Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I caved and went to check. The delivery center was hesitant to let me check their lot besides what was out in front, so I didn't push my luck.

However, I knew where the overflow lot was and my wife and I went to check there next "on the way to get gas at Costco"

....and there it was!!!! Covered in dirt but still there. And interestingly, without tow hitch. My learning from this is that tow hitch installation appears to be done at the delivery center. Which translates to it not impacting delivery timing, and that there is no truth to the hitch being installed at the factory being better because of additional wiring harness being included vs when you add it on after the fact
We all knew you’d end up there this weekend even if you didn’t lol that’s cool that you found it tho! And what you mentioned about the hitch is definitely a hidden gem 💎

Hi Guys new member here. Hope I don't upset some of you by telling my story...I ordered mine about a week ago and was told delivery is in January or February...I was dying expecting to wait for 5 months... then this morning I check the inventory - they happened to have a demo Model Y LR exactly like mine (white on white), plus 20" Induction wheels. I immediately called my sales rep - she switched my ordered on the spot. Now I have a VIN and picking up my Model Y on Monday... The only catch is the car is a Demo with ~1,500 miles on it and they only took $450 off the price. I'm happy to take it instead of waiting for 5 more months... good luck guys !

BTW, I live in Los Angeles area and the Demo unit happened to be near me - thus the opportunity came...

Hi Guys new member here. Hope I don't upset some of you by telling my story...I ordered mine about a week ago and was told delivery is in January or February...I was dying expecting to wait for 5 months... then this morning I check the inventory - they happened to have a demo Model Y LR exactly like mine (white on white), plus 20" Induction wheels. I immediately called my sales rep - she switched my ordered on the spot. Now I have a VIN and picking up my Model Y on Monday... The only catch is the car is a Demo with ~1,500 miles on it and they only took $450 off the price. I'm happy to take it instead of waiting for 5 more months... good luck guys !

BTW, I live in Los Angeles area and the Demo unit happened to be near me - thus the opportunity came...
That’s pretty rad, nobody will be mad about this… great folks on this forum. Jealous, maybe, not mad (Me, I’m talking about me). Enjoy rocking the new wheels, I smell a ride on the PCH on the horizon!

That’s pretty rad, nobody will be mad about this… great folks on this forum. Jealous, maybe, not mad (Me, I’m talking about me). Enjoy rocking the new wheels, I smell a ride on the PCH on the horizon!
Haha I sure am excited... thanks. The moral of the story is to keep an eye on the Current Inventory often, something always pop up from time to time... Cheers !

2. My largest issue is that after the car was made, the rear seats were put flat pressing the seatbelt between the back and bottom of the seats. There is a belt stain everywhere the belt was pressed in. This is in the 3rd mostly, but on a 2nd row seat also. I have tried baby wipes, alcohol and soap. Nothing even removes a little bit of it.
It is a real shame to see those seat stains. I would be losing my mind over a defect of that magnitude.Especially being so far from a SC. Glad to hear that you finally took delivery. Keep us in the loop about the repairs.

Well team, hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday!

I have officially taken my order “off hold” today. Mainly because the new order EDD is now March, and I will need this car as a second car in the household around late January. Went to the Natick Mall Tesla store, and worked with Miguel to complete my profile. Set it to cash for now. I’m a troublesome customer because I’m active duty mil stationed in MA, but I’m a resident of WA and will be registering my car in WA for the sales tax exemption. Will be taking delivery in Mt Kisco, NY to also avoid MA sales tax (even though I’m not registering in MA, MA will charge sales tax for any vehicle sold/delivered inside state borders). Maybe I feel a tiny bit of guilt that I’m trying to get out of paying any and all state sales tax, but then again, these are reasonable and legal options I’m pursuing and I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to the Air Force so far, and any reasonable person probably should take all the tax breaks they are eligible for.

My SA originally told me several months ago they’ll assign my DC as Paramus, NJ, but due to obvious reasons they’re trying to provide some relief to the staff at that particular DC and surrounding DCs in that region. I will also need to follow up with my SA to get my final balance corrected, since it’s currently showing sales tax being charged. Weirdly, my EDD immediately came up when my profile was fully completed, and it said “October”. Assuming they mean October 2021 (next month), I’ll have to give up that VIN should it come that soon. I’m going to take that October EDD with a humongous grain of salt and expect it to push back significantly over the coming months.

I have heard stories from folks here that they got a VIN extremely quickly after taking their order off hold. I’ve also heard from some folks here that they were put in the back of the production queue after taking their order off hold. We’ll see which boat I fall in, and will update everyone here. Grab some popcorn ‘cause I’m off to the races!
That’s exciting!! Happy for you!

Hello guys. I am new here. Have been reading a lot of comment from all of you. So enjoy and funny at the same times. I was thinking I am only one go to Tesla account page everyday checking on EDD lol.

I have a question. I ordered model y and choose cash as a payment but I wonder if I want to change the payment method to loan, would it make my delivery delay? My estimate delivery is in December.
Anyone try to change payment method before?
Thank you in advanced

Hello guys. I am new here. Have been reading a lot of comment from all of you. So enjoy and funny at the same times. I was thinking I am only one go to Tesla account page everyday checking on EDD lol.

I have a question. I ordered model y and choose cash as a payment but I wonder if I want to change the payment method to loan, would it make my delivery delay? My estimate delivery is in December.
Thank you in advanced
I don't think it would but I would wait till I have a vin to switch

Thank you in advanced
Wait until closer to the estimated delivery day, the loan application expires after 45-60 or something. It’s good to go cash now and swap when a vin seems imminent so you’re not doing a hard pull on your credit more than once.

Your delivery will almost certainly shift to February. It will be treated like a new order
I'm not really sure if that's true. Some features of a car are "intrinsic", like paint color, seat config, P or LR. Other options can be customized on the same assembly line - wheels should be one of these things. Hell, there's strong reason to suspect that the tow package is a dealer installed option even. (see earlier). So while any order change could conceivably punt you to the back of the line, in practice changing wheel choice isn't as invasive a change as changing exterior or interior color.

Crap, I figured we referred ourselves when we ordered forever ago but it's not actually showing in my loot box. Our S with free unlimited supercharger miles is no longer as practical for road trips so I was hoping to get a few free trips out of the Y. Womp, I guess it's too late.
Well you ordered your car before the 17th. So you should still get 1000 free supercharging miles.

Thank you in advanced

Hi Ksingnil: Welcome to the forum. I just join the forum today myself... This was the advice the SA gave me when I first sign-up: No matter what your intention how to pay for your car, always indicate that you will pay cash at first. The reason being, the Tesla's operation tend to release the VIN to the cash buyers first (for the obvious reason - cash is king - the bath of the least resistance...etc). If you finance your car with Tesla, then of course you'd have to tell them in advance. However, I do not believe finance with Tesla will gain you any benefit. And if you finance with a third party then it would be the same as you pay cash, so long as you could come up with the payment at the time of delivery....

Hi Ksingnil: Welcome to the forum. I just join the forum today myself... This was the advice the SA gave me when I first sign-up: No matter what your intention how to pay for your car, always indicate that you will pay cash at first. The reason being, the Tesla's operation tend to release the VIN to the cash buyers first (for the obvious reason - cash is king - the bath of the least resistance...etc). If you finance your car with Tesla, then of course you'd have to tell them in advance. However, I do not believe finance with Tesla will gain you any benefit. And if you finance with a third party then it would be the same as you pay cash, so long as you could come up with the payment at the time of delivery....
I would love a bath of least resistance! ;)