Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in June: I'll have my car soon so I can go for a ride over July 4th weekend ----> NAH, no VIN

in July: I'll wait to schedule some time off so i can have the car and go away for a few days in the new car. Maybe we'll go upstate or to vermont ----> NAH, no VIN.

in August: the weather's still good so I'll hold off on setting up a mini vaca because i want to use the new car. Maybe it's just day trips, though, because of the Covid surge. I'll wait so i can go somewhere with the new car over Labor Day weekend ---> NAH, no VIN.

in September: I'm hoping (remember, hope is NOT a strategy!) that the car comes before the end of the month. I know it's EOQ and it scares me in terms of rushed build quality and indian-giver VINs because I am an east coast buyer and geographically inconvenient to the Calif factory and local, countable deliveries for tesla numbers. maybe Tesla will reach out to me to tell me what's going on with my May 31 order. -----> NAH, no VIN.

Wondering if anyone else had their dates jump forward. Still scratching my head about how I went from 11/5 - 11/20 to 9/14 - 9/24. Anyone know what the process is if I want to push my order back? Do I just not hit the blue button or will my order get cancelled. My SA is hard to get a hold of but I guess if I get a VIN, worst case I can call another SA and put the order on hold? Ideally I will just get placed back in the queue.
I’m actually wondering what happens if you don’t accept Tesla Vision aka “blue button”, as well.

My EDD almost perfectly aligns with the week I’ll be on the other side of the country and won’t be able to take delivery. I wonder if I wait to hit the blue button it’ll prevent me from missing delivery or having to put my order on hold and pushed back to February.

Sigh.... why can't I agree...? We can agree to agree.

2021-09-03 13_33_57-_ Tesla.png

Wondering if anyone else had their dates jump forward. Still scratching my head about how I went from 11/5 - 11/20 to 9/14 - 9/24. Anyone know what the process is if I want to push my order back? Do I just not hit the blue button or will my order get cancelled. My SA is hard to get a hold of but I guess if I get a VIN, worst case I can call another SA and put the order on hold? Ideally I will just get placed back in the queue.
My dates had jumped two months forward as well, but they have been holding. Maybe since we have the same build, we are in a block together.

I do not however, know the process to push your order back...

My dates had jumped two months forward as well, but they have been holding. Maybe since we have the same build, we are in a block together.

Oh wow you ordered LR in August and you are showing a September EDD? It must be a batch White/White 7 Seats is set to hit production and ours must have been pulled in.

Reactions: JeffSanDiego
this thread, Current Delivery Times, started on April 6, 2021.
Today is September 3, 2021
That's 150 days
there are now 1,630 pages to this thread.
That's 10.8 new pages per day (on average) of people observing that the company selling them a $60K car does not communicate with its customers and totally disrespects delivery estimates.

At the end of the day I should have read the loan approval from BofA a little closer since I did miss a line about if the dealer isn't on their list please call us. But I am still really frustrated with Tesla Raleigh for not responding to numerous attempts when they could have easily told me days in advance that I sent them the wrong doc. For a 60k car not exactly the best customer service.. end of rant!
I can relate @endofthestairs. I am now onto my second inventory order and am supposed to pick it up in Raleigh tomorrow at 6:30 pm. After numerous attempts to reach their team to confirm everything is good to go with my order and ask for a full battery charge, I have gotten no response.

At this point, I am scared to drive the 4 hours and get told it is a no go...

I’m actually wondering what happens if you don’t accept Tesla Vision aka “blue button”, as well.

My EDD almost perfectly aligns with the week I’ll be on the other side of the country and won’t be able to take delivery. I wonder if I wait to hit the blue button it’ll prevent me from missing delivery or having to put my order on hold and pushed back to February.
Don't sweat it, it will move :)

I can relate @endofthestairs. I am now onto my second inventory car order and am supposed to pick it up in Raleigh tomorrow at 6:30 pm. After numerous attempts to reach their team to confirm everything is good to go with my order and ask for a full battery charge, I have gotten no response.

At this point, I am scared to drive the 4 hours and get told it is a no go...
For people who don't live close to these service centers, the lack of response is ridiculous. I am flying to mine. Flying, on a plane, with a ticket I have to buy. Hello Tesla!

I wonder why mine was pushed back and month and yours brought in 2 months. Really don’t understand the logic in teslas system.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Submitted for trade in offer in June, vehicle had 13k miles on it. Tesla offer was for $66k (2020 Ford Raptor)
Got VIN 8/26. Resubmitted for trade in offer (since previous one expired & I removed it)
Mileage is now 16,500. Offer comes back at $62k. Photos still are from June submission, with odometer at 13k.
Today I receive a text asking for updated odometer photo.

If anyone has been through this, is this routine? I'm willing to accept $3-4k less than other offers I'm getting because I'll save $3400 sales tax if trading in at time of Tesla purchase. Vroom came in at $68k, but I don't want to use them with the whole "we take your vehicle and send you a check a few days later after we inspect it" nonsense. KBB and local dealers were at $64k

Start shopping prices again, or no worry with Tesla.

LOL I just typed "no worry with Tesla"

Submitted for trade in offer in June, vehicle had 13k miles on it. Tesla offer was for $66k (2020 Ford Raptor)
Got VIN 8/26. Resubmitted for trade in offer (since previous one expired & I removed it)
Mileage is now 16,500. Offer comes back at $62k. Photos still are from June submission, with odometer at 13k.
Today I receive a text asking for updated odometer photo.

If anyone has been through this, is this routine? I'm willing to accept $3-4k less than other offers I'm getting because I'll save $3400 sales tax if trading in at time of Tesla purchase. Vroom came in at $68k, but I don't want to use them with the whole "we take your vehicle and send you a check a few days later after we inspect it" nonsense. KBB and local dealers were at $64k

Start shopping prices again, or no worry with Tesla.

LOL I just typed "no worry with Tesla"
Used prices are market dependent and the market changes daily. If you want to lock in a trade in value, you need to sell the car and transfer the title within the valid trade in period. If you sell your Raptor to Vroom, you come out ahead vs trading in your car to Tesla, even factoring in the sales tax credit. If you are being truthful, there is zero worry you should have with selling to Vroom. Anything besides this is just a logical fallacy and you are leaving money on the table. For a Raptor, you may even want to try a private sale in this market - more work and risk obviously.