Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, assuming CarMax honors this and I can make due sharing a car for a month, I’m tempted to switch out for the MYP. My only apprehension with the MYP is, will I need to swap out my tires for all seasons?
Assuming you’re in MD, if you went with a P it would be best that you switch out the tires in the winter. My SA said when there’s any amount of snow or ice here in the Richmond area they completely stop lending out the P model for test drives.

Reactions: GuardianMoon
Assuming you’re in MD, if you went with a P it would be best that you switch out the tires in the winter. My SA said when there’s any amount of snow or ice here in the Richmond area they completely stop lending out the P model for test drives.
Yikes. Actually thinking it over more anyways I don’t think the P will be worthwhile. The MYLR is already quite a performance upgrade for me, so I’m gonna toss some more into the old college fund (and then one day far into the future I’ll hold this over my daughter if she brings home bad grades🤣)

Yikes. Actually thinking it over more anyways I don’t think the P will be worthwhile. The MYLR is already quite a performance upgrade for me, so I’m gonna toss some more into the old college fund (and then one day far into the future I’ll hold this over my daughter if she brings home bad grades🤣)
“Quite a performance upgrade” is an understatement…. my current car goes 0-60 in about 26 seconds 🥴

There was a mention a few pages back about the possibility of Tesla prioritizing orders with their payment set to cash and I'm beginning to wonder if that's true. We order my wife's MY on 5/30, did the financing dance and all that jazz and didn't get a VIN till 8/30, picked up 9/16. I placed an order for my MY on 7/16 and using the experience from my wife's order, I set it to cash upfront.
My EDD has always been 10/15 - 11/4. It changed a couple days ago to 10/6 - 10/26 and today it says 10/1 - 10/20. The window literally starts next week. Honestly, I don't want it that soon. I was hoping for late december early January just to have some time to get used to one first and learn the car. Can't switch both cars to EV and then we're both learning as we go.
I know the EDD is fluid and nothing is set till there's a VIN but it's interesting that the date keeps creeping up and I've seen a lot of folks having the opposite. Makes me wonder if cash set up front does look like a favorable option.
At other times, Tesla has also prioritized ordered financed by a Tesla Preferred Lender, but only when you are near VIN assignment and the financing was about to expire. To prevent a second credit inquiry, they would push those orders up.

View attachment 713176
Tesla implemented a new way to mess with me. Today on my Tesla app I went to scroll from my current Model 3 to my future Model Y and noticed a low battery icon. Hmmm, I thought. The eternal optimist in me got excited and thought my VINless MYLR (EDD of 10/13-11/2 for over 3 weeks) is active with a dangerously low battery and it’s unlocked. ;)

But the pessimistic me just chalked it up to some developer messing with me and is now giving me some other app to look at 100 times a day to see if the battery level changes OR if the Location will suddenly changed to “Fremont” rather than just refreshing my account to see if my EDD changes.

If some other current Tesla owner waiting for a Y can confirm they are seeing the same when they slowly swipe I’d appreciate it.
I see the same thing in my app, currently have a Model 3

Reactions: TatisJr
Just a quick update: I took delivery Monday evening! Overall it seems great though a few things:

1. Seems like something is loose and clanking around while driving. Maybe a control arm? Not sure

2. Misalignment of front driver pillar and quarter panel and small paint chip in same area

3. Hole in fabric of driver mirror cover

4. Driver mirror seems out of focus?

I have a service appt Friday for all these issues, so we will see!

My daughter was SO excited when she saw it, it was so cute

Took delivery a bit ago and have the same misalignment of A pillar and driver side front quarter panel. Also noticed while driving the windshield wiper (passenger arm) did not seat right away. Maybe took 30 seconds before it finally dropped down. Just opened hood and saw a very slight paint scuff on the underside of the hood and a white mark (car is white) on the wiper arm. Seems to me if the panel were aligned properly it would allow the hood to be adjusted to move about 1-2mm thus relieving the contact with the wiper arm.

I have a service appt set for tomorrow to install HomeLink, so I will bring it up then.

I don't think they prioritize based on payment type...I've been set to cash since my 6/6 OD and no VIN. EDD front-end date keeps getting pushed out when I get inside the range...changed to 9/26-9/30 this morning but I'm not holding my breath.
I think I'll second the above. As it happens, the spouse and I have a delivery date set up for this coming Monday. Just got a text from Tesla saying, in effect, "You got your old car? You want to sell it to us? Text us the VIN and we'll see what we can do."
I guess they make profits buying old cars low and selling them high, just like everybody else.

There was a mention a few pages back about the possibility of Tesla prioritizing orders with their payment set to cash and I'm beginning to wonder if that's true. We order my wife's MY on 5/30, did the financing dance and all that jazz and didn't get a VIN till 8/30, picked up 9/16. I placed an order for my MY on 7/16 and using the experience from my wife's order, I set it to cash upfront.
My EDD has always been 10/15 - 11/4. It changed a couple days ago to 10/6 - 10/26 and today it says 10/1 - 10/20. The window literally starts next week. Honestly, I don't want it that soon. I was hoping for late december early January just to have some time to get used to one first and learn the car. Can't switch both cars to EV and then we're both learning as we go.
I know the EDD is fluid and nothing is set till there's a VIN but it's interesting that the date keeps creeping up and I've seen a lot of folks having the opposite. Makes me wonder if cash set up front does look like a favorable option.
tell me about it. We are about to schedule my brother's car, and we are no where ready to have it. No electrician found, no ppf ordered, no accessories ordered. We are screwed!! 🤣

Back aways, on another forum, there was quite a bit of discussion about the performance tires going on M3P's and What Happens To Them When It Gets Cold Out. Answer: Nothing good. The tread is designed to be sticky, the better to go around corners Real Fast. There's some documentation that when it gets to -5F or so tires like that.. crack or something. Supposedly, worse than useless.
All-seasons can handle the cold, albeit snow tires do a better job when it gets freezy.

Okay, admittedly, that is a much better system. Fewer parts. Damn German engineering...
Trust me, they make up for it by over-engineering almost everything else, to the point where even changing the car's battery properly requires a vehicle-specific scan tool! But TPMS they made it easy. And oil changes. That's probably about where the list ends.

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
This is helpful because I had questions about how fast this turnaround could be when all those demo cars were popping up into inventory. We've never financed a car before so we're breaking new ground. Had you set up your DCU account ahead of time?
for us it took a 2 to 4 days possibly. My brother finalized his loan just an hour ago, check being mailed to us to be expected in 24 to 48 hours.

A bit late, but a few pics after taking delivery. Wait was 81 days from order.
IMG_0776.jpeg
1Q6A0475.jpg
1Q6A0486.jpg

My EDD has been the same for a week after it disappeared, 10/04 to 10/24. It continues to have that same 20 days spread so I don't believe that's going to be the true delivery date... I don't know, I keep refreshing every halve an hour...