Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy smokes, people must be hip to the EOQ inventory drop(s). I just saw several in my locale and they disappeared before my eyes.

(I've personally decided not to bother with inventory because I want my $7k FSD price but it's fun to look at the listings anyway)
I was shocked to see so many last night....err this morning....and almost, almost bought one but called my brother and asked him to come upstairs and he basically talked me out of it. I will steal his M3 once he has it, any chance I can get lol.

I am going to be listing my current car by this weekend, since he gets his car next week, God willing.

Anyone recommend any good places/sites to try to sell and get most of my car? How is Vroom? Has anyone used them? I am going to list it on sale by owner places as I think I can get a little more than what these dealerships are willing to pay.
Carvana blew away all offers from Vroom, Carmax and dealerships. The sale to them was super easy, highly recommend giving them a try.

Also, a big THANK YOU to this community! 💓
Just called DCU and my brother is good with the rate and payments he is getting with them 😊

My one question is, if they gave him a "pre-approval" on the phone with the condition of an official or managerial response within 2 business days, is it actually good as in done and just formal approval is to be granted?
He was given a rate and a monthly payment amount by the lady he spoke to.

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
Anyone recommend any good places/sites to try to sell and get most of my car? How is Vroom? Has anyone used them? I am going to list it on sale by owner places as I think I can get a little more than what these dealerships are willing to pay.
I’m selling my jeep I have now on Carvana. So far it’s been a super easy process and they’re offering me more money than I paid for it in 2019.

Carvana blew away all offers from Vroom, Carmax and dealerships. The sale to them was super easy, highly recommend giving them a try.
I will try them again. I don't remember if I mentioned a crack in the windshield to Vroom as Vroom was the highest offer, by 2K more than Carvana.

And yes I am a bad magnet for windshield cracks :(
Within a year into the Rav, got a crack and it went unnoticed 😭 and I was overseas so I didn't know and my family was afraid to tell me lol

Congrats! what is the vin number? Hopefully you wont get one that was trashed. I went to 2 showrooms and i dont know why people trash the demo cars. When i say trashed the cars has scratches in the interior and exterior, interior stains everywhere. I spoke to a SA in Santa Monica, she’s frustrated about it but cant really do anything. She actually appreciated how i took care of the car, she said it was very rare seeing someone take good care of the car.
230xxxx I hope it’s not trashed. I’ll reject it if it’s horrible and they can’t fix it.
I couldn’t believe they the exact one drop on inventory last night! Feel bad for my coworkers who had to deal with my excessive excitement though 🤣
Yeah, I saw one this morning and jumped on it as well.

I will try them again. I don't remember if I mentioned a crack in the windshield to Vroom as Vroom was the highest offer, by 2K more than Carvana.

And yes I am a bad magnet for windshield cracks :(
Within a year into the Rav, got a crack and it went unnoticed 😭 and I was overseas so I didn't know and my family was afraid to tell me lol
LOL it's a chicago thing. all 3 of my previous BMW's had windshield cracks resulting from rocks on the eden's getting kicked up by trucks. I documented all the issues with my BMW (curb rash to all 4 wheels, minor chips on hood and a cracked rear bumper from a neighbor kid ghost riding his bicycle into my car.

Carvana's offer was still $4k higher than the next closest.

This happened last quarter too. I booked a test drive at the end of June and they texted me letting me know they sold all their demos. I ended up realizing I should just place an order and test drive later if I wanted this thing. I didn’t test drive until more than a month after ordering 😅
That was my thinking too. But I was planning to test drive on the first weekend in October. That seems unlikely now. Hoping they'll have a new demo fleet by mid-November.

I took the weekend off and now paid the price of reading all posts going back to 1749!!! Many new VIN's and some great delivery stories. I thought I would pass along some information on Insurance. I have been with Geico for close to 40 years, insuring two cars and our home. The cars have varied over time but the rates have always seemed reasonable so we never changed. Our assumption was that the same would happen when we purchased the MY. Boy we were wrong. Geico's rates for two cars - one being MY MY - was more than double those of Progressive. We called Geico and they actually admitted to us that they have heard this before, there is nothing they could do, and that they were looking into trying to be more competitive with Tesla but were not there yet. Our rate from Progressive was $439.00 for 6 months (CUSTOM) and for both cars it moved up to $565.00. Geico's quote was $1170.00 for 6 months for the same two cars.... Some background - we are two older retired folks with a clean record. We are sad to leave Geico as they have been so easy to work with but I signed up for Progressive today.

Also, my delivery is set for Monday at 10 AM in Richmond. My SA no longer talks to me for some reason but I have a confirmation email and text that I will be contacted before delivery.

Watermelon Season!
I'm still waiting for my MY but I called Geico to give me an estimate to add the MY... they came out with around $1,000 for 6 months... I have been with Geico for about 10 years and clean driving record, same my wife...

I would check with Progressive once I receive my VIN....

What policy did you get for your MY ???

LOL it's a chicago thing. all 3 of my previous BMW's had windshield cracks resulting from rocks on the eden's getting kicked up by trucks. I documented all the issues with my BMW (curb rash to all 4 wheels, minor chips on hood and a cracked rear bumper from a neighbor kid ghost riding his bicycle into my car.

Carvana's offer was still $4k higher than the next closest.
aha yes. My first crack came on the Stevenson. I clearly remember the rock flying onto the windshield but didn't see anything right away so I thought I survived it, but nope! And it was during construction, so my luck that I was the victim!

I was so excited to trade that car in and get the Rav, you know no cracks and all, then this bomb was dropped on me. I was like "you gotta be kidding me!"

It happened I believe on the day I flew out of the country too! horrible, just horrible lol.
I did a glass filler thingy ma jig in this one, so far it's holding it's length. The other car had it from one end to the other.

aha yes. My first crack came on the Stevenson. I clearly remember the rock flying onto the windshield but didn't see anything right away so I thought I survived it, but nope! And it was during construction, so my luck that I was the victim!

I was so excited to trade that car in and get the Rav, you know no cracks and all, then this bomb was dropped on me. I was like "you gotta be kidding me!"

It happened I believe on the day I flew out of the country too! horrible, just horrible lol.
I did a glass filler thingy ma jig in this one, so far it's holding it's length. The other car had it from one end to the other.
I feel ya, the roads here in chicago are 3rd world. Dont get me started on the potholes.

I took the weekend off and now paid the price of reading all posts going back to 1749!!! Many new VIN's and some great delivery stories. I thought I would pass along some information on Insurance. I have been with Geico for close to 40 years, insuring two cars and our home. The cars have varied over time but the rates have always seemed reasonable so we never changed. Our assumption was that the same would happen when we purchased the MY. Boy we were wrong. Geico's rates for two cars - one being MY MY - was more than double those of Progressive. We called Geico and they actually admitted to us that they have heard this before, there is nothing they could do, and that they were looking into trying to be more competitive with Tesla but were not there yet. Our rate from Progressive was $439.00 for 6 months (CUSTOM) and for both cars it moved up to $565.00. Geico's quote was $1170.00 for 6 months for the same two cars.... Some background - we are two older retired folks with a clean record. We are sad to leave Geico as they have been so easy to work with but I signed up for Progressive today.

Also, my delivery is set for Monday at 10 AM in Richmond. My SA no longer talks to me for some reason but I have a confirmation email and text that I will be contacted before delivery.

Watermelon Season!
I am with Geico too, clear record and all and I am bracing for some crazy rate with them after reading info like this. I am with Progressive on home insurance so probably adding the Tesla there will be beneficial. I will of course also check the Tesla insurance rate. I just need that VIN to get started...

@Forensic it’s a pretty simple process to buy out your lease. I was leasing a 2019 M3 and sold it a week or so ago to a 3rd party dealer. You have two options with a M3 lease: transfer lease to an individual, or sell to a 3rd party dealer. If you want to pull out equity go 3rd party dealer route obviously.
Logon to your Tesla account and click “manage lease” . It will then give you several options, one of them being “3rd party dealer buyout”. Click that and it will generate a buyout quote.
You will fill out a simple 3 or 4 page transfer package with 3rd party dealer info, mileage disclosure etc.
Then, dealer will wire buyout quote/funds to Tesla. (At this point I left my car with the dealer). Once Tesla recieves buyout funds and the signed buyout package, they will overnight the title to the dealership. Once the dealer received the title, I went back to pickup my “equity check”- basically the amount over the buyout quote. They wouldn’t give me the equity portion until they had title in hand.
Overall it was a very simple process that took about 10 days start to finish. Here is the phone number to call if you’d like to speak with an agent to help you : 844-837-5285, option 1
@LATimes -- which dealer did you sell your TM3 to? My showroom car came with some finish defects and I'd rather order a new one. Looking to sell it to a dealer to get out of the lease.

I'm still waiting for my MY but I called Geico to give me an estimate to add the MY... they came out with around $1,000 for 6 months... I have been with Geico for about 10 years and clean driving record, same my wife...

I would check with Progressive once I receive my VIN....

What policy did you get for your MY ???
I have been with Safeco insurance for the last 3 years. Adding a Tesla MYLR in place of a 2020 Honda Civic will only raise the price $150……

Reactions: Teslitored