Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to give them direct access to your bank account. Your account number and password. I think it's probably okay and you can then change your password but my bank thought it was a bad idea. Maybe they're old fashioned.
Never give ANYONE direct access or passwords to your account. EVER. It's NOT 'PROBABLY OKAY'.
Stuff only needs to happen ONCE for ruin to occur.

Well everyone - here is the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow. Original order was 6/1, cancelled and went to MYP in August. Totally worth the wait. It's so fast, yet such a nice car to drive around. Really enjoying it. Good luck to everyone!

Inspection:
I will preface this by saying I didn't want to even look at panel gaps, but these were bad enough I had to create an assignment in the app. The front passenger door alignment horrible and the rear hatch - big gap on right side, no gap on left. Overall it didn't kill my buzz and they can fix whenever.

C69AE063-ABBD-4FC7-A7C7-5089A15743A6.jpeg

I’ve seen a bunch of hate for using Plaid on this thread. Any particular reason why?
Some other horror stories I've read is that people pay using Plaid before taking delivery, Tesla takes away a VIN, and then the buyer has forked over money for no vehicle. Tesla is slow to reverse the payment.

This is probably a rare circumstance though. But I've read enough about people losing VINs to not pay a dime until I see a car in front of me (i.e. pay with cashier's check).

Seeking Advice!!!

I just got off of another call to the 888 number to try and clarify what is taking so long for my inventory order to arrive and was told it was due to a "service hold for refurbishing". I was previously told by a different support rep the delay was because of Hurricane Ida.

At this point, I am fed up. I have already provided the down payment, including 2k in transportation fees, and have not heard a peep from my SA. When I try calling my local SC directly I get re-routed to Tesla's general support line and am given some bogus excuse for the delay. Finding out that the vehicle is stalled because it requires refurbishing, which I would have probably never found out about had I not called their team, all feels really shady.

Can anyone suggest what course of action I can take? Should I be concerned about the car being refurbished (for reference, it is not a demo)? Can I request exactly what refurbishing is taking place? Should I just give up and cancel the order?

Any help would be appreciated!! For more context around my inventory delivery experience so far see the post below.

Well, Ida certainly had an impact.

Reactions: snowchains
Finally.... Congratulations!!!!!

Any other issue you want to share ???

Like panel gaps, paints...
None of those things…..but

when I close driver door it sounds like it’s rubbing against something.

my display zooms on apps when I’m not pinching.

my pax front Window makes a click sound noise when it goes up.

that’s is really. Everything else is perfect.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla at all, but I am finding it really hard to send the goodbye email to friends and colleagues at my firm after 11 years here. But, I guess I can take some comfort from 160 invalid email addresses of the 400 I included (those who have already left).

Typing this in this forum I realize how much I like posting here as opposed to other social media apps. I think it is the anonymity and supportiveness of the community, so for the second - props to all of you!

Now if Elon will just read this, have pity on me, and hand over a VIN!

When I moves from GA to Southern California, my premium jumped massively. Unfortunately insurance is regulated at a state level, so while what the customer sees and experiences is very similar, in the back end are two completely different businesses. For instance in state A the insurance company might be allowed to invest their money in highly profitable highly risky investments, make tons of profit, and lower premiums. State B might require insurance company to hold more cash, so they make less money, and charge higher premiums to cover their costs. This is an oversimplification.

Then there’s the variations in local accident, theft, and repair expenses. Either way, no one insurance company is the absolute cheapest in all 50 states, so definitely shop around. And the same driver and same car can have wildly different premiums. Some of my quotes from different companies were orders of magnitude off - one company charged as much in one month as another did for six months.
This is surprising to me. I haven't driven much in CA, but some of the worst drivers I've seen in my life were between Atlanta and Columbus

Reactions: PatrickTM
Delivery day today!! T-4 hours and 24 minutes!!

It's a home delivery and they said I can either drive the delivery person back and ask questions or they can take an Uber. Do you think the opportunity to ask questions is valuable? If so, what would you ask?
I’m an introvert who picks “don’t talk” in Ubers, so I wouldn’t 😂😂 I also think the awesome folks here on TMC could probably answer any question you could come up with 😉