Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s a soft match?
Ah, the soft match. Depending on the land you are living in and the mastery of your mythic SA it can mean anything! From an unspoken, magical date the eternal Tesla system matches you with a VIN to the outlandish Fremont stronghold seeing your car in their queue for conjuring and summoning. Truly untold mysteries are hiding behind the spell of the soft match!

Did your SA explain the process when you had to have the VIN unassigned due to not being able to take delivery? It sounds like you put it on “hold” but are you planning to remove the hold after the holiday when you are able to take delivery?

I will be out of town at the end of the month which currently aligns with my EDD so I’m wondering what exactly happens if you’re unable to take delivery in their strict 3 day window. You're one of the few people who have actually been in this situation and isn’t just hypothesizing how Tesla will handle this situation (move you to back of the line, priority rematch you to a VIN once hold removed, etc. Any insight you have would be super helpful!
For what it’s worth, I get the sense a hold moves you to the back of the line (although the person doing the hold didn’t mention that at the time). I ordered 6/2, put a hold on a week or two later when a VIN got assigned almost immediately, removed it on around July 16, and now have November 2-22 dates. Not sure if you could just not take the VIN, without a hold, to avoid those issues.

For what it’s worth, I get the sense a hold moves you to the back of the line (although the person doing the hold didn’t mention that at the time). I ordered 6/2, put a hold on a week or two later when a VIN got assigned almost immediately, removed it on around July 16, and now have November 2-22 dates. Not sure if you could just not take the VIN, without a hold, to avoid those issues.
I had a very similar situation - ordered in June, placed a hold until July, and now I have an EDD of 10/31-11/20, which seems more in line with July orders than June ones, even though Tesla says my order date is considered 6/14.

I had a very similar situation - ordered in June, placed a hold until July, and now I have an EDD of 10/31-11/20, which seems more in line with July orders than June ones, even though Tesla says my order date is considered 6/14.
Interesting. I was wondering if I was just unlucky but it definitely sounds like the same thing. (Kicking myself for not taking the original car…I stupidly thought if I got assigned one in just a week or two, I’d get another one quickly!)

Reactions: dwh13
Interesting. I was wondering if I was just unlucky but it definitely sounds like the same thing. (Kicking myself for not taking the original car…I stupidly thought if I got assigned one in just a week or two, I’d get another one quickly!)
Same, except my original date was snagging a demo car, but that fell through because of a clerical issue on my trade-in title. My SA said I might be matched with another car “any day now” and since we were going on vacation most of July, I stupidly put a hold on my account

Well, I finally got off the seemingly neverending EDD rollercoaster and couldn't be happier! Pick-up in Raleigh was seamless - the car was waiting for us out front. I signed one piece of paper, got my key setup and was good to go.

It's absolutely gorgeous and the only flaw we found was that the spoiler was coming up a bit on one side. My husband has already ordered Betalink, so we will take care of that ourselves. Having never seen the car in person prior to ordering, it was wild to finally sit inside and drive it. It seriously is unnervingly fast. Until I get a better comfort level I will be keeping it in "chill" mode. 😆

Our next order of business is to buy all the accessories lol. We ordered the 24' Wall Connector, 3D Maxpider floor mat set, storage bins, front PPE, and are currently looking for a back seat cover so that our 1-year-old doesn't stain the white interior. Windshield, roof, and front window tint are also being scheduled.

We are over the moon to have the MYP and couldn't think of a better addition for our family's needs. To everyone here who is currently waiting for your MY, keep hanging in there, it is worth it!!! ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_5014.jpg
    IMG_5014.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5018.jpg
    IMG_5018.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Good morning, my VINless friends! Some here have gotten VINs today, making the national holiday all the more special. My May 31 MY order is still hanging out there matchless - not soft nor hard. I'll be refreshing my tesla account page looking for my MY VIN today.

EDD of 9/11 - 30 means I'm 5 days from my earliest bullshit estimation date. What I DO know is that it's been 98 days since I ordered the car on my iphone. That, too, is bullshit!

Happy holiday and, if appropriate, l'shanah tova to you and yours!

Well, I finally got off the seemingly neverending EDD rollercoaster and couldn't be happier! Pick-up in Raleigh was seamless - the car was waiting for us out front. I signed one piece of paper, got my key setup and was good to go.

It's absolutely gorgeous and the only flaw we found was that the spoiler was coming up a bit on one side. My husband has already ordered Betalink, so we will take care of that ourselves. Having never seen the car in person prior to ordering, it was wild to finally sit inside and drive it. It seriously is unnervingly fast. Until I get a better comfort level I will be keeping it in "chill" mode. 😆

Our next order of business is to buy all the accessories lol. We ordered the 24' Wall Connector, 3D Maxpider floor mat set, storage bins, front PPE, and are currently looking for a back seat cover so that our 1-year-old doesn't stain the white interior. Windshield, roof, and front window tint are also being scheduled.

We are over the moon to have the MYP and couldn't think of a better addition for our family's needs. To everyone here who is currently waiting for your MY, keep hanging in there, it is worth it!!! ❤️
Congratulations it’s gorgeous!!! Enjoy!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉