Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I read the whole saga. That said, there were several very similar issues documented on the forums that were solved by a 4 wheel alignment. I'm not sure why a severely out-of-alignment vehicle would cause all of those alerts and problems - maybe there are safety checks that go red if it detects sensors reading where they shouldn't - but apparently it can (wish I had a link handy). Anyway, I still have to wonder why cars ship from the factory with obvious problems. So many cases of it.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Folks who already own Teslas: How long does the dopamine rush last after getting the Tesla? Weeks? Months?
Nearly four years since I drove my Model S home. Now slightly over 60k miles. Just over three years for my wife’s Model 3 stealth Performance. The thrill is still there whenever the car starts moving.

It helps to have a “no regrets” configuration. When I got the S in 2017, a lot of features were optional. First ordered a low-cost mix.

Then considered the cost, the long time we would drive it and how I would feel when I got behind the wheel. Found an appropriate inventory car and rolled the order deposit into that one. Never regretted that decision.

Last edited:
Update: I couldn’t sell today because apparently Toyota hasn’t sent me the right lien release documents 🤦🏻‍♂️ Today was the last day that $42.6k offer was valid and I’m pretty sure their algorithms will correct it down by the time Toyota gets its act together 😭 In the mean time, Tesla’s offer has gone up to $35k, so if CarMax doesn’t stick with an offer over $40k it won’t be worthwhile given the sales tax savings trading in would give and the potentially indefinite costs of renting a car in the mean time.

Anyways, this is my face for the day: 😫
*phew* redid the CarMax online offer today and it only dropped to $42.4K!! And I should be able to make the offer valid for another 2 weeks, by which time hopefully my MYLR is either here or I have a VIN 🤞🏽

I finally got a new EDD today... November 10 - December 8th. That's a little different that the generic "March" message I received earlier. I guess I need to get going on getting a charger installed!
Nice! People reporting that this quarter Tesla is not bouncing EDDs on a daily basis. I think the initial EDD is reasonably reliable, may slip a week here and there. You'll probably get it just before Christmas to finish off the year strong!

Reactions: BTVev
Has anyone actually found out the VIN before it's posted by inspecting the page source? I'm wondering how far in advance you can see it that way.
I used to do it frequently - never had luck - got my VIN and when i checked the page source it was there (never before and I had checked a day before i got the VIN) - so its a hit or miss IMO.

Reactions: PatrickTM and dwh13