Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh we did not have to, our house is built by Meritage Homes, by default they install insulated ( foam boards) garage doors, at-least in this part, well at the time, they were marketing fancy energy efficient features, one of the reasons we chose them but I have seen many others do this.
Awesome ... wish our builders did it for our place :)

Today, EDD went from Dec to Jan-Feb. I was going to anyway defer once to get delivery in Jan (for potential tax break) but Feb is too much! Any updates on potential tax break ($7500) and Austin Giga?
A potential tax break exists and is in discussions, and Giga Austin is a factory that hasn't produced any production vehicles. Update complete. :cool:

thanks! looks like i ordered 5 days before you but my edd is 2 months later 😂 january 1st would be ideal for me
Haha, I’m glad my extensive response backed by hours of research can help you make a more informed decision.

And I’m not putting too much stock in my current EDD, it just recently changed bumping me up a month at the same time many people got theirs bumped out a month. I think it was just Teslas was of getting me to buy more accessories and I’m embarrassed to say it worked like a charm. I have what some have called a unique build so I expected mid December. Which would clearly solidify a tax credit a couple of weeks later that I miss out on.. We’ll see how it all shakes out.

Reactions: srnewby54
What a morning! My edd time just move from 11/11-12-1 to 11/25-12/23 Not surprise if it will deliver next year
Is it that Tesla doesn’t understand it’s own EDD or is this something implemented to further foster community? A shared struggle is said to bring those affected closer together. I just wish they would explain it. You get excited about a closer date, but know, in all likelihood, it will be bumped again.

Haha, I’m glad my extensive response backed by hours of research can help you make a more informed decision.

And I’m not putting too much stock in my current EDD, it just recently changed bumping me up a month at the same time many people got theirs bumped out a month. I think it was just Teslas was of getting me to buy more accessories and I’m embarrassed to say it worked like a charm. I have what some have called a unique build so I expected mid December. Which would clearly solidify a tax credit a couple of weeks later that I miss out on.. We’ll see how it all shakes out.
true. unique builds seem to deliver earlier than vanilla builds like mine. i believe you can always defer once for a month (not 100% sure how it works) so i would love to get delivery in Jan 1st. i have carted the accessories so many times but am holding off on checking out for now since i am also giving the x5/x7 or the gle a hard look. as much as i want to experience a tesla, i can't justify shelling out 120K for the X and i feel like Y might be a bit tight with 2 kids.

Two days out from EDD. Also getting very excited and hoping a VIN comes soon.
Also two days out from EDD. This will be the second EDD rodeo. Previous SA I'd spoken to (on 10/4) had mentioned if I don't have my VIN by 10/14, she'd be very surprised, and to give her a call back. Getting a hold of her on the phone is luck of the draw though, so just spoke to another SA through the automated system who reiterated "everything looks good" on their end upon checking the "non-public facing system" they can reference and to hang tight, but with a lot of caveats around timelines.
My personal concern is that it's expected to get cold starting this weekend (40's), and I really don't want to be driving on the Uberturbines in November if the temperatures are going to stay that low. Having owned summer tires before, they're basically hockey pucks below 40F or so, and I'm about 10 miles from the delivery center. Can't schedule a mobile tire service to meet at the parking lot without a timeframe for delivery; this limbo state is plain annoying. Yes, I know, First World Problems LOL.

true. unique builds seem to deliver earlier than vanilla builds like mine. i believe you can always defer once for a month (not 100% sure how it works) so i would love to get delivery in Jan 1st. i have carted the accessories so many times but am holding off on checking out for now since i am also giving the x5/x7 or the gle a hard look. as much as i want to experience a tesla, i can't justify shelling out 120K for the X and i feel like Y might be a bit tight with 2 kids.
I was actually saying the opposite, others who had my build waited longer than whatever the average time was, but who really knows..?

And, I've got 3 kids, that's why I sprung for the 7 seater, if they can't fit their butts back there between all 5 seats they can walk wherever it is we're going. 🤣 They all fit in the back of my tacoma when necessary so this should feel spacious for them.

I am mainly just interested in owning a Tesla because I'm a big nerd. I was going to wait for the cybertruck to replace my truck but who knows if I'll live that long, MY was the next best choice for an EV imo.