at < $20 a share right now. CEO Peter Rawlinson is Tesla's former chief engineer. They're also stocked with talent from all over Silicon Valley as well as former Audi designers. Seems to me, at least early on, that the Lucid Air is a very viable challenger to Tesla.

Today is also a good buy in point as it will likely drop (artificially) for a bit.

Perf in inventory Nashville
This exact config popped up in Nashville a week or so ago, wonder if the deal fell through?

Is Tesla really stiffing those who ordered earlier by perpetually delaying their car because they have since increased the price of the car? That would be really an underhanded tactic.
This is my theory cause there's no reason for them to be getting skipped. Someone mentioned they went to the store and was told they could get an inventory car for the current price but not the reservation price. That makes me believe, Tesla's not happy they're getting upgraded cars (compared to when they ordered) at lower prices. Just my theory.

Haven't updated in a while so here goes:

My wife ordered May 14th. MSM/Black/5/20"/No Tow/No FSD

EDD started out late June/early July. Kept going backwards to July/August, then September, and now it actually says Nov 24-Dec 14. Devon, PA SC.

My neighbor ordered the exact same build 1 week before me and got his delivered in mid June.

I called the 888 # yesterday for the first time and the guy told me it should arrive before EoQ and the EDD was likely a glitch in the system and we should have a VIN in 1-2 weeks.

Was informed that my car will arrive at my DC on Sept 7. Not that there's anyone left here who has actually taken delivery, but if so when did you get a call for the delivery appointment? I'm trading in a vehicle, so I also thought I'd be getting FedEx'ed paperwork to sign (based on previous posts). When does the Review Agreements button become enabled? Why is the sky blue? Why do you park in a driveway and drive on the parkway (for you NJ folks)?

This is my theory cause there's no reason for them to be getting skipped. Someone mentioned they went to the store and was told they could get an inventory car for the current price but not the reservation price. That makes me believe, Tesla's not happy they're getting upgraded cars (compared to when they ordered) at lower prices. Just my theory.

EXCEPT... they'll eventually have to fill those orders. If the reason they're putting off those orders is that they're not happy with having to sell a car with more features at the lower price, then why would they be happier adding even more features on top of what we have as of Sept 1 2021 and still having to sell the car at the lower price?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Haven't updated in a while so here goes:

My wife ordered May 14th. MSM/Black/5/20"/No Tow/No FSD

EDD started out late June/early July. Kept going backwards to July/August, then September, and now it actually says Nov 24-Dec 14. Devon, PA SC.

My neighbor ordered the exact same build 1 week before me and got his delivered in mid June.

I called the 888 # yesterday for the first time and the guy told me it should arrive before EoQ and the EDD was likely a glitch in the system and we should have a VIN in 1-2 weeks.
Hope you get it soon.

I'm sorry what? I'd suggest if you consider moving elsewhere that you could also look up the cost of buying your car there. NJ's taxes pay for programs like offering an incentive to purchase EVs and also to fully waive your S&U tax, a reduction in your cost to purchase by thousands of dollars. But there will always be those people who still complain about $6.

Oh I'm well aware of other states' costs and thankful NJ did something right with no tax on EV purchases. Before one of the replies said it was for the Tire Tax, I thought it was some new moronic tax the state gov't was trying to recoup earnings on.

As far as complaining goes... let's talk about property taxes. 🤪

• Funny
Reactions: TESRP
Revisiting my earlier post, now that August is in the past, latest VIN on the forum is 264xxx, that brings it to about 24k ( 264xxx-240xxx) builds in August, bravo Tesla! Well at least a good sign for the investors and EU has seen few deliveries too(SHA built though), seems like Q3 is going to be better than Q2.
After reading few "If you had invested $1000 in Tesla back in 2010 ...." articles, I was charged up enough to invest not 2 but 5 wall chargers worth money in Tesla stock when it had dropped to $620 few weeks back, let's see after 10 years.

And the EDD holds, day 69.
Nice!! I purchased the majority of mine back in 2015 - 2016 for what is now after the split an average unit cost of $40. It has yielded many wall connectors (@PatrickTM ) since then. I wish you the same luck!

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
Oh I'm well aware of other states' costs and thankful NJ did something right with no tax on EV purchases. Before one of the replies said it was for the Tire Tax, I thought it was some new moronic tax the state gov't was trying to recoup earnings on.

As far as complaining goes... let's talk about property taxes. 🤪
Haha my biggest complaint about property taxes is not about paying the money (we knew ours would be high and did it for the school district), but when people talk about them in terms of nominal dollars including in conversations with other people in NJ who have similarly high rates. "My taxes were $40k last year! That's way more than you paid!" ......Our tax rates are relatively the same, but your house is worth well over a million, and mine is not. That's why percentages exist.

Ha, really? The rep seemed like today was some magical cut off for it as if it was a freshly passed bill. Everything else NJ specific was on the invoice days ago, except for this, so I guess Tesla screwed up and forgot to add it.

Taxes be damned, delivery day is tomorrow and I can finally test out the wall connector that has been taunting me for the past month!

It sucks to look at the charger and have no car :) BTW I'm in NJ too.

Reactions: Chemios and adiemac
Update from Tesla on the MYLR7 inventory.

SA says Texas is similar to Michigan where it is hard for Tesla to sell cars because of GM/Ford requiring salesman. So moving a car in or out of Texas is a huge paperwork hassle. He said the reason this car is available is because if you have a delivery in Texas, you have to pick it that same day. The 3 day window is very difficult in Texas. So the person who bought it could not pick it up and it went back into inventory. Said it's also one the reasons Tesla built their plan in Texas, to help sell cars to the people in the 2nd largest state in America.

Car has no service holds on it. If they were working on it for paint or any other reasons there would be a hold. So it is all paperwork to get the car to move.

Sept 13th pickup.