Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it happened! I have my new model Y in my possession! The process was easy, smooth and I was driving out 45 minutes after I walked in.

I was greeted by one person who helped me sign in with the QR code. We located my car together and then I was handed off to a young woman who help me complete the delivery process. She was very excited for me… and also for herself! She ordered an MY 2 weeks ago and is looking at a March delivery.

I did a couple of walk arounds, checked all the doors and gaps, tested all of the electric usb outlets, messed with the seats, tested the climate control system, played music, and tested the lights. The cameras worked and I tested sentry mode.

We synced my phone and the card keys and we made sure the walk away lock worked. She stayed away with my phone and I tested that the card key worked to get in the car and start it.

I had to sign my name a few times, give them my bank check + a credit card (I changed my registration from transferring from my ICE car to a new registration so I owed a few more dollars).

The car had 88% charge and 7 miles on it. I wanted to test the supercharger and my delivery rep said that I couldn’t right there but she told me they used a supercharger to pump it up.

one weird thing: when I was in the trunk, I used the switches to put the seats down. When I pushed the seats back up, there was a plastic fastener on the backseat but I could not tell where it came from. I showed it to the delivery rep and she took it inside to the technician who set up my car. He told her a fastener had fallen out of his pocket and he couldn’t find it and was glad that she gave it to him because now he knew where it was.
Looks great!!! That's my build, so in three months (I hope), I should have one that looks just like it!!

Reactions: meshbiz
Cross-posting. After 114 days after my OD, my VIN finally arrived this afternoon. VIN275. EDD 9/27-9/30

Cross-posting also..

YA'LLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

JUST when I thought I was convinced VINS weren't assigned mid-day...

my stars FINALLY ALIGNED!!!!!!! Sooooo effin excited!!!

I did what must've been my 50th refresh today.. convinced I was going to see the same "Tesla Model Y" on my dashboard.. but lo and behold... it had 2021 with this refresh!!! No email notification. Now if only they can let me pick up or take delivery before I leave for Disneyland on Sunday! Thanks to everyone who sent the good VIN vibes my way!

VIN: 277xxx

EDD changed from 9/26-9/30 to 9/24-9/29

*sigh of relief*
LET'S GOOOOOOO

I keep seeing notes stating “I spoke with my SA” or “I emailed/texted my SA”.

Question: how do you get a SA (Sales Adviser?)?

I live in Wisconsin where Tesla is not allowed to sell, so I ordered online. Tesla does have a test drive facility here, and I did have a test drive, but there seems to be a disconnect between me ordering and the people working there. In fact, weeks after I ordered someone from Tesla texted me telling me I should place an order soon because Tesla was due for another price increase soon and deliveries were into January. I’ve texted that number back, but no one responds.
I also live in Wisconsin. I set up my test drive in Highland Park, Illinois. Placed order online but work with a SA at Highland Park.

Rear hatch has uneven left and right gaps. Is it worth raising a service ticket to get it aligned (wondering if they can even fix it) or this is commonplace. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 9ADE99D6-C631-4FEF-8782-FD16C02851B5.jpeg
    9ADE99D6-C631-4FEF-8782-FD16C02851B5.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 76
  • 1A5DAD61-2C8B-471F-9D7C-2365368D504B.jpeg
    1A5DAD61-2C8B-471F-9D7C-2365368D504B.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 51
  • A2422EC2-36D1-489B-AB4E-7BC49CBE9090.jpeg
    A2422EC2-36D1-489B-AB4E-7BC49CBE9090.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 54
  • D5D76BE6-9F1C-4E4F-A722-23938972667E.jpeg
    D5D76BE6-9F1C-4E4F-A722-23938972667E.jpeg