Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed this morning and it seems to jive with a conversation I had with a Tesla employee on Saturday when I popped into their store in Tyson’s Corner Center (a mall here in N VA). I explained to the gentleman that my BMW lease ends in late Dec and I was mildly concerned with my MYP EDD of 11/01 - 11/21 and the potential for it to get pushed. He looked up my order and said the good news is that there is a “_ _ _ # and date” (I couldn’t quite hear the acronym he used) attached my order now, which represents the date (Nov 13th) they expect my car to arrive at their destination here in N Virginia. He said barring any unexpected setbacks that I would take delivery soon thereafter. He said he wouldn’t sweat it unless we get to the last week of Nov and i still have not received any updates. This morning my EDD changed from 11/01 - 11/21 to 11/13-12/11. That seems to correlate with his comment about my car arriving locally on 11/13. So, my expectation (read HOPE) is that as we get closer to 11/13 my window will start to shrink while maintaining 11/13 as the earliest date and I’ll ultimately receive my car the week of 11/15.

Recap of my sequence:
Model Y Performance - black w/white interior - no tow (regrettably) - no FSD
09/18 OD (at time of order it said “November” delivery)
09/20 EDD changed to 10/10-10/30
09/30 EDD changed to 11/01-11/21
10/11 EDD changed to 11/13-12/11
Model Y Performance? ‘Nuff said, you’ve got nothing to worry about. You’ll definitely take delivery in November or earlier.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I work at a bank, and banks usually require a minimum of $500 in direct deposit, for promos and such. Free accounts are really free this way. They need to have you either bring in money, via direct deposit, or use your card an x amount of times etc etc.
Could be lower but that's the general figure I have seen at other banks as well.

I can split my deposit into many institutions, so not a hassle for me, since it is not that difficult to move funds around.
Zelle, ACH transfers, QuickPay etc.
@cloudyjai ☝️

@josh62294 You could still go through them, as I am sure it will still be lower, even without the DD. In comparison to the ones you have shopped so far.
@PatrickTM had shared of another FI that offers low rates, out in Maryland I think?
@josh62294
It’s St Anne’s CU out here Massachusetts. I got the intel from another member here. 0.99% for 60 months. Rates | St. Anne's Credit Union

LOL -- really? Aren't you the party pooper? Like to compare the size of VINs, do you? FYI, my VIN is higher than any in the delivery Wiki. Did it even occur to you that your car may not been manufactured yet? LOL!

Thanks. I have a MVPA with my name on it.
What are you talking about? I have been very clear with my situation as I am one of(If not the longest) profile complete dates in this thread. I am just stating facts. My VIN is in fact complete and waiting to be put on a truck. The car was already pinged and its already on my insurance to take effect on the 25th. I am just being brutally honest here. If its a 280 vin and you live in California it is likely what I mentioned. Very likely in fact. Which isnt a bad thing. They messaged me 4 different times of people canceling their order while the car was enroute. It just did not match my build so I passed. When I got my vin my car was complete.
I want to also mention. Imagine using a spread sheet of 1200 entries(With no verification) when there are well over 285k model Ys.
LOL*

While we wait any recommendations on:
1- Screen protectors
2- Floor mat
3- Seat covers
Just wanted to order and be ready
I went with the Tesmanian floor mats.

Also went to buy the NEMA 14-50 adapter and saw they’re sold out 😬 For the most part I don’t drive more than 30 miles a day so I should be okay for now on the standard plug and can make an excuse to hit up a super charger if I really need to.

What are you talking about? I have been very clear with my situation as I am one of(If not the longest) profile complete dates in this thread. I am just stating facts. My VIN is in fact complete and waiting to be put on a truck. The car was already pinged and its already on my insurance to take effect on the 25th. I am just being brutally honest here. If its a 280 vin and you live in California it is likely what I mentioned. Very likely in fact. Which isnt a bad thing. They messaged me 4 different times of people canceling their order while the car was enroute. It just did not match my build so I passed. When I got my vin my car was complete.
I want to also mention. Imagine using a spread sheet of 1200 entries(With no verification) when there are well over 285k model Ys.
LOL*
Do the math. 241,000 VINs in Q3, the last 90 days, = 2678 cars per day. The difference between your VIN and mine equals less than 3 days worth of manufacturing. So your VIN is virtually no fresher than mine. What do you really know about how Tesla assigns VINs anyway? You sound like such an expert.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Sandor
Do the math. 241,000 VINs in Q3, the last 90 days, = 2678 cars per day. The difference between your VIN and mine equals less than 3 days worth of manufacturing. So your VIN is virtually no more than a few days fresher than mine. What do you really know about how Tesla assigns VINs anyway? You sound like such an expert.
You might want to re-check your math. Tesla didn't manufacture 241,000 Model Y's in Q3 in the US.

Reactions: josh62294
C.

The is my plan but I'm going to wait on the screen protector for matte vs clear. No seat covers except some form of protection for my dog to sit on when she's buckled up in the back seat. Did you use a promo code for the Tesla Shields?
The screen protector I mentioned is a matte finish (the “tempered glass” part might be a bit misleading). No seat covers for me either, just gonna get them ceramic coated. Well, also maybe a seat protector under my son’s car seat but that’s about it. And yes, Tesla Shields applied a promo code automatically for 25% off when I ordered about a month ago. But I think they’ve since reduced the prices on their mats though, so they still seem fairly priced for the quality.

Hopefully! If not, I hypothesize that for each color batch the first chunk us 5 seaters then they finish with the 7 seaters.

He found St Anne's Credit Union out of Massachusetts. As low as 0.99%. I'm going to explore them because my parents live right near them..they might know about them. I don't think anyone here has gone through them yet.
Please let us know what you find out.