Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right there with you on how it used to update daily. But my EDD hasn’t updated since 8/30. Must be a rock solid estimate that will result in getting my car next Wednesday. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Listen, I certainly hope so. It's enough with the wait 😆. When I placed the order, my estimate was September, I didn't think I was patient enough for September lol, I was so young and naïve then.

Last edited:
No EDD updates since 9/28, still sitting at 10/7-10-22. It's funny that from the day I placed my order back in June, the EDD literally changed every day until about late August. Since late August it's changed once. What a whirlwind this has been, and not necessarily pleasant. I really hope all of this is worth it. I will assume that there will be some sort of EDD change tomorrow since it's the 7th and the first date of EDD range window.
Very good chance you get it tomorrow. You have same order date as I do. I got mine yesterday. It was my first day of EDD. I am guessing yours coming soon.

Also, might be a stupid question, but will my app show a vin in the place of the RN when a vin is assigned or not until I take delivery of the car and get app access?
IMG_6409B2E8BCD1-1.jpeg

Folks who already own Teslas: How long does the dopamine rush last after getting the Tesla? Weeks? Months? My life is now centered around getting the next dopamine source. Eating is one for sure. Buying gadgets certainly other. Going for iphone 13 pro max. Generally I get a great feeling for few days with that and then it fades. I may have to eventually shift to meditation and self search to get the continuous bliss I seek. Everything else so far hasn’t stood the rest of time though they are the ones that control my life goals haha lol what a pitiful way to live
Just the life of a regular, normal human. He he

Article on Tax Credits hope this is correct and it passes. In there it says:

“This cap is eliminated retroactively for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (Chairman's Mark, p. 30). This means that any cars sold by GM and Tesla after May 24, 2021 will be eligible for up to a $7,500 tax credit. In sum: the 200,000 cap removal would be retroactive and applied to Tesla cars bought after May 24, 2021. A $7,500 tax credit would apply to 2021 taxes that are filed in 2022, so buyers would receive the credit when they file taxes in 2022.”

Would mean we all get to claim the $7500 for cars bought this year. Would miss out on any made in America cars and battery incentives though, which I’m completely ok with. So, now where is my VIN??

Folks who already own Teslas: How long does the dopamine rush last after getting the Tesla? Weeks? Months? My life is now centered around getting the next dopamine source. Eating is one for sure. Buying gadgets certainly other. Going for iphone 13 pro max. Generally I get a great feeling for few days with that and then it fades. I may have to eventually shift to meditation and self search to get the continuous bliss I seek. Everything else so far hasn’t stood the rest of time though they are the ones that control my life goals haha lol what a pitiful way to live
Having had my X for 2+ years, I still love driving it whenever possible. It's like nothing I'd ever driven before.

I'll hit the "go" pedal from a red light to zoom away leaving the guy behind me in the dust, only to naturally miss the next light so the guy pulls back up behind me, probably thinking I'm some lunatic... But I don't care! It's that awesome!

If we run out of milk, I'm halfway to the store before the container is in the recycle bin. Dropping my kids off to soccer practice? Sure, I'll pick up some of their teammates too! Does the dog need a walk? I'll drive down the street holding his leash out the door. (ok I made that one up but you get my point)

And the best part? The cars keep getting better! When I took delivery, there was no sentry mode, no dash cam, no theater apps. All that stuff gets added on the fly. I think my 0-60 time even went from 2.7 to 2.6 because of a firmware update. It constantly becomes a "new" car with successive updates.

I can't speak specifically to the MY, but from what I'm told by neighbors who have them, it's the same feeling that I have. Everyone here who is a first time Tesla owner is going to be amazed once you get it.