Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19 days in to my likely 120ish day wait… several boxes of accessories have shown up, the wall connector just got here today (18’ not 24’..🙄) I’m running out of install videos and am still unsure if it’s worth the headache or just pay an electrician… looking into bike racks for the kids and also running out of accessory videos… my wife is about to lose an eye when those eye roll muscles finally give out. I’ve decided to make a game of it…

“something really cool I just learned about model…*eyeroll* ..ing clay is that you can make almost any shape with it.”

“Did you know that Tesl… *eyeroll* is an acronym for teaching English as a second language?”

Some may say I’ve got a long 101 days to go. I say pish posh, I’ve only got 101 days to get more eyeroll!!

Great tip, thanks for pointing that out. I was planning to order this one from Teslarati Tesla Charger Cable Organizer & Holder for Model S 3 X Y but it seems it doesn't come with any bracket for the charger, just a cable holder. Nice touch with a slot for the charging end but I definitely need to keep the charger itself from hanging loose.
The old Tesla cable organizer looked like that, but it didn’t come with the chassis holder. I had the old Tesla one at our prior condo and liked that there was that slot to holder the end of the charge cable. I don’t know why Tesla redesigned it.

Here is a picture of my old set-up at our old condo garage.

Attachments

• 876D69DE-7601-44B7-8014-D8A303A88557.jpeg
    876D69DE-7601-44B7-8014-D8A303A88557.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Yes, my experience has been the same. Either they truly don't know anything more than us or they are asked to be tight lipped. I keep getting same consistent answer, do not go by EDD, just go by the month promised at the time of order.
I’m trying to remember what the time frame was in June and July - anyone remember? I can’t find any list of historical EDDs.

Five years ago we had a house built in a new development. For the longest time it was us and the house across the street. Over the past few years new neighbors have moved in as houses have been completed. Needless to say, with the pandemic we don't yet know many of them since everyone's been mostly staying inside.

A few hours ago our doorbell rings. It's Paul. I've never met him before, but he "heard through the grapevine" through our newly developing set of neighbors that I am expecting a Tesla soon. He walked down to ask if I had any questions, and tell me about his new 4 month old Model Y. Before that he had a 3, and before that a Volt. His wife has a 3 as well.

So Paul, the guy I just met and only chatted with for 5-10 minutes tells me if I ever need to charge I can do so at his house.

Wait, what?

Is this the new norm with Tesla people?

Delivery day!! Say hello to Felix (like Allyson Felix, cuz she’s FAST):
Five years ago we had a house built in a new development. For the longest time it was us and the house across the street. Over the past few years new neighbors have moved in as houses have been completed. Needless to say, with the pandemic we don't yet know many of them since everyone's been mostly staying inside.

A few hours ago our doorbell rings. It's Paul. I've never met him before, but he "heard through the grapevine" through our newly developing set of neighbors that I am expecting a Tesla soon. He walked down to ask if I had any questions, and tell me about his new 4 month old Model Y. Before that he had a 3, and before that a Volt. His wife has a 3 as well.

So Paul, the guy I just met and only chatted with for 5-10 minutes tells me if I ever need to charge I can do so at his house.

Wait, what?

Felix is a GREAT name!

@eleven - I think that's wonderful the neighbor offered his charger! Looks like you have a new friend.

I’m trying to remember what the time frame was in June and July - anyone remember? I can’t find any list of historical EDDs.
I ordered July 7. The initial estimate from the build & order page was September. My EDD history is as follows, I only updated when there was a change. I don’t have a VIN yet.
7/9: 9/3-23
7/10: 9/10-9/30
7/11: 8/18-9/7
7/12: 9/12-9/30
7/13: 9/15-9/30
7/15: 8/28-9/17
7/16: 8/25-9/14
7/17: 8/21-9/10
7/18: 8/27-9/16
7/19: 8/26-9/15
7/20: 8/27-9/16
7/24: 9/2-9/22
7/27: 9/4-9/24
7/28: 9/3-9/23
7/31: 9/2-9/22
8/2: October
8/3: 9/5-9/25
8/4: 9/4-9/24
8/7: 9/8-9/28
8/8: October
8/9: 9/8-9/28
8/10: October
8/11: 9/9-9/29
8/13: 9/2-9/22
8/28: 9/8-9/25

Ha!

Tronguy nailed it

In my early days when the Model S was the only vehicle for sale, the forum was a CRUCIAL source of information. Tesla was perpetually teetering between a real life automaker and a failing start up. That said, they had no sales prowess (or desire) so owners relied on each other for nearly everything. I can't overstate how important that was at the time.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. In the early days it was very intimate too so when someone heard I was headed down the shore with no chargers en route, he literally told me his home address and told me to charge there. A very respected long time poster held my baby in my own home. A whole bunch of posters started a GoFundMe to give my baby a gift when I was pregnant. I kid you not. Amazing group!
Frankly, I miss that culture of taking care of each other… where and when did we become so competitive and cut throat to lose this so important trait!!!

Delivery day!! Say hello to Felix (like Allyson Felix, cuz she’s FAST):

View attachment 706913

We lucked out on timing somehow, but any wait for this car is tough. Have had about 10 minutes to enjoy it before the rest of the family took over. Smiles all around!
Congratulations!! We have twin builds, so I’m super excited to see yours get delivered! Makes me feel like the 🦄 really does exist!! Enjoy!!

For anyone picking up in Lawrenceville/Princeton NJ location, I am pretty sure they are storing the cars in an overflow lot at the Quakerbridge mall. You can see like 30 in a parking lot right off Quakerbridge road. Will everyone getting their cars this week see a guy looking at each VIN one by one if they open up their Sentry mode history? ....no, but I did think long and hard about doing this.

19 days in to my likely 120ish day wait… several boxes of accessories have shown up, the wall connector just got here today (18’ not 24’..🙄) I’m running out of install videos and am still unsure if it’s worth the headache or just pay an electrician… looking into bike racks for the kids and also running out of accessory videos… my wife is about to lose an eye when those eye roll muscles finally give out. I’ve decided to make a game of it…

“something really cool I just learned about model…*eyeroll* ..ing clay is that you can make almost any shape with it.”

“Did you know that Tesl… *eyeroll* is an acronym for teaching English as a second language?”

Some may say I’ve got a long 101 days to go. I say pish posh, I’ve only got 101 days to get more eyeroll!!
I initiated my WC return before I even got it, and ordered the 24' the same day. Didn't run into any issues initiating the return, though I STILL haven't gotten the 18' to send it back yet

Reactions: PatrickTM

Wait, what?

That's so awesome.