Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+ @PhillyGal

Yup, good advice indeed @PhillyGal ! While I don't have two Tesla cars (not even one yet) I'll definitely keep this in mind.

@ajabay I don't know if you should move the order to the other account. That would be an order revision since the name on the order sheet would change. I think that *may* send you to the back of production queue and update pricing. I say once you take delivery just go ahead and burn up the 1k miles quickly, and then it is supposed to be a super easy and straightforward transfer of the car from one Tesla Account to another, without emailing or calling Tesla.
I thought about that but then 2 things I'm concerned with. I'll need to switch accounts when I need to drive the other car unless we use my car everytime we go out as a family. Also when you transfer ownership, what happens to the premium connectivity trial? I believe that stays with the original owner and when you transfer you lose that. If that's not the case, I can stomach the inconvenience of switching accounts.
Actually, I was reading yesterday that you can be added as a driver to other teslas so maybe that's what we need to do instead. Just add my account to my wife's as a driver. I plan to call after we take delivery tomorrow and find out the best option. I'll post back what I find out.

I live in a blue collar, working class part of town so for YEARS we owned a Tesla and almost never saw another one. Then a family doctor's office at the base of a corner rowhome started having one parked outside. License plate was "Tesladoc" - no idea where the doc actually lived but I still counted this one as having a local tie. I kept meaning to leave a note and never did but just couldn't help myself calling the office to talk to the doc just to say hi and that it's nice seeing a second Tesla in the neighborhood. Didn't go so well. Not bad, but he really acted like I was an idiot for bothering to call. I wouldn't do that today but in 2015 or whenever it was? Most owners would jump for joy at such contact.
Whenever I drive past another X I always get my hand ready to wave just in case. I feel like we all want to acknowledge each other, but sometimes we get too shy to do it.

Oh boy. Welcome!

Settle in, make yourself at home. Expect you VIN in about 110-120 days.

Also if you like keep an eye on Tesla-info.com. If you see your car in inventory, you might want to jump on it. But know there is a delivery fee if you can’t pick it up from where it is.
Thanks for the info. Feel like a 10 year old waiting for Christmas day :)

In my VINless frustration, I took a serious look at the Polestar 2 and was ready to set a test drive appt when my VIN came in. (I was preparing to sign up for a Sunday appt and my VIN came in Saturday morning at 1:30 AM.). The polestar website shows that you can order a car that is configured with the most popular options for immediate delivery! Not sure you have a store near you but it’s worth looking at if you are losing patience.
My husband and I did the same thing last night - sat down and seriously discussed switching to a Polestar 2. In the end, we decided that 100 miles less of range for the same money with a much smaller charging network wasn't worth the instant gratification when our MY should be here in late October. But it is otherwise a very compelling car.