Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_4979.PNG
    IMG_4979.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 83
The price increases aren't surprising I guess. Supply is hard to come by and demand is through the roof. Econ 101 says they should raise prices to hit equilibrium. The good news is that Tesla is so agile, they can drop prices in an instant if they want to - if, say, sourcing parts gets easier/cheaper in the future, production capacity goes up from new factories, or demand goes down.
Part of me hopes the prices don't go back down any time soon, because I'll be tempted to modify my order to get the new price and have to wait longer... assuming that's how it works?

Reactions: BTVev and PatrickTM
Part of me hopes the prices don't go back down any time soon, because I'll be tempted to modify my order to get the new price and have to wait longer... assuming that's how it works?
My SA basically explained it as you pay the lowest price between when you locked in your price and the current sale price at the time of delivery. So I don't think you'd have to modify/wait longer.

I

Is yours a 7 seater option for Model Y? I think they're working through the Jul/Aug months, so hopefully come around to Sep orders
Nope, 5 seat. EDD still hanging fully in November.
Tesla has gotten some grief for price decreases in the past and don't quote me but I think if you're still waiting they'll honor the lower price. @Viv1984 seems to have the same thought.

But I don't expect them to come down any time soon. Especially since they're basically "sold out" for months.

Those getting VINs assigned should reach out to their SA to get the Mfr. date. We are likely seeing leftover Q3 VINs being delivered.

Last year, Q4 cars starting with a 10/5 MFR date changed over to a new model year. These VINs produced 10/5 wouldn’t be assigned and/or delivered until 1-2 weeks(?) after produced so expect some lag until we likely see 22’ VINs start appearing.

That’s my guess based on the last couple of years.

Not only did they honor the full $42.6k that they offered online, the in person appraisal extended the validity of the offer another week. When I go back I just need to fill out all the paperwork and be done! So that’s one less week to worrying about sharing a car with family or renting! 🎊
Hoping for some positive EDD updates when this EOQ push is done 🤞🏽
Update: I couldn’t sell today because apparently Toyota hasn’t sent me the right lien release documents 🤦🏻‍♂️ Today was the last day that $42.6k offer was valid and I’m pretty sure their algorithms will correct it down by the time Toyota gets its act together 😭 In the mean time, Tesla’s offer has gone up to $35k, so if CarMax doesn’t stick with an offer over $40k it won’t be worthwhile given the sales tax savings trading in would give and the potentially indefinite costs of renting a car in the mean time.

Anyways, this is my face for the day: 😫

No EDD updates since 9/28, still sitting at 10/7-10-22. It's funny that from the day I placed my order back in June, the EDD literally changed every day until about late August. Since late August it's changed once. What a whirlwind this has been, and not necessarily pleasant. I really hope all of this is worth it. I will assume that there will be some sort of EDD change tomorrow since it's the 7th and the first date of EDD range window.

Reactions: chand and DrRamen
No EDD updates since 9/28, still sitting at 10/7-10-22. It's funny that from the day I placed my order back in June, the EDD literally changed every day until about late August. Since late August it's changed once. What a whirlwind this has been, and not necessarily pleasant. I really hope all of this is worth it. I will assume that there will be some sort of EDD change tomorrow since it's the 7th and the first date of EDD range window.
Right there with you on how it used to update daily. But my EDD hasn’t updated since 8/30. Must be a rock solid estimate that will result in getting my car next Wednesday. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.