Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove the ID.4 for a bit when my local mall had a VW event. Gotta say it is competitive to the Model Y and finish does feel solid but still way too much of that legacy auto feel for me. Way too many buttons. No frunk and mediocre range. Driving dynamics are very decent though but even with the given price difference a Model Y is still a winner for me. The VW stills feels like a legacy car with EV drivetrain to it and some futurism on the dashboard - same thing one would say about the Prius Prime 3 years ago. Going with Tesla for more of that future feel but I can see the ID.4 appeal to more traditional, loving-Toyota-Camry-oversaturated-interior folks.
Yup, I think you hit the nail on the head! It definitely has some drawbacks, like less efficient powertrain, less range, and has the look and feel of a traditional car. I think for under $40k it’s a hell of a bargain, and should have mass appeal because it’s a comfortable and approachable car, because of the “legacy OEM“ styling.

My mom is still undecided between Model Y and ID.4 Pro S, still weighing the pros and cons. Coming from a 2005 Accord, the ID.4 will be the fastest, most luxurious car she’s ever had. And the $39k price for a practical, usable EV Is huge plus in her book. Now just trying to decide whether it’s worth the $14k for a Model Y LR.

So quite the day here today, but my wait that started May 31st is finally over. After visiting the SC this morning to check on status and make sure delivery was still set for Wednesday I saw my Y on the lot and the SC rescheduled me for delivery tomorrow. Well, at 3pm I get a call saying it’s ready now if I want it. Friends, I’m telling you you’ve never seen anyone get kids out of a pool and into a car that fast. She’s home now and resting in the garage after some initial testing of the accelerator (and after the kids did some emissions testing 😂). This car is really special, people. Tesla is changing a whole industry. What this car does is changing the rules of the game. I know you’ve read it already, but it is worth the wait so stick it out. Come here to rant when you need a place to vent. It’s all worth it. I will post some pics tomorrow before I wave my goodbyes to the thread.

Garage epoxy coat is done and ready in time for delivery!! Let’s go!!! 9/14 delivery is set!

Attachments

• CF82A2D4-B04B-4075-A1EB-7DCDA992D8A9.jpeg
    CF82A2D4-B04B-4075-A1EB-7DCDA992D8A9.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 88
Just got the text to set up delivery Tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday. Problem is I'm waiting for the DocuSign documents to come from DCU. It's a holiday weekend so the earliest will be Wednesday.

I'm wondering if I should set it up for Wednesday and be on the phone on Tuesday and try to get those documents from DCU quickly and get them over to rate match at Tesla.

Already approved at DCU for 1.24% just need the documents stating that.

Any suggestions?

P.S. We can't wait to get our MYP!

As I stated prior here, due to the storm here in the northeast this past week, my delivery was pushed to Wednesday from Monday. Tesla twins we will be! HAHA! Cant wait to see yours!!

Reactions: PatrickTM