Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! That's awesome. Vegas would be a great place for solar, obviously due to how much sunshine you guys get. I'd love to solarize at some point too, MA is a state with super high electric prices ($0.26 per kWh, and they import electricity), but not sure if we'll stay long enough to make it worth it.

The forthcoming Model Y will primarily be her daily driver, our weekend car. I'll sacrifice myself (specifically sacrificing my butt due to uncomfortable seat) and take the Prius as my daily driver.
Man…don’t speak ill about the Prius! 🤣 I’m on my 3rd one. Love that car. Actually keeping mine, after my MYP shows. It’ll continue to be my daily driver and the MYP will be my weekend car. But I’m mostly keeping it to give to my daughter when she starts driving in a few years.

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
Somewhere in this massive thread somebody picked up from Mt. Kisco and they did not receive mud flaps or PPF... worst case scenario I get them at delivery and can sell these, they go out of stock often enough that I'm not too worried about somebody taking them off my hands. :)
I took delivery a few weeks ago and my Y came with PPF but no mud flaps since they were out of stock...per my delivery person's advice, I scheduled a mobile service appt to get the mud flaps installed.

Man…don’t speak ill about the Prius! 🤣 I’m on my 3rd one. Love that car. Actually keeping mine, after my MYP shows. It’ll continue to be my daily driver and the MYP will be my weekend car. But I’m mostly keeping it to give to my daughter when she starts driving in a few years.
That's what I want to do too. I really want to keep my Prius to give to my oldest son when he starts driving in a few years. We just don't have room to store a third car, so might have to trade my Prius in anyway. Otherwise, I would for sure keep it.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
That is seriously impressive. I would hate to play musical chairs as I always have a changing work schedule which means I come and go at all hours depending on the day/week/month.

Do people use street parking out there for their Teslas?
It’s bad in Brooklyn. I used to live there. Our house there didn’t have a driveway or parking. Pretty common in some parts of NYC. I rented a garage so I didn’t have to look for parking. Before that I would sometimes drive around for over 30mins looking for parking. That was many years ago. I have since moved to LI. I do occasionally go back though since it’s a rental property now. Parking is bad!

There are a lot of nice luxury cars parked on the streets of NYC. Some of the cars don’t move from their spots unless for alternate side parking. They just double park during those times and move their cars right back into the original spot.

Definitely an amazing car! So far 90k miles of trouble free driving joy. Okay, “joy” is an overstatement, but you get the expression. I’ve begun to develop a passion for the Prius over the years of ownership. It was not a car that I fell in love with immediately. It was the logical purchase at the time due to personal, life, and financial needs. There was no YouTube community that did videos explaining the ins and outs of Prius ownership like there is for Tesla. But probably ended up being the best car purchase of my life as I’ve discovered it’s weirdly spacious, always efficient, and taken us on some massive cross country road trips. Atlanta to LA. LA to Seattle and back countless times. LA to Boston, where I live now, all in my little ugly dumpling.

Ride quality and seat comfort though…I make no excuses for that. Let’s just say that when my tire runs over a nickel my butt can tell you what year it was minted.

Last edited:
That's what I want to do too. I really want to keep my Prius to give to my oldest son when he starts driving in a few years. We just don't have room to store a third car, so might have to trade my Prius in anyway. Otherwise, I would for sure keep it.
And your oldest son probably could drive and keep the Prius and hand it down to his first child!

Definitely an amazing car! So far 90k miles of trouble free driving joy. Okay, “joy” is an overstatement, but you get the expression. I’ve begun to develop a passion for the Prius over the years of ownership. It was not a car that I fell in love with immediately. It was the logical purchase at the time due to personal, life, and financial needs. There was no YouTube community that did videos explaining the ins and outs of Prius ownership like there is for Tesla. But probably ended up being the best car purchase of my life as I’ve discovered it’s weirdly spacious, always efficient, and taken us on some massive cross country road trips. Atlanta to LA. LA to Seattle and back countless times. LA to Boston, where I live now, all in my little ugly dumpling.

Ride quality and seat comfort though…I make no excuses for that. Let’s just say that when my tire runs over a nickel my butt can tell you what year it was minted.
That’s exactly why I got mine. Used to drive a big, lifted Tundra (loved that thing), that only got 12 mpg. Got tired of filling up every other day and bought a Prius. Stopped driving the Tundra and eventually let it go. The Prius just goes and goes. And it’s a good fam car. My 3 girls fit in there just fine. But when it’s time to transport them, their friends and all their crap to sports and the like, luckily the roommate (wife) has a 7 seater Telluride EX.

As far as comfort, I don’t mind the seats. It’s definitely larger than most people think. I enjoy it. My friends make fun because I’m 6’5” and they say it’s like me getting out of a clown car. And I say “yep, I’ll be rollin down the road in my clown car, getting my 45 mpg!”

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
Recently bought a Honda Insight while waiting for MYLR. It’s an awesome car….on one recent 150mile jaunt we averaged over 62 mpg….

Share a datapoint here too:
Blue Model Y Dual-motor with tow hitch no FSD, ordered August 22 initial delivery time Dec 10 - Jan 19
Then the delivery data was gone entire September.
It reappears early October showing as Dec 9 - Jan 10, and today it changed to Nov 11 - Dec 9.
MYLR blue, 5, 19”, no tow. OD 7/23. EDD been at 11/4-24 since 9/25. I’m in Michigan.

Go to your order page(That shows the date range) Hit CNTL U. It pulls up the source code page. Then on that page hit CNTL F(Its a find function) Then type 5YJ in the search bar that pops up (Top right). 5YJ is the code in every vin. so if you have a result for that you have a vin.
Ya nothing. I’ll try again by weekend. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yes, doors are normal, no padding or foam. Only the walls are spray foamed, usually garages are not covered for insulation, which was an option in our case for god knows why, it does not help much in the winter unless door frames are sealed tight, even if we do it, the summers get unbearably hot, makes it pretty useless unless we run A/C duct, which would be more expensive.
wait, the doors are not covered? I was asking about the garage doors. Looks like you have foam boards in them as you typically will see the rails and all the lines. you're saying that's how your garage door from the jump?

Reactions: aprapos
My wife isn't happy after hearing AP can't do it, we will need FSD. We locked FSD at $7k for CT which we doubt even fits our driveway( it has to be built first I know ...). I wonder why don't they split FSD so we can buy just the auto park feature, $1k extra maybe, everybody wins, adds to their revenue, just some part of software if they could enable.
This is really a sore subject for me. I'm annoyed that in order to get what I've had with AP 1 since 2015, I have no choice but to purchase the entire FSD. I have lots of thoughts but a la carte and a one-time-transfer options are at the top of my list.
That is seriously impressive. I would hate to play musical chairs as I always have a changing work schedule which means I come and go at all hours depending on the day/week/month.

Do people use street parking out there for their Teslas?
Yep. At both home and at work I'm on the street. Work is a doozy, it's a tiny, congested, construction zone of a neighborhood with broken concrete and trash abound. Yesterday a Model 3 was in the spot I always park in and I was super confused. Out of state tags. Nearby there is a major university. Students live off campus and I see Model 3s crammed into tiny parallel spots. Work is getting a parking garage soon but I'll have my new Y first. TBD if I start commuting with the old S instead of the brand new Y.

It’s bad in Brooklyn. I used to live there. Our house there didn’t have a driveway or parking. Pretty common in some parts of NYC. I rented a garage so I didn’t have to look for parking. Before that I would sometimes drive around for over 30mins looking for parking. That was many years ago. I have since moved to LI. I do occasionally go back though since it’s a rental property now. Parking is bad!

There are a lot of nice luxury cars parked on the streets of NYC. Some of the cars don’t move from their spots unless for alternate side parking. They just double park during those times and move their cars right back into the original spot.
Yep. At both home and at work I'm on the street. Work is a doozy, it's a tiny, congested, construction zone of a neighborhood with broken concrete and trash abound. Yesterday a Model 3 was in the spot I always park in and I was super confused. Out of state tags. Nearby there is a major university. Students live off campus and I see Model 3s crammed into tiny parallel spots. Work is getting a parking garage soon but I'll have my new Y first. TBD if I start commuting with the old S instead of the brand new Y.
Cities are animals! It gives me anxiety just reading that. Parking was always stressful when we lived in inner Rochester with street parking. Especially in the winter.

wait, the doors are not covered? I was asking about the garage doors. Looks like you have foam boards in them as you typically will see the rails and all the lines. you're saying that's how your garage door from the jump?
Yes, those are regular foam boards, it came by default even if we did not choose to extend spray foam garage walls/roof.

- i thought @chand did this.
Oh we did not have to, our house is built by Meritage Homes, by default they install insulated ( foam boards) garage doors, at-least in this part, well at the time, they were marketing fancy energy efficient features, one of the reasons we chose them but I have seen many others do this.

Not sure what just happened....but my EDD updated from Nov 9-Dec 7th...to OCTOBER 13 - November 9th! still a crazy range - but my Delivery window now starts 2 days..

Range updated to 10/16-11/5. When talking to the Tesla team they say expect delivery 10/21. But it isn’t expected to leave the factory until 10/20. So I’m just hoping to get it before EoM