Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get the reticence about using DCU and the urge to rate match with Tesla or a different bank? What's the hangup sticking with DCU to finance your car?
I’m not personally familiar with the process, but it sounds like DCU requires a bunch of hoops to get that ultra-low rate (required direct deposit, etc). Maybe that’s why so many want rate match? For us, 2.49% through Tesla is plenty low and we plan to pay the car off early anyway, so it’s not worth the hassle of refinancing

I’m not personally familiar with the process, but it sounds like DCU requires a bunch of hoops to get that ultra-low rate (required direct deposit, etc). Maybe that’s why so many want rate match? For us, 2.49% through Tesla is plenty low and we plan to pay the car off early anyway, so it’s not worth the hassle of refinancing
Exactly ☝️

They knock off half a percentage with direct deposit, and 0.25 due to an EV purchase. Iirc. Can't remember if there was more. I have yet to apply for my MY loan.

@collaGOunltd and I went for a Sunday Cruise today over the Grand Mesa in Colorado to see the fall colors! We got some great battery regen on the way back down from 12,000’ elevation!
B06C3D00-0CFC-4445-B876-A7CE33133742.jpeg
F081DC26-B9B1-4D4A-AA0A-50BC113C3EE4.jpeg

1000 miles in two weeks. We are just starting to get to know one another. 1000 miles cost $24 in electricity and I’m charged at 80% right now. Not bad at all!! Checking back in here on my friends. Hope everyone is well!

Attachments

• 9CB1B5EE-D8CE-4F9B-843C-899D39822ECB.png
    9CB1B5EE-D8CE-4F9B-843C-899D39822ECB.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 512A32AD-D29F-4CB6-8278-0107473AAD77.jpeg
    512A32AD-D29F-4CB6-8278-0107473AAD77.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 45
Seems like a lot of people have seen at least some change in EDD, yet here I still sit, day 35 at 10/13-11/2. Anyone else been stuck since 8/30? I mean at least it hasn’t moved out….yet. ;)

Inner peace
Yes. I’ve been consistently at the same edd since late August. I’m pretty fine with that. I placed my order with the intention of taking delivery right around the end of the year. My order date placed me in November, hoping for December.

Last edited:
Ugh, sounds like a PitA, sorry you have to deal with that. Unfortunately, this type of lax customer service is everywhere - we bought a XC90 a few years ago that would shut itself down and lock you in due to a malfunctioning proximity sensor. Literally locked my 2 year old kid in at one point, even the emergency key didn't work. Had to smash a window to get him out. Happened 3 distinct times and Volvo hemmed and haw'd for weeks until I threatened legal action with corporate. They finally agreed to swap out the car (3+ months long process), and then it turned out the new model had a faulty something-or-other from the factory that was causing these issues. The stealership didn't know about it and didn't want care to investigate or listen. I hope you get your issues resolved in speedy fashion @te$laWhy.
This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Obviously we worry about our own safety, but when kids come into the equation....

Reactions: PatrickTM
DCU offers rate as low as 1.24% for 65 months... Tesla finance rate match (or matched) to 1.24% for 72 months...

Reactions: collaGOunltd
I don't get the reticence about using DCU and the urge to rate match with Tesla or a different bank? What's the hangup sticking with DCU to finance your car?
Everyone has their reason but if I do a rate match, it will be because I like my local CU that I’ve banked with for almost 20 years, have direct deposit setup with them already, easier to walk in if I need to rather than have to switch direct deposit and wait on hold for about 2 hrs like people have been posting. Only thing is my local CU doesn’t have rates as low as DCU but since they will match, then best of both worlds.
If I didn’t have a preferred bank, I have no issues sticking with DCU.

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Obviously we worry about our own safety, but when kids come into the equation....
Exactly; since that was going to be our “kid transporter” and primarily driven by my wife (and I traveled out of town quite a bit for work before the pandemic), having it randomly malfunction/shut down in the middle of driving was way past our comfort zone.
Also, first day of current EDD range almost over, no VIN yet!

Reactions: collaGOunltd