Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR/White/Black/7 Seats/no tow/no FSD/
OD: 6/19
EDD: 9/22-9/30

Just received my vin this morning at noon, but it is 265xxx. I called and they said my car is just built. How? I see some people here with vin 269xxx, and mine was just assigned and still at the factory with 265xxx?
Just a guess, probably 7 seater batch VINs assigned slightly earlier than current ongoing batches

I believe you can call and ask exact manufacturing date and they should be able to provide you

Anyone else have a remarkably stable EDD? I see that a lot of people have EDDs that move every day. I've had two "real" ones since July...my most recent one hasn't changed in two weeks.
I had complained about my VERY uneventful EDD a month or two back. Now that I'm inching closer to it, I'm grateful it hasn't slipped back.. yet. But for the past 2 months I've felt like my EDD has only moved twice. It remained 9/11-9/30 for WEEKS until a random episode of Octoberfest a few weeks back over a weekend. That following Monday, it switched to 9/18-9/30 which it has been at since then. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be on the front end of that EDD, but it is in line with what my SA and the website said when I released my hold on 6/15 - "SEPTEMBER."

Thank you. At $750 USD in materials it’s pretty expensive… no?

I’m also going to DIY ceramic coating on the outside and the inside. Any recccos for that?

how about car seat covers? Or ceramic coating on car seat covers is good enough?
Did you apply the 20% discount code? That $750 is still much cheaper than you taking it to a shop I’m sure. I’m not doing anything for the car seats. I’ve got kids still in booster seats and we always have a seat protector mat under their car seats. For body ceramic, a fellow owner who overbought sold me 2 Avalon King ceramic coating kits at half the price. Will see how they do.

Prices seem high. Locally, I can get (and have gotten) premium 3M branded PPF for the front bumper, partial hood and fenders, door edges, door cups and mirrors for $750 - Installed by a professional. This "driveprotected" place wants ~$350 just for an unbranded pre-cut piece of film! Am I missing something?
The brand is supposedly xpel. I couldn’t find a place selling the 3m equivalent online.

Edit: found some online prices for 3M front bumper but still priced higher than the xpel one I ordered after the BTG discount code.

Last edited:
Good luck as you may not get any better info than your account, just to set expectation.
Yeah, I’ve been there a couple weekends and forget it…..taking my 95 year old father there this time as he has a tough time comprehending what the Tesla looks like inside and how it functions….will pester the SA for another test drive…😂

Yeah, I’ve been there a couple weekends and forget it…..taking my 95 year old father there this time as he has a tough time comprehending what the Tesla looks like inside and how it functions….will pester the SA for another test drive…😂
You can schedule a test drive online, then you don’t even have to be at their mercy lol

Reactions: ConchChick
Did you apply the 20% discount code? That $750 is still much cheaper than you taking it to a shop I’m sure. I’m not doing anything for the car seats. I’ve got kids still in booster seats and we always have a seat protector mat under their car seats. For body ceramic, a fellow owner who overbought sold me 2 Avalon King ceramic coating kits at half the price. Will see how they do.
Yes. Also figured the $750 is Canadian so USD should be a multiplication factor of 0.79 today. That’s better :)

did u get the full body kit as well? I think it will be $1450/= approx for full body including full front. Thoughts?