Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question 🙋‍♂ To whose who have done this; if my delivery date comes and I’m unable to pick it up on the Date they gave me, what happens? Do I get pushed back to the end?
Are you available within a day or two of your assigned date? If so, they may be willing to hold the car for you. YMMV but in that case, I’d try stopping by your delivery center and speaking with someone in person.

If not, do you have someone you trust that you could give a Power of Attorney and they could take delivery on your behalf?

Reactions: PatrickTM
EDD shrinked!

Once again, but that's all right, I am all excited, again.

OLD: 10/3-10/23
NEW: 10/5-10/22.

17 day window.
We got our VIN shortly after our EDD window started shrinking!! Hopefully the same for you, especially given that it takes ~2 weeks to transport to Texas 🤞🏻😃

It happened today! I got an email about an hour before scheduled pickup saying it was ready. I logged in to the app and was able to see controls, climate, location etc although I couldn't action anything. It made me giddy so I made my way toward it immediately!

Pickup was completely contactless. And when I say contactless, I mean I did not speak to a single Tesla employee. This did mean however that I had to pay and accept delivery before being able to unlock the car and check the inside. I was comfortable with this after spending 30 minutes inspecting the exterior and being happy with it.

Although the website still says to bring your license and insurance, it wasn't required. It also says you'll use the Tesla app on the day but what wasn't clear in the instructions was that you need to accept the delivery on the website, then restart the app before it will let you control.

I used the Tesla Prep webapp to guide me through inspection and testing and took well over an hour in total. I had one very minor paint chip and a couple of small panel issues but overall nothing to be concerned about or to reject delivery over. The inside in particular was very clean with no splodges etc.

It was only charged to 55% but the superchargers were full and it was plenty for me anyway so got out on the road and had a blast! 😎

I subscribed to FSD purely for the curiosity for the month and everything was calibrated very quickly. To my surprise I was able to continue using once onto the city roads although it didn't appear to be able to make any turns. Not sure if this was some glitch as didn't think cities were available yet. Will post on the relevant forum about this though.

Overall super happy and already coming up with excuses of why I need to drive tomorrow 😄
My exact spec 😍

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Tesla club. Placed my order for a Model Y last Wednesday after about 8 years of obsessing over Tesla. Saying I am excited would be an understatement. EDD when I ordered said March 2022, but that has disappeared from my account for the past 6 days, currently doesn't have an EDD. Hoping it's not too long of a wait, but will rely on all of you sharing your delivery stories to keep me patiently excited :)

I decided on the Midnight Silver Metallic which I really like. But have had creeping thoughts that I may like the Blue better. Will probably not change anything at this point just so as to not rock the boat on delivery dates though.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Tesla club. Placed my order for a Model Y last Wednesday after about 8 years of obsessing over Tesla. Saying I am excited would be an understatement. EDD when I ordered said March 2022, but that has disappeared from my account for the past 6 days, currently doesn't have an EDD. Hoping it's not too long of a wait, but will rely on all of you sharing your delivery stories to keep me patiently excited :)

I decided on the Midnight Silver Metallic which I really like. But have had creeping thoughts that I may like the Blue better. Will probably not change anything at this point just so as to not rock the boat on delivery dates though.
Welcome to the Nebulous EDD Support group!

Welcome! It'll be a long wait for sure. Hopefully it's a conservative estimate. You can always keep an eye on Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners for inventory to order.

Welcome! It'll be a long wait for sure. Hopefully it's a conservative estimate. You can always keep an eye on Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners for inventory to order.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! I'm ok with the 6 month wait as it gives me plenty of time to get my finances in order (this is a biiiig purchase for me and I plan to put a large down payment on it). I just hope it's not too much longer than 6 months.

Any word on if March deliveries are expected to be coming out of Giga Texas? Might they have the new battery pack and/or longer range than the current MYs?

Good morning folks!

Today is the delivery day, as of now home delivery scheduled between 4pm-8pm. I'm excited. Already scheduled for full front plus PPF this coming Tuesday and that's gonna take 2 days (omg that's gonna feel soooo long!). Still have yet to research what is the best way to clean the car. With California not getting any rain, the only cleanup I foresee mostly from dust and occasional ashes from the wildfires...

Anyway...is it 4pm yet??

Good morning folks!

Today is the delivery day, as of now home delivery scheduled between 4pm-8pm. I'm excited. Already scheduled for full front plus PPF this coming Tuesday and that's gonna take 2 days (omg that's gonna feel soooo long!). Still have yet to research what is the best way to clean the car. With California not getting any rain, the only cleanup I foresee mostly from dust and occasional ashes from the wildfires...

Anyway...is it 4pm yet??
If I were in your shoes I'd be staring out my front door longly. I'm excited for you!

Attachments

• 1633019422955.jpeg
    1633019422955.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out! I'm ok with the 6 month wait as it gives me plenty of time to get my finances in order (this is a biiiig purchase for me and I plan to put a large down payment on it). I just hope it's not too much longer than 6 months.

Any word on if March deliveries are expected to be coming out of Giga Texas? Might they have the new battery pack and/or longer range than the current MYs?
No easy answer. Austin is probable although it's been a bit since we've heard updates on the pre-production progress. The new battery or longer range model is certainly less likely and there are more variables and directions Tesla might go with the transition. There's an investors call next week I think (7 Oct?) that might provide some progress reports.

I think all the colors are beautiful! I was torn between the gray and the red. Since I had a gray car, I went with the red, even though I am scared, as I don't want a lot of eyes on me, but hey, I am paying for it, and I want my choice lol. My brother just got a blue M3, and man I will tell you, it looks stunning! The color changes with the time of day and the light reflecting on it. You can see a glimpse in my pfp. Once in the garage, under my "fancy" yet cheap light, it looked a shade of purple, but that may just be me. At other times, while driving behind it, when bringing it from the SC, it could almost pass as black. All in all, a good color.

Same can be said for the MSM, looks silver at times, to gray to black. You will love either or. 😊

Good morning folks!

Anyway...is it 4pm yet??
I have planned to do the ppf on both cars. Let's see if I survive it lol.

Reactions: adiemac
I have planned to do the ppf on both cars. Let's see if I survive it lol.
Feels like I'm a minority, not planning to do any ceramic/ PPF paint protection to my MY... I've had much more expensive BMW's in the past and while I did experience the usual paint chips, it's all normal in my book especially because this isn't a 6 figure collector car. I don't see a point to do this if realistically I'll be trading it in 3-5 years later.