Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Went from a 20 day window to 28 days.

I found the EDD slipped by two month.
Was: DEC 22 - JAN 21
Now: FEB 23 - Mar 23

Bay area
Is this specifically happening to CA orders ? We know CA orders get priority at the end of each quarter, is Tesla known to push out the CA orders deliberately?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good morning! I took delivery of my MYLR yesterday afternoon. They were supposed to deliver on Sunday, but I got a call on Wednesday asking if I wanted it early. Heck yes!

Anyway, it arrived and is in pretty great form. Paint is excellent, but I have a few panels that don’t fit perfectly (frunk and some lights). My SA showed me how to request service for that through the app, which I have done.

One thing I didn’t realize, and I’m sorry if I’m telling you what you already know or have discussed here, is that it comes with floor mats. I didn’t realize that, and I have some from Tesla Shields on the way. My SA said LR and P models now include mats, and it’s only basic models that don’t.

The car is so fun to drive, and we are enjoying learning everything it can do. Be patient, it’s worth the wait!!

Ouch, I've done it on a couple of times as well but i'm super paranoid about curbing the Tesla wheels. I just ordered the rim savers for our Model Y with 20 inch wheels.
I curbed the wheels a few times on my Model 3 over the two years I drove it. Luckily, Carvana didn’t ding me for it. I still got $40,100 from them. I didn’t know rim savers were a thing. Which ones did you order? I see several options on Amazon.

I am here in Michigan too, and sadly my EDD changed again today... It's been pushed back for 3 MONTHs! Estimated Delivery: February 03 - March 03

I want to tell myself it's just a glitch on their end.
Oh no! I keep refreshing my page expecting the worst and hoping for the best. EDD still at 11/4-24. Fingers crossed for you.

Only the Performance vehicles come with summer tires. LR comes with all seasons, which should be okay if the roads are dry. I would definitely get true winter tires though if you potentially could face snow or ice.
I have a friend who had a Model 3 LR for two years (and two Michigan winters). He said with AWD he never had a problem with the all season tires. I had a Model 3 SR+ at the same time. With only RWD, I bought Michelin X-Ice snow tires and never had a problem. I only put 5,600 miles on them over the course of two winters. Unfortunately, they’re 18” so they won’t fit my MY with 19” wheels. I’ve got them listed for sale on Craigslist. :-(

Good morning! I took delivery of my MYLR yesterday afternoon. They were supposed to deliver on Sunday, but I got a call on Wednesday asking if I wanted it early. Heck yes!

Anyway, it arrived and is in pretty great form. Paint is excellent, but I have a few panels that don’t fit perfectly (frunk and some lights). My SA showed me how to request service for that through the app, which I have done.

One thing I didn’t realize, and I’m sorry if I’m telling you what you already know or have discussed here, is that it comes with floor mats. I didn’t realize that, and I have some from Tesla Shields on the way. My SA said LR and P models now include mats, and it’s only basic models that don’t.

The car is so fun to drive, and we are enjoying learning everything it can do. Be patient, it’s worth the wait!!

what kind of floor mat do they now come with? the plastic tesla ones?

Congrats on getting your hands on your new MY. Are the included floor mats carpet or all weather?

I have a friend who had a Model 3 LR for two years (and two Michigan winters). He said with AWD he never had a problem with the all season tires. I had a Model 3 SR+ at the same time. With only RWD, I bought Michelin X-Ice snow tires and never had a problem. I only put 5,600 miles on them over the course of two winters. Unfortunately, they’re 18” so they won’t fit my MY with 19” wheels. I’ve got them listed for sale on Craigslist. :-(
I ran aftermarket 18s on my LRMY last winter.

Reactions: Nomogaz
I ordered a Model S about a week ago just to have it on the back burner with how the car market is going while I drove my Model Y. MY has has the EDD moved back once but has been staying consistent but from some reason the MS keeps moving up the EDD. When I ordered it stayed April arrival which would of given me 6 months with the MY before switching but now it is showing January to February EDD. I just find it interesting that the S is moving up while the Y is moving back. I thoguht the goal was to get as many Y's out as possible. Any thoguhts? I am sure I am missing something.

I ordered a Model S about a week ago just to have it on the back burner with how the car market is going while I drove my Model Y. MY has has the EDD moved back once but has been staying consistent but from some reason the MS keeps moving up the EDD. When I ordered it stayed April arrival which would of given me 6 months with the MY before switching but now it is showing January to February EDD. I just find it interesting that the S is moving up while the Y is moving back. I thoguht the goal was to get as many Y's out as possible. Any thoguhts? I am sure I am missing something.
The Y is WAY much higher in demand than the S. They can’t get em out fast enough is the problem lol

Is this specifically happening to CA orders ? We know CA orders get priority at the end of each quarter, is Tesla known to push out the CA orders deliberately?

A bunch of FL orders got moved to Jan/Feb and in my case... April. One of our delivery centers is under renovations.

Maybe CA folks will get a last minute call from Tesla in Dec before the quarter ends?

Reactions: chand

Congrats on taking delivery! Always good to know Tesla is quick to fix any quality issues with new deliveries. I have the Tesla Shields on order too. I definitely prefer those over the standard carpet mats since the Shields are all weather & a perfect mold, and they’re a super clean look. Also got mud flaps & an under seat storage from them. Their customer service is A1 too, so I definitely don’t mind spending my money with them

Yikes! I’d take a closer look at the tire shown in your second photo. Maybe take it to a professional. That looks like sidewall damage and could be a safety concern.
Thats what i was thinking too...
Oh, I took a long and hard look. The sidewall didn't get damaged though. It cut a thin strip of the rubber and that's what you see. It's so thin that I can pull it off but I didn't want to do that. Definitely don't mess with sidewalls but all good. Picture looks gnarlier than it is (bad quality). The long scratch on the rims on the 3rd picture though - makes me cringe.

Bunch of Model S built waiting on chips and various parts.

As expected…..first day in EDD window (10/15 - 11/4)…just updated to 10/27 - 11/4…..based on others on here who said a narrowing window is better, and text message earlier this week from SA ( should see vin around 10/24, and they should see car at their location around 11/1), things seem to be progressing nicely….