Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a mention a few pages back about the possibility of Tesla prioritizing orders with their payment set to cash and I'm beginning to wonder if that's true. We order my wife's MY on 5/30, did the financing dance and all that jazz and didn't get a VIN till 8/30, picked up 9/16. I placed an order for my MY on 7/16 and using the experience from my wife's order, I set it to cash upfront.
My EDD has always been 10/15 - 11/4. It changed a couple days ago to 10/6 - 10/26 and today it says 10/1 - 10/20. The window literally starts next week. Honestly, I don't want it that soon. I was hoping for late december early January just to have some time to get used to one first and learn the car. Can't switch both cars to EV and then we're both learning as we go.
I know the EDD is fluid and nothing is set till there's a VIN but it's interesting that the date keeps creeping up and I've seen a lot of folks having the opposite. Makes me wonder if cash set up front does look like a favorable option.
I don't think they prioritize based on payment type...I've been set to cash since my 6/6 OD and no VIN. EDD front-end date keeps getting pushed out when I get inside the range...changed to 9/26-9/30 this morning but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: DZMY
Well that escalated quickly...

Received VIN at 1am today. Scheduled delivery for Sunday at 10:30am. Received a text that my MY has arrived at the destination and if I'd like to pickup sooner respond. I responded and was called by a nice employee who said I could pick it up today at 3pm!

From VIN to delivery in less than 24 hours!! Crazy!!!

Well that escalated quickly...

Received VIN at 1am today. Scheduled delivery for Sunday at 10:30am. Received a text that my MY has arrived at the destination and if I'd like to pickup sooner respond. I responded and was called by a nice employee who said I could pick it up today at 3pm!

From VIN to delivery in less than 24 hours!! Crazy!!!
Nice!! I'm hoping the same happens for me...what was your EDD just before you received the VIN? My EDD changed to 9/26-9/30 this morning.

Reactions: ZeeMike
But the pessimistic me just chalked it up to some developer messing with me and is now giving me some other app to look at 100 times a day to see if the battery level changes OR if the Location will suddenly changed to “Fremont” rather than just refreshing my account to see if my EDD changes.

If some other current Tesla owner waiting for a Y can confirm they are seeing the same when they slowly swipe I’d appreciate it.
I see it! A small battery low icon on the top left but disappears quickly. My Y does show white though, which is my order. So that's neat!

Also, applied to DCU with my MVPA this morning. Called to finalize the loan and get the direct deposit discount to secure the 1.24%. Then applied to Tesla financing, and then emailed [email protected] and got the 72 month rate match. This all happened in a few hours! Crazy!
This is helpful because I had questions about how fast this turnaround could be when all those demo cars were popping up into inventory. We've never financed a car before so we're breaking new ground. Had you set up your DCU account ahead of time?

Reactions: PatrickTM
This is helpful because I had questions about how fast this turnaround could be when all those demo cars were popping up into inventory. We've never financed a car before so we're breaking new ground. Had you set up your DCU account ahead of time?
Yes being a member of DCU was the only thing I had done ahead of time. Strongly recommend you do that if not already done. Also I didn’t specify the loan terms in the rate match and they gave me 72 months which is great.

Reactions: loggedout
OMG OMG OMG! BLUE BUTTON! Year added in front of my order! ABOUT TO CLICK IT!

(Am I oversharring at this point? The excitement just makes me do weird things)

Ladies & Genlemen, Boys & Girls, Moms & Pops, Cats & Dogs!

I present to you *behold* THE VIN!

276xxx

Lord Elon giveth on September 23rd, 2021!
Congrats!! I've been waiting for you to get your VIN ;) I thought my VIN was fresh at 273, but they're probably producing these MYs like crazy!

So I'm still stuck at 10/17-11/6, but I'm hit with a conundrum. The MYLR is replacing my 2018 Highlander, which I had been getting sale price estimates from CarMax for $36k-$38k depending on the week. Tesla's trade in estimates have fluctuated between $32k-$34k. However, when I checked CarMax just now, the estimate is up to $42k, which seems kind of nuts given I bought the car for around $46k and have put 20k miles on it 🤷‍♂️. I'm not sure if CarMax is good about honoring the estimates they give online, but I'm almost tempted to sell and rent a sedan for a month or so, which looks like it'll cost ~$1200.

Dilemma here is the very likely scenario of my EDD getting continuously pushed and having to spend more and more on rentals 😭
At this point, assuming CarMax honors this and I can make due sharing a car for a month, I’m tempted to switch out for the MYP. My only apprehension with the MYP is, will I need to swap out my tires for all seasons?

EDIT: Nevermind - gonna stick with my order 😅

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: PhillyGal