Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of Y yesterday. After a few seconds of driving, I noticed this wind buffeting noise and ear pressure. It is like driving with one rear window down. If you took delivery recently, do you have the same issue?
If it hasn't already been called out check your bump stops on the trunk. They likely are in too much and allow for the hatch to move with the wind. Turn them counter clockwise to make them bigger and create resistance against the body. You can use a piece of paper to measure how much pressure they have against the car when closed.

Finally delivered!! (My MYP got delayed so I went with a Cybertruck)

Attachments

• 20210917_162023.jpg
    20210917_162023.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 68
FYI, as a follow up, even after I took delivery of the inventory car I had emailed before pickup to [email protected] to get them to add a referral code to my inventory order, and they did, 1000 supercharger miles, but they do expire in March 2022... so better get to driving! Good thing I have a trip in Oct and Feb!

If anyone is looking to add a referral code when they email tesla, (shameless plug) mine is david90238

I'll continue to be watching this channel, you all have been a huge support (even though I cheated and found an inventory car), and @dnstommy I am hoping your pickup tomorrow is as smooth as mine was!
Hey @DaveGT…thanks for passing this info along. I got my referral confirmation email today. Enjoy your new MYLR and another 1000 supercharger miles!

We pick our LR up on Wednesday and it goes in for PPF and tint on Thursday morning. Silver lining is all that will be done right away and I actually think I would miss it more if I waited and got used to driving it first. At least this way, once it comes back from the “spa”, we get to keep it!!
I agree totally. Worth the wait to have it protected. It worked out great that I am traveling for work this weekend and could leave it at their shop for a few days. Post some pics, would love to see how yours turns out. Exciting times for sure!

I took delivery of Y yesterday. After a few seconds of driving, I noticed this wind buffeting noise and ear pressure. It is like driving with one rear window down. If you took delivery recently, do you have the same issue?
Someone posted a couple months ago this was due to an alignment issue with the rear trunk. A small gap is there that causes the buffering. Worth exploring as an option

Reactions: PatrickTM
My car is at the delivery center!! Tried to reschedule for tomorrow but apparently they got a boatload (figuratively, they came on a train) today so they won't have any appointments until Monday afternoon

Will I be able to avoid going to check it out this weekend? Tbd...
If you’re anything like me during this wait, you’ll be up there both Saturday AND Sunday.