Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet with winter tires, the car will do great! Also, you may already know this, but there is a way to manually open the charge port from the rear cargo area in the event that it freezes shut. My BIL had that happen on his Model 3 in Silverthorne a few years ago!
Good to know that!! My coworkers, I end up driving to lunches, weren't too excited about the flushed handles and winters. They didn't even make it to the discussion of the charging port.....
Any workaround for that? Or scrape and then try to push?

Actually a de-icer might be good, but in cases where you are parked out, and don't have access to things that make it easy....what to do?

Reactions: PatrickTM
If you're seeing this in the paperwork, that's just the default number that gets put in. It'll probably have less when you pick it up. When we got the paperwork for our custom ordered GLB250, it said 15 miles on the paperwork, but when we picked it up there were only 4 miles on it.
@No_ICE
I didn't pay attention to the actual mileage, but my brother's M3, as far as paperwork is concerned, did show 15 miles also.

Maybe a legal liability thing for dealerships to do so, like claim they test drove the car prior to handing it to the customer? Not sure.

Everyone's doc shows 15 miles. My M3 ended up only having 2 miles when I picked it up. It's not a bad thing for new cars to have some miles however. It shouldn't ever just show 0. You want to see something to show it was test driven at the factory to confirm it works correctly before being loaded onto a transport.
Exactly ☝️ is what I was trying to say.

Replied before reading your comment 😊

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Do not say this, do not share this, do not believe this. (Pretty please.) Tesla has changed batteries a ton over the years, and changes software more often than people change their bed sheets. There is not a known buffer, or a known exact amount of buffer below zero. Some of the most experienced Tesla owners/chargers have been towed with 4 miles of rated range left on the screen. These are folks that have many years, hundreds of supercharger locations across all seasons, terrains and driving conditions under their belts.

And even if one vehicle at one moment in time does have that kind of buffer, it can change across vehicles, software updates, or age so it's a huge mistake to assume there is a buffer.

New and soon-to-be owners, try your best to never get below 10 miles, especially if you're somewhere away from home. Make it 20 if it's cold out.
Sorry this is where getting in the weeds is not helpful for new owners. To be clear, I’ve only ever been down to 7mi. And don’t recommend relying on anything below 0%.

I was simply trying to demonstrate my point that I don’t ever worry about range. There is always “some” buffer below 0 just like with any ICE car but it’s irresponsible to plan on it. Anyways, sorry for any confusion

First time ever I'm within 1 day of my EDD - no VIN so I assume that will start to get pushed by some amount. I'm a little surprised it hasn't already been pushed given I have no VIN, but fun to be almost within reach (allegedly)
I've been on the first day of my EDD range 3x times, every time it has been adjusted the next day to a later EDD range.

When I received my VIN, I got a delivery notice before I was in my EDD range, so my anecdotal experience tells me that if you get within your EDD range w/o getting a VIN, expect it to be adjusted, delayed or EDD shortened to less than 20 days. Good luck!

Reactions: PatrickTM and Thawk
I've been on the first day of my EDD range 3x times, every time it has been adjusted the next day to a later EDD range.

When I received my VIN, I got a delivery notice before I was in my EDD range, so my anecdotal experience tells me that if you get within your EDD range w/o getting a VIN, expect it to be adjusted, delayed or EDD shortened to less than 20 days. Good luck!
I hate to agree with you on this, even the shortest EDDs do not matter with no VIN.

Reactions: PNWLeccy and Ayaz
Good to know that!! My coworkers, I end up driving to lunches, weren't too excited about the flushed handles and winters. They didn't even make it to the discussion of the charging port.....
Any workaround for that? Or scrape and then try to push?

Actually a de-icer might be good, but in cases where you are parked out, and don't have access to things that make it easy....what to do?
I haven’t tried it yet, but I wonder if preconditioning the car to warm it up would help with the handles? I’m not real excited about using an ice scraper on the paint 😱

Thank you! It's in my sig, but it's a MYLR5, white on white, with 20" wheels, FSD, and no tow
Interesting. It doesn't show me there for reason
Looks like you are on your phone, you will need to tilt it to landscape mode to see the signature. ( reducing the font size works too but well..

I hate to agree with you on this, even the shortest EDDs do not matter with no VIN.
Agreed. Was in 6 days range and they pushed out entire month. That's why i am anxious about my EDD starting tomorrow since There's no vin. My SA told me last Friday that my car was supposed to be shipped today. I am sure that's no longer happening with no VIN being assigned.