Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 707092

Team .. I got this quote from a Tesla recommended electrician to install one NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage right next to the breaker. $750 for one plug. Does this sound reasonable?
I'm sure it depends on the area, but for what it's worth I was quoted the same ballpark, with a similarly short run from the panel. That said, he's also condensing several 15A breakers into duplexes as my panel is out of slots.

Reactions: BitJam
close to what i have - seems reasonable given you dont have any panel upgrades ... since you are not using a Wall Adapter believe you will need a 50A GFCI breaker (not sure if Texas has that law adopted). Seeing the electrician is using a #6 AWG most probably will be a 50A GFCI.

According to this, Texas is on the 2020 NEC, which requires GFCI for all garage plugs including 14-50. Tennessee is still on 2017 and didn't adopt the TIA relating to GFCI so mine won't be installed with one (which is good because my Juicebox doesn't work well with one since it has its own built in). The GFCI breaker is quite a lot more expensive than the "normal" kind.

Delivery day!! Say hello to Felix (like Allyson Felix, cuz she’s FAST):

View attachment 706913

We lucked out on timing somehow, but any wait for this car is tough. Have had about 10 minutes to enjoy it before the rest of the family took over. Smiles all around!
Congrats! And seeing a July order of the same spec before my May order is just a punch in guts, once again. Enjoy while I cry and wait :)

close to what i have - seems reasonable given you dont have any panel upgrades ... since you are not using a Wall Adapter believe you will need a 50A GFCI breaker (not sure if Texas has that law adopted). Seeing the electrician is using a #6 AWG most probably will be a 50A GFCI.

View attachment 707092

Team .. I got this quote from a Tesla recommended electrician to install one NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage right next to the breaker. $750 for one plug. Does this sound reasonable?
Seems reasonable. Mine was $1250 BUT the power line to the garage was exposed due to a recently removed deck and that extra was for them to bury about 5 feet of cable and put a couple of joints in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mrkrazyk
Well they were a month beyond the original EDD but I picked up yesterday!! The car looks perfect. I didn't see any paint or fit issues. There was something sticky to the underside of the roof window but came right off, I noticed some oil splotches on the rear seats and hoping that wipes off. I actually only had the vehicle for 10-minutes. Drove it straight to the Auto Spa to get a clear bra on the front/hood/mirrors and PPF on the rear quarter panels so VERY MUCH looking forward to actually picking up the car tomorrow! FYI- for Colorado deliveries no mud flaps (not a problem I had already purchased them) and no PPF on the rear quarter panels (getting that fixed now). So excited to finally get my Telsa hang in there everyone waiting!!
Clear bra....Love it! 😂

Grats on the car! 😊