Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy for all VINers

sullen for myself!! Booohooo…..🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

OD - July 23
MYLR - red, 20” wheels, white interior, FSD - total with taxes nearly $76K

and here I am waiting like a fk’ing idiot for the car!!!!

EDD is 11/08 to 11/28

AFS - another frustrated soul… 😂
I'm in the same order date. One ray of hope is that if you look at most of the VINs on here they are around a 90 day range so I'm optimistic we get our cars in middle to late October. More than halfway there!

Reactions: Redman113
Happy for all VINers

sullen for myself!! Booohooo…..🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

OD - July 23
MYLR - red, 20” wheels, white interior, FSD - total with taxes nearly $76K

and here I am waiting like a fk’ing idiot for the car!!!!

EDD is 11/08 to 11/28

AFS - another frustrated soul… 😂
Take off FSD and buy this inventory. Same price!

@GoGators! My husband and brother-in-laws have DIY’d the epoxy floors in (4) normal home garages and (1) massive shop so far without any issues. They used the Rustoleum Epoxy-Shield Professional kits. You have to be meticulous with the prep, do the etching with muriatic acid, and “overmeasure” to make sure you have plenty of epoxy and don’t end up with uneven spots.

Not knocking professional install by any means, because it is quite a task to DIY. But just wanted to add my $0.02 that if you have good attention to detail and don’t rush, it can be done well as a DIY.
Fair enough, two days time minus the price of the kit and rental equipment didn’t really make sense for me to try it on my own. Time is money. Lol. Glad your projects turned out great

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Now, you have me considering moving to the 7 seater. It may be worth it.
We went with the 7 Seater. We have 3 kids, although they are not little kids anymore - my oldest is 19 - all 3 are teenagers. It is super rare we go anywhere together as a family anymore since my oldest has his own car and my middle son will have one soon. But we do go visit family a few times a year which is a minimum 5 hour drive and doing that in the Model 3 is not great...too cramped for everyone in the backseat. Figured it made sense to get the 3rd row even though it will only be used a few times a year probably. Good to have the option for us just in case we need it.

Again, off topic. Apologies to those whom would like to see off topic posters thrown into a volcano.

I added a new YT vid on using Tesla-Info and DISTILL to order an inventory Tesla. Figured it was a good "come back" vid for all of you who have subbed to me in the past few days from this thread.

Thanks to you all and if someone needs to know how to do the above.... share my vid to them!

I wont link it here, as thats even more cringy than this post.

Again, off topic. Apologies to those whom would like to see off topic posters thrown into a volcano.

I added a new YT vid on using Tesla-Info and DISTILL to order an inventory Tesla. Figured it was a good "come back" vid for all of you who have subbed to me in the past few days from this thread.

Thanks to you all and if someone needs to know how to do the above.... share my vid to them!

I wont link it here, as thats even more cringy than this post.
Thanks for the YT Vid. I downloaded this extension on my Chrome :)

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Funny I got the 5 seater though I do have a kid AND he's not grown...
Same - awfully tempted by the 7 seater just to cart around my 10 year old and his buddies, but in reality, we don’t pack nearly as many kids in a carpool these days in the age of COVID. And now we have a big dog to bring along with us camping, so we opted for more room to haul non human things.

But were you able to schedule delivery without insurance that had the VIN on it?
In California you just have to upload your current insurance to complete your profile. That's it. I have my Mazda 3 insurance on my Tesla account and will just change it to Tesla / Geico / Progressive / whichever-best-quote-I-get insurance once required by Tesla to schedule delivery. It varies by state, just read the explanation on your Tesla account.

I just received my delivery scheduling text! September 10th! Maybe a dumb question:

My only option was a home deliver, which is fine, I think...??? I would assume that I'll have an opportunity to look carefully at the car to make sure everything is acceptable. Anyone have any thoughts on home delivery? Do two people show up so they can get back?
Welcome fellow Minnesotan! There are surprising many here!

Taking delivery at home in a few hours. I'm within about 3 miles of the Eden Prairie SC, but they just scheduled it for home. I was assured that I will have time to look over the exterior, but that I won't be able to get into the inside until I accept delivery. That's okay, I'm pretty confident that they will fix/clean anything I find - I'll just be sure to document it and request anything needed within 24 hours.

In my case I have a trade that the driver will take back, so I think only one person is visiting.

One thing I will say, from what an SA told me a couple weeks ago before I had a VIN, is 7 seaters are definitely made less often (I think we all know that) and certain color combos on top of that make them even more rare.

My blue/white/7/tow combo was apparently one of the rarest, according to this SA I was talking to.

For reference, today is exactly 4 months since I ordered (123 days) and my delivery is scheduled for this Saturday at noon which will be 18 weeks exactly from OD to delivery as long as nothing changes this weekend. When I ordered the range estimate was 5-13 weeks.

🤞 🤞 Hoping everything goes smoothly...I'm over this wait for sure!

What was FishEV and M8Ball all about? I guess I missed all the drama on the official Tesla Forum while it was a thing.
Ahem. So, Tesla really didn't do moderation on their forums. I don't know if the reason was Frea Speach or having to pay somebody to ride herd on the unruly. As a result, in no particular order:
  1. Trolls
  2. Shortsellers
  3. The Truly Misguided
  4. Sock-puppets
  5. People who weren't any of the above, but were notably unforgiving and rough-mouthed.
FishEV had several pseudonyms and ran a sockpuppet or three. Conflated power and energy for a living (kind of like the guy in Indiana who tried to get a law passed making pi, the constant, equal to 3.00) Purposely targeted newbies, trying to get them to call Tesla with misguided ideas. Lots of pump-and-dump from the shortsellers, who would post information hoping that it would be First in the Google searches. Misguided types who had a problem, decided that it was Reason A, and then badmouthed everybody else who said it was Reason B.
And M8Ball was the poster child for #5; right, most of the time, but you didn't want to end up on his bad side.
Lots of shenanigans. While there wasn't a lot of moderation, claiming that another poster had committed verbal sexual assault could get the victim poster booted. This happened at least once.
There were attempts by Tesla to put in some auto-moderation; but then groups of trolls and such would create lots of sockpuppets and pervert the process. And so on, endlessly.
I miss the camaraderie of the vast majority of posters, many of whom were founts of good information with tips and pointers. I don't miss the trolls at all.
As I said, Tesla apparently didn't want to spend the resources on a dedicated moderator or three; they tried various types of automation, none of which worked; and the forums over there got to the point where a good double-digit percentage of threads were where a troll would post blatantly false information, followed by tens to dozens of posts pointing out that it was a troll over there, lather, rinse, repeat. So, Tesla shut it all down.
One can still go back and look over it all if one so desires, but live, it isn't.
So, if you feel like badmouthing the moderators here, don't. They keep the place sane and clean.

Well, I guess this is my version of nesting: View attachment 706534

This time next week I'll have a 14-50 plug installed. Then I'll just need a car!
Makes the waIt easier for sure. It just looks so alone!

IMG_20210907_173154888.jpeg

I wouldn’t

I would HIGHLY advise against doing it on your own. I just finished a video on the installation of the Epoxy Floor if you are interested in seeing what goes into a professional installation.
Agreed, everyone I know that has DIY epoxy has all had it lift afterwards. Either have it professionally done or lay Racedeck type tiles over your current floor and call it a day

Welcome fellow Minnesotan! There are surprising many here!

Taking delivery at home in a few hours. I'm within about 3 miles of the Eden Prairie SC, but they just scheduled it for home. I was assured that I will have time to look over the exterior, but that I won't be able to get into the inside until I accept delivery. That's okay, I'm pretty confident that they will fix/clean anything I find - I'll just be sure to document it and request anything needed within 24 hours.

In my case I have a trade that the driver will take back, so I think only one person is visiting.
My husband got his Model 3 last week via home delivery. We got a call about 30 minutes prior to delivery to confirm ETA. -and Just one guy came along with the paperwork to sign. He gave us plenty of time to inspect and ask questions. Then he took an Uber back to the delivery center.

Reactions: BitJam