Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends, my delivery is moved up 24 hours to tomorrow (9/29)! It’s a home delivery due to end of quarter massive numbers of deliveries and not enough space at the Carlsbad Tesla location. Photos to follow!

Everyone needs to prepare for their big day, as well. Watching YouTube videos and stocking up on accessories helped me make it through the crazy long waiting time. This forum has been a fantastic support group for me, too!

Don’t forget a particularly pernicious post-delivery disorder: PPF (Paint Perfection Fanaticism) which can result in excessive car washing, examining the car in the middle of the night with a jewelers loupe, and high-priced cleaners, coatings, and films. 😵‍💫
Tell me about it!!! My brother got a hold of a micro fiber towel from my stack and has been scrubbing different areas of the car...... 🤦‍♀️

I am a bit skeptical about this.

March30k (161 - 131)
April22k (183 - 161)
May9k ( 192-183)
June37k (229-192)
July11k (240-229)
August24k (264-240)
September(9/28)19k (283-264)

September so far, not even 20k ( 283-264) even if they build 5k in next 2 days, it will just match August numbers.

Overall, Tesla may do well in Q3 considering Shangai taking care of EU demand, but clearly the production did not ramp up in Fremont. Austin could help to some extent but there is huge demand and no one escaping the semiconductor shortage.
Your OD is June 24 and EDD 20-October!! Hopefully you get it soon. Where do you get these numbers from? (283-264) 19K?
is 283 the outstanding order at beginning of month? 19k is obviously low. I always assumed it would be in the 25-30K range now but maybe the chip shortage is killing the volumes??

Reactions: chand
Your OD is June 24 and EDD 20-October!! Hopefully you get it soon. Where do you get these numbers from? (283-264) 19K?
is 283 the outstanding order at beginning of month? 19k is obviously low. I always assumed it would be in the 25-30K range now but maybe the chip shortage is killing the volumes??
These are the VIN series, last and first in a month, from the sheet on the forum.

Reactions: PatrickTM
What prevents from Tesla selling in these states?
In some states the traditional car dealer lobbies are quite influential and have ensured that laws get on the books that prevent manufacturers from selling directly to consumers. Some states changed this after being challenged by Tesla, but I guess Wisconsin hasn’t.

Last edited:
I booked a MYLR last week with the upgraded wheels. Website said delivery estimate of April 2022. Do i need to fill out the credit application now itself or can I wait till closer to delivery timeline. Just wondering if I have to complete it to get a firm delivery estimate.

I booked a MYLR last week with the upgraded wheels. Website said delivery estimate of April 2022. Do i need to fill out the credit application now itself or can I wait till closer to delivery timeline. Just wondering if I have to complete it to get a firm delivery estimate.

Best bet is to select cash for now and then complete credit application once you get your VIN and/or your EDD gets very near. Otherwise your application will likely expire before you actually get close to delivery, and you'd have to submit again (with another credit hit).

That’s great update!!! So maybe just maybe July ODs could start moving to being vined in October (fingers crossed)
1st time poster. Have learned so much from this thread so thanks to all. Very excited to hear discussion of July ODs and October VINs. I ordered my MYLR5 on 7/16 and my EDD of 10/8-10/28 has not changed since 8/30. Can't wait for delivery.

EDD finally pushed forward today after about a month, from 11/9-11/29 to 10/27-11/16. This is getting more aligned with the originally projected October EDD when I ordered. I’m completely fine with this!
Mine inched forward too, after several weeks at 12/5-12/25. Not getting my hopes up, but I prefer this direction to the other one :)

I am a bit skeptical about this.

March30k (161 - 131)
April22k (183 - 161)
May9k ( 192-183)
June37k (229-192)
July11k (240-229)
August24k (264-240)
September(9/28)19k (283-264)

September so far, not even 20k ( 283-264) even if they build 5k in next 2 days, it will just match August numbers.

Overall, Tesla may do well in Q3 considering Shangai taking care of EU demand, but clearly the production did not ramp up in Fremont. Austin could help to some extent but there is huge demand and no one escaping the semiconductor shortage.
Someone posted a 287 VIN a few days ago I believe for september. I'm guessing they didn't update the sheet.

Just to follow up with what @tino2021 said, until you complete that section your profile is not complete, and your order is not confirmed / in the queue. Selecting cash for now is solid advice. Similarly, I'd hold off on listing any trade-in - even if you plan to do one - until closer to time.

Last edited: