Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a big unknown. We do know the progress of the exterior from youtube channels, a pre-production MY was sent around twitter in September, and recently a seat-on-battery photo (but I think from Shanghai?) was seen. Elon alluded to full production by late 2022 which, counting backwards and using the Shanghai plant as a gauge, could mean at least some production models might roll off the line this fall.
The seat-on-battery demo was at the Giga Fest in Berlin. Seems like a radical redesign of the structure of the vehicle, and would likely have to go through govt approvals, crash testing, efficiency/range testing, and all that.

Reactions: chand and loggedout
I was set to pick up my MY this afternoon and my SA called to say they just got an email from Engineering that my car is on hold and they may need to potentially do some service on it so my delivery is pushed back until Monday. I tried to press on what the issue but my SA told me he didn’t know and that he had buy stuff got an email saying it needed to go on hold. It’s better than having an unsafe car potentially, but it gives me some pause. Anyone have this happen?
Yes.Today was delivery day, but yesterday it was rescheduled until tomorrow. Not concerned and wasn't curious enough to ask. Tesla revised contract to reflect new delivery date and confirmed appointment for tomorrow.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I curbed the wheels a few times on my Model 3 over the two years I drove it. Luckily, Carvana didn’t ding me for it. I still got $40,100 from them. I didn’t know rim savers were a thing. Which ones did you order? I see several options on Amazon.
Yeah we had some curb rash on our BMW X5 that we sold to Carvana as well. It seem's like Carvana doesn't really care about minor cosmetic issues.

I ordered black rim savers from: RimSavers - The Best Alloy Wheel Rim Protectors | Rimblades

Btw I believe the promo code: TechExpo gets you 15% off (not my code and not sponsored).

Reactions: samori01
Looks like a No-VIN Friday. But plenty folks got their EDD shuffled, most ranges shrunk so that’s a plus for the day at least.
I’m still refreshing 1/min. Magic 8-ball said “my sources say yes” for VIN today, so it’s gotta happen right??? Earlier in the week some people were getting some late afternoon PST VINs but then again it is a Friday. Tomorrow is another day and a new EDD window. Heavy sigh.

I jumped on here as soon as I noticed to see if it was a fluke. Seems like any upgrade gets you bumped to April vs July.
But they also want to avoid a potential customer coming to the configurator, seeing July, and going somewhere else. So the default config is now white/white/induction. So that the customer coming in still sees April. That's a lot of effort spent in getting a customer to spend a tiny bit more. :)

Reactions: RainbowStars
I got tired of listening to 'crickets' and went to the service center and stood in an empty area until a guy behind a door finally came out and answered my questions. He was quite polite and answered all the questions except, of course, the when. OD 9/8 EDD now Jan 19 - Feb 16.
I could do that but my delivery center is too far out of my usual comings and goings that it'd be a huge PITA

and
But they also want to avoid a potential customer coming to the configurator, seeing July, and going somewhere else. So the default config is now white/white/induction. So that the customer coming in still sees April. That's a lot of effort spent in getting a customer to spend a tiny bit more. :)
And Model 3 LR on standard wheels - AUGUST!