Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow congrats on delivery!!! I wish I knew why my EDD is so late and people who have way later OD got theirs already :(.
Tesla is going through growing pains and I hope everyone's EDD start creeping back in the right direction. Supply/demand, chip shortages, getting Austin up and running, and a model year change reflect temporary headwinds Tesla currently faces.

Tesla is going through growing pains and I hope everyone's EDD start creeping back in the right direction. Supply/demand, chip shortages, getting Austin up and running, and a model year change reflect temporary headwinds Tesla currently faces.
I would think part of the Tesla environment is the lack of clear yearly models. The yearly model *sugar* was the traditional car manufacturers trick to get you to sell and keep buying the newer version. Tesla hopefully has designs that are pretty futuristic and the software obviously is timeless and self updates

Reactions: chand and TSLY
I heard it was going to be the end of the year
Looking at the current state of Berlin with a potential Nov or Dec start date vs Austin's current state, I have a hard time believing any cars will be produced from Austin in 2021. Look at the videos from the Berlin open house last week. They are way ahead of Austin in readiness and they are still a month or two from production. Maybe by the end of January or February Austin will be starting production but there won't be volume production until Spring at least.

Reactions: loggedout
Wondering why they haven’t started including the new door trims in the Y yet? They started doing the Model 3s with it several months ago. I guess one less “panel gap” for people to complain about? ;) While I’d like the new trim, no way would I go on hold for it, but is puzzling.

Reactions: PatrickTM

Attachments

• ACC32831-D74A-464F-9EBE-13119D15256A.png
    ACC32831-D74A-464F-9EBE-13119D15256A.png
    987.1 KB · Views: 73
Wondering why they haven’t started including the new door trims in the Y yet? They started doing the Model 3s with it several months ago. I guess one less “panel gap” for people to complain about? ;) While I’d like the new trim, no way would I go on hold for it, but is puzzling.
It is a little strange seeing as the new door card was introduced on the MiC models in January of this year. Lots of new features/changes have been introduced in China models first before coming to Fremont vehicles but the delay is usually only a few months. When the M3 got the new door trim in May, it seemed to follow the typical timeline but for some reason they are taking much longer to make the change on MY.

I honestly don't care about the design change but I did hear rumors when it was first introduced that the door card included better sound insulation. I have not seen anyone post a picture behind the new door cards but the door cards on my 2018 Model 3 had tons of rattley plastic welding and poor clips for keeping wires from rattling.

Hey Peeps, while y’all wait for your VIN’s, any of you own 3D printers? I started a Facebook group for 3D print files for Tesla’s if any of you are interested in printing stuff out while you wait!
Tesla 3D Printable Parts
OhMYLRdy! & collaGOunltd

Thanks for this ... was able to print the Mobile Charger Cradle from the FB group ... ones available on every other online shop is built for flush 14-50 receptacle .. not for a RV receptacle I got installed. Pics to follow once I get it installed.

Still sitting at my newest (later/longer) EDD window... Nothing new to report but interesting to watch nonetheless.

I also emailed my service center just for a check-in and asking who my SA is but crickets.
I got tired of listening to 'crickets' and went to the service center and stood in an empty area until a guy behind a door finally came out and answered my questions. He was quite polite and answered all the questions except, of course, the when. OD 9/8 EDD now Jan 19 - Feb 16.

Reactions: PhillyGal
Ehh I’m not a fan of wood trim. I only liked it in my current Highlander because it’s grey stained. Else I prefer the metallic panels.
By the way White interior gets new trim piece as a white strip, but the white piece on the current door is replaced by the black alcantara piece that is currently in the black interior. You can go to the Model 3 configurator and to see what the new white would look like.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I was set to pick up my MY this afternoon and my SA called to say they just got an email from Engineering that my car is on hold and they may need to potentially do some service on it so my delivery is pushed back until Monday. I tried to press on what the issue but my SA told me he didn’t know and that he had buy stuff got an email saying it needed to go on hold. It’s better than having an unsafe car potentially, but it gives me some pause. Anyone have this happen?

I was set to pick up my MY this afternoon and my SA called to say they just got an email from Engineering that my car is on hold and they may need to potentially do some service on it so my delivery is pushed back until Monday. I tried to press on what the issue but my SA told me he didn’t know and that he had buy stuff got an email saying it needed to go on hold. It’s better than having an unsafe car potentially, but it gives me some pause. Anyone have this happen?
Let me fix my autocorrect.
I tried to press on what the issue was but my SA told me he didn’t know and he simply got an email saying it needed to be on hold. (Nothing to buy stuff, guess my iPhone 12 needs engineering)

• Funny
Reactions: Michael Y 2020