Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question guys: I just run a quick trade-in quote for my current car with Tesla and actually got a pretty decent value.

I am 3 days away from delivery. Do you think it is too late to add that to the order? I already have the payment set to cash + loan with approved loan and cash ready to go. Just asking here real quick as my SA didn't get back to me yet on that and maybe someone here did something similar, basically a last minute trade-in add-on.
My local SAs said as long as it's not the day of you can add a trade-in.

Does anyone have a simple list to check for when I pickup the car? I’ve read some of them but I really don’t want to go through 4 pages / 50 line items. Maybe just the most impactful things to check for?
Wrote this a couple of pages ago....I think this teslaprep checklist is just what you are looking for.

tonton said:
I was thinking to use this one today teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

But your suggested app looks pretty good. Thanks!
I just did a comparison of this app and the Inspect T app, and then looked at them next to the pdf apps out there (TesBros and J.Q Louise's) the teslaprep list/app (they set it up to go well on your phone) is great! It is really thorough and allows you to make a form (the same as the Inspect T app). I think I may use a combination of the TeslaPrep and Inspect T app.
The Inspect T app allows you to store pictures of any issues you find in the area you find it, so panel gaps on the trunk will be under the trunk section, and it also allows you to describe what is wrong. But it doesn't give any direction (which I think most people are looking for). The PDFs and the Teslap Prep checklist do, and again the Tesla Prep was set up for the phone.

Thanks for linking that, I will not need to carry paper and pen around with me now.

ordered today MYLR, ET is March, anyone have any idea if it'll be a Texas or a 2022 model?
Almost certainly a 2022 model - in past years builds from October on will be the next year's model year. We won't know when Texas will be online until it comes online, but Elon said by end of this year. Drone footage looks promising. But who knows.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Someone asked a question earlier about Model Y production rates; the video below by Rob Maurer (Tesla Daily) covers it right around the 4:45 mark--it's a great podcast worth listening to every day anyhow, especially if you're an investor. Anyway, in Q2 they produced 51,069 Model Ys at Freemont for American sales, so assuming a little growth for Q3 probably just under 20.000 a month maybe 18K or so.

Let’s assume 80% of that is LR which means about 16K MYLR/month. That’s about 300/State. Obviously 5-10 states may only have a tiny demand but still it does seem that demand has far exceeded the supply and unless Texas factory starts kicking in the wait isn’t going to reduce below 2 months!! Explains why we are waiting so long.

hello my VINless friends! not that i'm excited or anything but I pick up my MY IN LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS!

116 days from Order to Delivery!

Enjoy it if you can sleep tonight!

Today was supposed to be my delivery day but instead pushed back 6 days as the car is delayed crossing the country. Keep hoping that I'll get a text saying it somehow arrived quicker than expected...

Someone asked a question earlier about Model Y production rates; the video below by Rob Maurer (Tesla Daily) covers it right around the 4:45 mark--it's a great podcast worth listening to every day anyhow, especially if you're an investor. Anyway, in Q2 they produced 51,069 Model Ys at Freemont for American sales, so assuming a little growth for Q3 probably just under 20.000 a month maybe 18K or so.

Pretty neat! Turns out my WAG of 15k to 30k wasn’t that far off!

Let’s assume 80% of that is LR which means about 16K MYLR/month. That’s about 300/State. Obviously 5-10 states may only have a tiny demand but still it does seem that demand has far exceeded the supply and unless Texas factory starts kicking in the wait isn’t going to reduce below 2 months!! Explains why we are waiting so long.
I don’t think it’s a going to be an even peanut butter spread of 300 Model Y per state. Close to 40% will stay in CA, while some states like Mississippi or ND will get less than 0.1%

Check out this new EV registrations breakdown by state: Current EV registrations in the US: How does your state stack up?

Reactions: DZMY