Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not thrilled with the idea of a demo for only a minimal $ discount. Plus the white interior looks great on with the red in my opinion and you'd be giving up that!
Yeah I think it's gone already anyway. Oh I was very close! The other issue is you can't know the VIN. So it could be a seldom used spring build then I'd be missing out on some of the latest features.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
However, if you want to play around with it before you get your Tesla I would suggest the A Better Route Planner (ABRP) app. It allows you to choose the Tesla you own and to fine tune your driving and the enviornmental conditions for your proposed road trip.
I can't resist.... Back in my day, the car did not tell you where to charge, how long to charge, etc. And ABRP did not exist. You'd simply go to www.evtripplanner.com and write down each supercharger you needed to get to your destination. Back then, the answer was "all of them" . You'd write down the approximate distance to each so you knew how much to charge to at the previous stop. You'd give yourself a 10-15% buffer in good conditions, 20-30% buffer in bad. Today's kids have it easy...

Now get off my lawn.

I remember attempting to drive to work on summer performance tires in the middle of winter, hitting a slick spot and getting to practice my "Finnish Flick" in my neighborhood one time - luckily it was in super slow motion, but I noped out and headed back to the house and grabbed another vehicle with all seasons and front wheel drive.
I once slid from Broad Street to 22nd Street. Broad is what we would call 14th - you do the math. It was the entire length of the property where the Eagles practice, the Novacare Center. It ended with what I assume you are referring to as a "Finnish Flick" when I pulled the e-brake to avoid the intersection at 22nd. (Not in a Tesla but now I'm terrified to drive anything besides a Tesla in snow or ice.)
I don't disagree personally for now, but I think there are more situations than this. Tesla owners appear to get very defensive in this type of conversation. Trust me, I am sold on the Y in it's current state. But are you and everyone else here OK with that long term? Why wouldn't you want it to get better? I likely would also need to take a break, BUT for another relevant example: my FIL recently drove from NJ to Florida and back in an ICE. He stopped twice each way, each time only to get gas and get right back in the car and go. If he didn't need gas, he wouldn't have stopped. I know this is a more rare scenario, but to design for the masses it should be included in future iterations of the design. By the logic Tesla owners use, ICE vehicles shouldn't have 500+ miles range today...but they do....and people like it.
I think people overestimate the importance of being able to drive for hours and hours on end without stopping. It's torture and dangerous. I used to hate road trips. Literally flew from Philly to Pittsburgh to avoid a 5-6 hour drive in my mid 20s. A few months ago I voluntarily drove 4,200 miles in a Tesla with a 3 year old. Why? Because the very act of being forced to stop, stretch your legs, refill your drink, and take a restroom break makes driving not only more comfortable, but safer. I think when you combine charging speed with efficiency with convenient charging locations (eg: at the actual highway rest stop) you get a really great driving experience.

But yes, we should always aim for better. Aiming for 500 miles, while I know is in reality completely unnecessary, is helpful for that mental hurdle to mass adoption, as well as a good buffer for extreme cold and towing, both of which reduce range.
Hope you guys are OK. My BIL is in Mullica Hill and in their small 20-house neighborhood there is a house that is leveled - FULLY leveled.....from a tornado......in NJ. That's besides all the houses with their roofs torn off and full sides missing where you can see mattresses hanging out from bedrooms and cars that were thrown around the street. They were super lucky everything was cosmetic or fences/trees, but this is crazy. Where we live (also in NJ) this is our 4th tornado watch over the past 1.5 months. They follow the same path each time like an alley from around the border right cross from Philly up northeasterly and so far luckily have passed us but are within a mile range
My husband, kiddo, and I spent most of the evening in the basement. The Mullica Hill one tracked a path just few miles to our east. Another was just a few miles to our west, and resulting in one friend's house getting windows blown out.

Philly was spared from the tornadoes but woke up to major flooding. Some neighborhoods are under water. It's really scary.

I can't resist.... Back in my day, the car did not tell you where to charge, how long to charge, etc. And ABRP did not exist. You'd simply go to www.evtripplanner.com and write down each supercharger you needed to get to your destination. Back then, the answer was "all of them" . You'd write down the approximate distance to each so you knew how much to charge to at the previous stop. You'd give yourself a 10-15% buffer in good conditions, 20-30% buffer in bad. Today's kids have it easy...

Now get off my lawn.

I once slid from Broad Street to 22nd Street. Broad is what we would call 14th - you do the math. It was the entire length of the property where the Eagles practice, the Novacare Center. It ended with what I assume you are referring to as a "Finnish Flick" when I pulled the e-brake to avoid the intersection at 22nd. (Not in a Tesla but now I'm terrified to drive anything besides a Tesla in snow or ice.)

I think people overestimate the importance of being able to drive for hours and hours on end without stopping. It's torture and dangerous. I used to hate road trips. Literally flew from Philly to Pittsburgh to avoid a 5-6 hour drive in my mid 20s. A few months ago I voluntarily drove 4,200 miles in a Tesla with a 3 year old. Why? Because the very act of being forced to stop, stretch your legs, refill your drink, and take a restroom break makes driving not only more comfortable, but safer. I think when you combine charging speed with efficiency with convenient charging locations (eg: at the actual highway rest stop) you get a really great driving experience.

But yes, we should always aim for better. Aiming for 500 miles, while I know is in reality completely unnecessary, is helpful for that mental hurdle to mass adoption, as well as a good buffer for extreme cold and towing, both of which reduce range.

My husband, kiddo, and I spent most of the evening in the basement. The Mullica Hill one tracked a path just few miles to our east. Another was just a few miles to our west, and resulting in one friend's house getting windows blown out.

Philly was spared from the tornadoes but woke up to major flooding. Some neighborhoods are under water. It's really scary.
im 37 and back in my day we used to have a 99 dollar southwest flight from pittsburgh to philly, i always took that cause i HATED that drive. you could hit a snowstorm in may

This is off topic, but any of you on this thread have the Tesla roof and/or power walls? We are putting the roof and two powerwalls on our log cabin, and I’m just curious of anyones experience.
I just installed solar & powerwall about a month ago- they are still sitting on my roof non-operational. Tesla is having same issue with energy department as their auto- demand outweighs supply and they can’t hire ppl fast enough. Overall pretty smooth process except now I am waiting for Tesla to submit my final package to So Cal Edison for approval to turn on the system. Tesla is backlogged and taking up to 3 months to submit this paperwork. So, I have a system sitting on my roof producing no energy & every day we’re losing summer days (highest producing solar days).
But, federal tax incentives start to decrease after next year, as do most state incentives, so I figured I’d go for it now rather than waiting.
I had Tesla solar at my previous home and it was great.
If you have any specific questions LMK and I will do my best to answer

I was browsing tesla-info today and this guy popped up. Somehow got lucky enough and snagged him! My current EDD was end of nov to early dec, this one is now due to arrive in less than a week. Demo car located in Indiana with 400 miles! :) :) :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-02 085608.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-02 085608.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 88
So question for you all, I'm trying to plan out payment and insurance on the new car I picked from inventory they told me they were loading it up yesterday (for what thats worth) in Vegas in route to Atlanta. How long of travel time should that take and I'm trying to determine if its worth bothering my Delivery center on if I can get it early and when it might be in earlier?

Also as I'm without a car, having sold my ICE one to carmax last night I'm trying to plan getting where I need to be.

I was browsing tesla-info today and this guy popped up. Somehow got lucky enough and snagged him! My current EDD was end of nov to early dec, this one is now due to arrive in less than a week. Demo car located in Indiana with 400 miles! :) :) :)
Ah so you're the one responsible for ending my decision paralysis! I saw that too and was teetering on going for it. Congrats and enjoy!

I pulled the trigger and ordered a MYP last night after having a MYLR on order and the date kept shifting.

After ordering MYP last night, I got a delivery date of 9/11-9/17 and VIN today. Estimated delivery of MYLR is 10/28-11/17.

Now, I have 2 MYs on order and was curious for thoughts on when I should cancel the MYLR.
I was in the same boat, canceled when I got my VIN.

Did you just replace the tires or the rims too so they front and back were even?

This was on a previous car, not a Tesla. Regardless of the type of car, the best solution if you want to keep the 21" Uberturbines is to also buy a set of rim/tires for winter driving. This is what I did in the past, changing the car's wheels from the "summer set" to "winter set" depending upon the season. Alternatively, and this is what a lot of colder climate MYP owners do, buy a set of all season tires with wheels (rims) and keep them on all year. Sell the 21" Uberturbines to recoup the cost of the new wheels.

Reactions: PatrickTM
im 37 and back in my day we used to have a 99 dollar southwest flight from pittsburgh to philly, i always took that cause i HATED that drive. you could hit a snowstorm in may
This is us, only in Colorado. In the winter, it’s not worth the risk to make the drive to Denver. Even this summer, I-70 was a disaster with the mudslides, making the normally 4 hour drive at least 7 hours.

No need to lock in a quote. Insurance companies aren‘t like cable companies. They don’t run sales or limited time promotions forcing you to “act now!”

Your premium won’t change. Now, over the course of several years it’ll change (generally down), but for all the faults of insurance companies, at least they don’t play around with pricing.
I've never had insurance go down before over time, lol. Only one time it went down was after an accident dropped off my record. Each renewal, it goes up. Maybe it will be different switching to Tesla.

Reactions: PatrickTM