Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like things got considerably worse since the beginning of this thread XD I placed an order for MY on Aug 19, 2021 and the estimated delivery is b/w Dec 19, 2021 and Jan 8, 2022.

BTW, does it mean that my MY will be 2022, I guess?
It would seem your chances of getting a "2022" are definitely higher than others, but as others pointed out, its just a year and Tesla is known for making changes on the fly / mid year whenever they deem it necessary, like the bio defense mode as an example

I think if its before its delivered it will be reassigned, but if its refused for any reason (payment, didn't want to accept) once at the delivery center it goes into inventory. But I'm not 100% on that just from data points I've read through these forums really.
They will attempt to match it to another order (most likely why some July/Aug orders get matched before the same build in May/June). If there are no matching orders, it will go out to inventory.

Do any new owners have the front castings in their MY? I read an article from May saying they were producing front castings in Fremont, but another article from early August said that Elon mentioned that only Berlin and Texas would be incorporating them into MYs.

PS. my EDD just slid from mid-Oct to late Oct.
There are piles of FRONT castings at Fremont, along with REAR castings (based on drone flyover videos recently).
At some point, Fremont will begin building the V1.5 MY (using 2170 batteries) and V2 MY (using 4680 batteries).
It's cheaper to build the MY using both F+R castings, regardless of the battery pack used.
So we can expect Fremont to re-tool for it, just don't know when. Not likely until Texas is online. Guessing Q1 22.

Reactions: Rotorhead45
Very nice! So all things checked out? No issues?
Yeah, sorry for the short initial post.

The process was painless. I had paid online before the appointment. Just had to sign docs for Telsa to send me tags in 30 days.

The gaps looked good. There were some water spots and leftover adhesive gum, but no scratches and panel gaps, and door alignments look good.

My daughter has two favorite things: emissions and the rainbow road. LOL. I have to admit, I like them both too.

I won't abandon the thread altogether, but will most likely be spending more time in the driving dynamics threads. Good luck to all those getting ready to take delivery and for the VINless...hang in there. Your time is approaching.

I was just assigned a VIN #5YJYGDEEXMF260794

LR/Blue/19/5 Seater/Tow Package

Unfortunately, for me I am out of town for Labor Day and will not be able to take delivery. So, someone is going to be lucky soon.
Talk to your delivery center team, they should be able to adjust the delivery date to accommodate you. Definitely do not give it up without talking to them first.

Good luck!

Thanks. It’s just that my current car is starting to have issues, I swear as if it knows it’s gonna be replaced 🤷🏻‍♂️
Positive thoughts, it will be all right! I’ve traded in many a car that was on it’s last leg of life. Just picture it making it past your pick up day! And of course talk nice to it, giving it motivation to stay in there for you! 😂

Talk to your delivery center team, they should be able to adjust the delivery date to accommodate you. Definitely do not give it up without talking to them first.

Good luck!
It is better to let it go to someone else. I got lucky earlier this year. This car is for my wife but we won't be home till next Monday. Since the EDD dates are always moving you never know when you are really going to get a car. So, why stop living your life's to meet Tesla's timeline.

Looks like things got considerably worse since the beginning of this thread XD I placed an order for MY on Aug 19, 2021 and the estimated delivery is b/w Dec 19, 2021 and Jan 8, 2022.

BTW, does it mean that my MY will be 2022, I guess?
I’m in the same boat as you. I figure if it goes that long or longer, I‘ll get a 2022. If it moves up and I get a 2021, that’s okay too!!! Worst case scenario, it goes to Jan or beyond and I get a ’21.

I don’t even know how to spend the points 😂 I should check into that!
Probably a free sandwich or a coffee. I mean, jeez, you spent $100 on fuel, the least they could do is get you a free coffee.

Edit: just saw your second post about the free Icee drinks. Haha that's awesome! Enjoy! But again...$100 of gas...it's really the least they could offer!

Reactions: collaGOunltd