Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha my biggest complaint about property taxes is not about paying the money (we knew ours would be high and did it for the school district), but when people talk about them in terms of nominal dollars including in conversations with other people in NJ who have similarly high rates. "My taxes were $40k last year! That's way more than you paid!" ......Our tax rates are relatively the same, but your house is worth well over a million, and mine is not. That's why percentages exist.
I'm a NJ property owner as well. The taxes are pretty high in that town (relative to my primary home in Philly) but my goodness it seems like every block in town as at least one property with the old 1940s house being demolished in favor of a $1.1+ M cookie cutter house. All the shore towns must have an ever-expanding bucket of tax dollars.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I feel that pain. Maybe I just picked the wrong time. In the previous breath she was staring into her full closet complaining that she has no clothes to wear and wishes she could just be rich and go to Bloomingdales and have a professional dress her.

Soooo maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Hahaha!
Tell her you can get her to Bloomingdales faster in the MYP. :cool:

Haven't updated in a while so here goes:

My wife ordered May 14th. MSM/Black/5/20"/No Tow/No FSD

EDD started out late June/early July. Kept going backwards to July/August, then September, and now it actually says Nov 24-Dec 14. Devon, PA SC.

My neighbor ordered the exact same build 1 week before me and got his delivered in mid June.

I called the 888 # yesterday for the first time and the guy told me it should arrive before EoQ and the EDD was likely a glitch in the system and we should have a VIN in 1-2 weeks.
I’m in the same boat with an OD of May 8th - EDD of Nov 23 - Dec 13. Haven’t tried the 888# yet, but I’m calling now to see what they say.

Was informed that my car will arrive at my DC on Sept 7. Not that there's anyone left here who has actually taken delivery, but if so when did you get a call for the delivery appointment? I'm trading in a vehicle, so I also thought I'd be getting FedEx'ed paperwork to sign (based on previous posts). When does the Review Agreements button become enabled? Why is the sky blue? Why do you park in a driveway and drive on the parkway (for you NJ folks)?
VIN on Thursday the 26th. Text to schedule delivery today, Wednesday the 1st.

EDD was 6-12 Sep, delivery window available was 10-12 Sep. Of course i locked in the 10th!

Reactions: TESRP and ajs847
I'm a NJ property owner as well. The taxes are pretty high in that town (relative to my primary home in Philly) but my goodness it seems like every block in town as at least one property with the old 1940s house being demolished in favor of a $1.1+ M cookie cutter house. All the shore towns must have an ever-expanding bucket of tax dollars.
As long as they can get insurance, Jersey shore real estate owners will do the dance.
When FEMA and the Feds cease to cover the storm damages, the insurance companies will bail.
The game is musical chairs, until the party stops. Because it's federal policy to bail out voters who make questionable choices.

Reactions: TESRP and PhillyGal
Thanks @te$laWhy for the update.. I created a Geico quote and it appears that I will be paying @ $1085 for 6 months. I might try and get a quote from Progressive as I get closer to getting my car.
I just did the insurance estimator for USAA and I got an increase of $402 for six months. That sounds ok to me but maybe I did something wrong. I don't get vehicle replacement though and use $500 deductibles. That's a straight add-on, not dropping a current car.

To add to this @Oldguywaits the consensus in this thread appears to be that if they are able to update the cast chassis and newer battery in the near-term, that rather than charging you more, they could potentially call this a new model (think Model Y Xtra-long-range) and charge more for that. Those of us with existing orders would likely get the current car as produced out of Fremont. My personal opinion is that is also dependent on the cost of these changes. If the casting lowers cost, maybe they could generate similar margins at the current price even with more expensive batteries. What I've seen as Tesla matures is that their auto margins continue to improve so it seems that many design decisions they make incorporate this aspect. They are slowly making progress towards 30% already.
Yes, agree.

I think that whenever 4680 cells come out, and stuff a Model y full of those fat cells, that'd be like a 500 mile range Model Y. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe 2025 when there's a massive amount of big-battery, long range EV competitors coming to market. In the next couple years, they'd most likely they'd use fewer 4680 cells, and maintain the 326 (EPA) mile range or thereabouts. That's my hope at least, I really don't want my LR order to be cancelled, and pony up for a LR+ (or whatever it ends up being called). I have no need for a 500 mile EV, and the current LR Model Y is already well above what I'm comfortable paying for a car.

Reactions: Nrvna76 and ajs847
Seeking Advice!!!

I just got off of another call to the 888 number to try and clarify what is taking so long for my inventory order to arrive and was told it was due to a "service hold for refurbishing". I was previously told by a different support rep the delay was because of Hurricane Ida.

At this point, I am fed up. I have already provided the down payment, including 2k in transportation fees, and have not heard a peep from my SA. When I try calling my local SC directly I get re-routed to Tesla's general support line and am given some bogus excuse for the delay. Finding out that the vehicle is stalled because it requires refurbishing, which I would have probably never found out about had I not called their team, all feels really shady.

Can anyone suggest what course of action I can take? Should I be concerned about the car being refurbished (for reference, it is not a demo)? Can I request exactly what refurbishing is taking place? Should I just give up and cancel the order?

Any help would be appreciated!! For more context around my inventory delivery experience so far see the post below.
I would advise waiting on making the down payment for your own sanity. I ordered an inventory MYP out of Cali on 8/19 with a soft pick-up date of 9/2 at the Charlotte, NC SC. When I was offered actual dates/times for scheduling the earliest offered was 9/4 so I scheduled for that morning and made my down payment immediately to finalize my order.

I was curious about the transit status last week so I called the 888 number and was told it wasn't scheduled to arrive until 9/6-9/9, despite no word from my SA and my scheduled pick up still set for 9/4. I called the 888 number again today and they told me that the delivery is postponed even further and that they were going to re-schedule my pick up for 9/12. I have still yet to hear anything at all from my SA and my down payment is in Tesla's bank account. Needless to say, I am annoyed, especially having shelled out $2k for transportation fees...

So anyways, rant over, but don't have any expectations for this delivery process either.

Haven't updated in a while so here goes:

My wife ordered May 14th. MSM/Black/5/20"/No Tow/No FSD

EDD started out late June/early July. Kept going backwards to July/August, then September, and now it actually says Nov 24-Dec 14. Devon, PA SC.

My neighbor ordered the exact same build 1 week before me and got his delivered in mid June.

I called the 888 # yesterday for the first time and the guy told me it should arrive before EoQ and the EDD was likely a glitch in the system and we should have a VIN in 1-2 weeks.
Ah, the good old "EDD glitch in the system" line.

They've been using that line for many months now!

• Funny
Reactions: Spelly88
I just did the insurance estimator for USAA and I got an increase of $402 for six months. That sounds ok to me but maybe I did something wrong. I don't get vehicle replacement though and use $500 deductibles. That's a straight add-on, not dropping a current car.
I did a straight-on add quote through USAA as well. Currently pay $360 / six months for 100/300/100, comprehensive, and uninsured all at $500 deductible. 2015 Prius.

With the added hypothetical 2021 Model Y LR, my rate for the Prius goes down a bit, and the final bill is $780 per month. Same coverages. I'm a 30 year old married male, no tickets or at fault accidents last 10 years. WA state policy.

My current timeline, to hopefully help with timeframes. Especially once a VIN is issued.

6/19 Test drive at King of Prussia, PA (cut short after 15m when car we were in sold)
6/21 Ordered & profile completed
6/22 EDD of August 15 - September 5
6/23 Request SA adds referral code of friend, done same day
7/09 Test drive at Devon, PA (this was first time one was available since 6/19)
8/26 Received VIN (66 days from order date)
8/26 Obtained Tesla insurance card; uploaded to Tesla account
8/27 SA updated my account to obtain trade-in offer & refresh credit (mine expired)
8/27 Account page showed option to accept financing again
8/27 Submitted trade-in info with pictures
8/28 Received Tesla trade-in offer, prompted to upload vehicle title (I inadvertently chose no loan associated with trade in)
8/29 Stopped by Tesla KOP (it's in a mall) and had them update from trade-in with no loan to trade-in with loan. SA updated my account with loan info
8/30 Accepted Tesla trade-in offer; uploaded trade-in registration card
9/01 Received text message to schedule delivery
9/07 Per SA Car to arrive at SC (Northeastern U.S., Devon PA)
9/10 Delivery scheduled 10am at Devon PA (81 days from order date)

My original EDD ended up not being too far off from actual delivery date. Earliest I had was August 8, latest September 19; not counting the random weekend "October" placeholders.

I just called the 888 number and spoke to a representative. She said the familiar "cars are produced in batches" line, and said that EDDs are not really relevant to your car, but are general timeframes. She expected that my config had a batch coming to production soon, but this was based on "I have a lot of people calling with your same order", so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

If I go by what she told me, I should expect a VIN within the next two weeks, and delivery to the east coast about 10-12 days after VIN assignment. She said based on my June order date, September is totally possible. We'll see...

Seeking Advice!!!

I just got off of another call to the 888 number to try and clarify what is taking so long for my inventory order to arrive and was told it was due to a "service hold for refurbishing". I was previously told by a different support rep the delay was because of Hurricane Ida.

At this point, I am fed up. I have already provided the down payment, including 2k in transportation fees, and have not heard a peep from my SA. When I try calling my local SC directly I get re-routed to Tesla's general support line and am given some bogus excuse for the delay. Finding out that the vehicle is stalled because it requires refurbishing, which I would have probably never found out about had I not called their team, all feels really shady.

Can anyone suggest what course of action I can take? Should I be concerned about the car being refurbished (for reference, it is not a demo)? Can I request exactly what refurbishing is taking place? Should I just give up and cancel the order?

Any help would be appreciated!! For more context around my inventory delivery experience so far see the post below.
Well this is concerning, after scheduling an appointment for my own inventory item, I got an email from Tesla today saying if I don't select an appointment they are moving the inventory car to someone else, but my appointment is set? So I'm on hold with the 1888 number at this point....

Reactions: PatrickTM
Well, it's September, my EDD is 9/11 - 9/26 for my May 31 order. I chatted with Tina on the Tesla site about my order. She got me by my email address and didnt need my order number. Here's what i got:

Tina chat:
At this time, a VIN has not yet been assigned to your order. Once your vehicle approaches its final transit leg, you should receive a text message with instructions for scheduling your delivery appointment. Your VIN will be reflected in your Tesla account once your delivery appointment has been scheduled. We sincerely appreciate your patience in the meantime.

I asked if she could tell if my build was scheduled to be made.

Tina chat:
Unfortunately I do not have visibility to that information. Your local showroom/ Tesla Advisor would have more insight on this. Do you have their contact information?

I told her i do have that info but mostly they are non-responsive. I then asked if I should look to get an inventory car versus waiting.

Tina chat:
While I wouldn't be able to guarantee delivery this month, I highly recommend looking into inventory so you can get into your Tesla sooner.

Then she thanked me and disconnected.

And so it goes in the land of the VINless.