Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually saying the opposite, others who had my build waited longer than whatever the average time was, but who really knows..?

And, I've got 3 kids, that's why I sprung for the 7 seater, if they can't fit their butts back there between all 5 seats they can walk wherever it is we're going. 🤣 They all fit in the back of my tacoma when necessary so this should feel spacious for them.

I am mainly just interested in owning a Tesla because I'm a big nerd. I was going to wait for the cybertruck to replace my truck but who knows if I'll live that long, MY was the next best choice for an EV imo.
Three kids here too and like you went with white interior for some reason. That decision about the purchase is the only one that I constantly think about while I wait lol.

Is it that Tesla doesn’t understand it’s own EDD or is this something implemented to further foster community? A shared struggle is said to bring those affected closer together. I just wish they would explain it. You get excited about a closer date, but know, in all likelihood, it will be bumped again.
When I was waiting for honda to produce my accord hybrid (I was in a first couple thousands), without any kind of EDD it was even more frustrating for me and my SA ;)

Reactions: samori01
v65txsbpzms71.jpg

Three kids here too and like you went with white interior for some reason. That decision about the purchase is the only one that I constantly think about while I wait lol.
I watched more reviews on that than I'd care to admit, I'm not too worried about it getting stained or anything irreparable when compared to the black. The black will hide dirt better, but I didn't exactly feel great about that being a selling point. 🤣

In the end I just like the two-toned look better than all black, and I definitely wasn't a fan of the wood grain. So, if the only concern was keeping it clean and ample evidence showed me that isn't' that big of a concern.. I'm good with my choice. Still considering purchasing the ceramic coating for it though.

Reactions: srnewby54
Also two days out from EDD. This will be the second EDD rodeo. Previous SA I'd spoken to (on 10/4) had mentioned if I don't have my VIN by 10/14, she'd be very surprised, and to give her a call back. Getting a hold of her on the phone is luck of the draw though, so just spoke to another SA through the automated system who reiterated "everything looks good" on their end upon checking the "non-public facing system" they can reference and to hang tight, but with a lot of caveats around timelines.
My personal concern is that it's expected to get cold starting this weekend (40's), and I really don't want to be driving on the Uberturbines in November if the temperatures are going to stay that low. Having owned summer tires before, they're basically hockey pucks below 40F or so, and I'm about 10 miles from the delivery center. Can't schedule a mobile tire service to meet at the parking lot without a timeframe for delivery; this limbo state is plain annoying. Yes, I know, First World Problems LOL.
Can you take it first thing to a tire shop and get them switched out?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Also two days out from EDD. This will be the second EDD rodeo. Previous SA I'd spoken to (on 10/4) had mentioned if I don't have my VIN by 10/14, she'd be very surprised, and to give her a call back. Getting a hold of her on the phone is luck of the draw though, so just spoke to another SA through the automated system who reiterated "everything looks good" on their end upon checking the "non-public facing system" they can reference and to hang tight, but with a lot of caveats around timelines.
My personal concern is that it's expected to get cold starting this weekend (40's), and I really don't want to be driving on the Uberturbines in November if the temperatures are going to stay that low. Having owned summer tires before, they're basically hockey pucks below 40F or so, and I'm about 10 miles from the delivery center. Can't schedule a mobile tire service to meet at the parking lot without a timeframe for delivery; this limbo state is plain annoying. Yes, I know, First World Problems LOL.
I'll be driving my car from Denver to Vail Valley after delivery (predicted Jan/Feb). That should be a real treat on the summer tires. Now if delivery was predictable you could try and pull of a switch at a local tire shop, but given how fluid these things are trying to swap them out is a bear.

Just a heads up for this forum (for those who, like me, like to hear from SOMEONE at Tesla every now and then).

I had ordered my model Y Early Sept, but after a few EDD changes through to end of December, my EDD recently moved to end of Jan 2022. I could care less, Tesla's are worth the wait, but wanted to make sure that I didnt do something wrong with profile submission (I didnt upload insurance proof, for example, and wanted to make sure that I wasn't somehow delaying the process).

That being said, I contact Tesla customer service and they were able to look up my order within less than a minute, confirming I'm "eligible to match", and setting all my fears to rest (no need for any additional info from me at this time).

Hope this helps someone out somewhere if they are in the same boat. it really is just a waiting game!

Can you take it first thing to a tire shop and get them switched out?
Yes, that's the goal... I'll have to figure out how to get the replacement wheels/tires to the delivery, then to the tire shop (which is why I was hoping to just have a mobile service meet me at the DC and cut out one step), but that's going to have to be the way.

I'll be driving my car from Denver to Vail Valley after delivery (predicted Jan/Feb). That should be a real treat on the summer tires. Now if delivery was predictable you could try and pull of a switch at a local tire shop, but given how fluid these things are trying to swap them out is a bear.
Whoa, that's a two hour drive isn't it? I would definitely look to find a tire shop locally in your shoes, but you're right exactly - getting all of this figured out last minute is going to be a pain. Good luck, keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Reactions: Arkbird
Received a text this morning around 8:30 am to schedule delivery. Scheduled for Monday 10/18 between 12 - 4 pm; however, the delivery stated it would be to my house and not the Tesla in Burbank. When we placed the order Tesla stated that home delivery was not available; called Tesla in Burbank to see what was going on and they confirmed home delivery is now available for our area. Great news considering Monday my wife gets off of work at 4 pm and we'd be cutting it close to get down there before they close.

Just called the electrician to come by and install the NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage and ordering accessories now 😁

true. unique builds seem to deliver earlier than vanilla builds like mine. i believe you can always defer once for a month (not 100% sure how it works) so i would love to get delivery in Jan 1st. i have carted the accessories so many times but am holding off on checking out for now since i am also giving the x5/x7 or the gle a hard look. as much as i want to experience a tesla, i can't justify shelling out 120K for the X and i feel like Y might be a bit tight with 2 kids.
Y will definitely NOT be tight with 2 kids. Plenty of space in that thing for everyone.

Reactions: PatrickTM
true. unique builds seem to deliver earlier than vanilla builds like mine. i believe you can always defer once for a month (not 100% sure how it works) so i would love to get delivery in Jan 1st. i have carted the accessories so many times but am holding off on checking out for now since i am also giving the x5/x7 or the gle a hard look. as much as i want to experience a tesla, i can't justify shelling out 120K for the X and i feel like Y might be a bit tight with 2 kids.

What is considered a "unique build"?

Not delivery related but I have to share my pain. Took delivery of my wife’s MY on 9/16. 5 days later, she scratched the wheels. 2 days ago, she did it again. Less than a month and 2 separate wheels scratched. I’m tempted to put the Gemini with hubcaps on her Y. This is what happens when you’re used to 360 deg view camera when parking.
Now to go find rim savers and wheel repair kit.
PS: this is not meant to shame my dear wife. I’ve scratched a few wheels too. Scratching the inductions just come with a certain misery and that’s what I’m sharing.

5B5C67E9-BC88-4A92-9A47-A19187304A87.jpeg
4A65B0A4-6022-4AB4-B3B3-E4F5BBF4AAE0.jpeg
AFC05E8F-0C9F-491D-87CA-A871ABDC0C45.jpeg

Yes, that's the goal... I'll have to figure out how to get the replacement wheels/tires to the delivery, then to the tire shop (which is why I was hoping to just have a mobile service meet me at the DC and cut out one step), but that's going to have to be the way.

Could you have it towed to the tire shop from the delivery center? Might cost you a few hundred, but at least you can do it safely.

Not delivery related but I have to share my pain. Took delivery of my wife’s MY on 9/16. 5 days later, she scratched the wheels. 2 days ago, she did it again. Less than a month and 2 separate wheels scratched. I’m tempted to put the Gemini with hubcaps on her Y. This is what happens when you’re used to 360 deg view camera when parking.
Now to go find rim savers and wheel repair kit.
PS: this is not meant to shame my dear wife. I’ve scratched a few wheels too. Scratching the inductions just come with a certain misery and that’s what I’m sharing.

View attachment 721529View attachment 721530View attachment 721531
Ouch. My wife’s Telluride has 360 AND an overhead view when parking. That overhead view is one thing I definitely wish the MYs had. She won’t be driving my MY. 😏

Reactions: cusetownusa
I have an idea for Tesla, they should put an award for your refresh statistic in the driver’s seat on the day you pick up your vehicle…something like, “Congratulations, you made it and your refresh button still works. You refreshed 5,102 times and now here’s your vehicle.” They could put a trophy or plaque for being in the top hundred refreshers of all time. It would be hilarious. Or better yet, put it hidden in the dashboard on the touchscreen, lol. Like an Easter egg.

Whoa, that's a two hour drive isn't it? I would definitely look to find a tire shop locally in your shoes, but you're right exactly - getting all of this figured out last minute is going to be a pain. Good luck, keep us posted on what you end up doing.

2 hours or so on dry roads. It could be the next day if the interstate is shut down due to snow.