Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And how'd an order almost 2months after me get an earlier delivery?! What magic did you do to get a delivery lol
Hah, it's kind of weird, definitely not the fastest MYLR I've seen from order to VIN since following this thread, but definitely one of the faster ones for sure. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like that one poor fella that had their VIN taken away and given to someone else, saying it had been assigned by mistake.

Just texted with an agent and had them switch me to third party financing, figured we'd do USAA with 1.89% on 60 months. DCU would have been a better rate, but I didn't want the hassle of another direct deposit and another checking account. So now to figure out how the payment works.

I know a lot of people mention preferring to pay by cashier's check on delivery day, vs doing it electronically. What are the reasons for doing that? I remember some had concerns about plaid. I see nothing on my account page mentioning plaid, just "Add Bank Account and Pay" (I haven't clicked that yet).
It's once you click Add back account, you are taken to plaid.

I think this could be considered similar to PayPal. Like how PayPal is an option of payment, plaid is a payment method.

Just my thoughts.
We did a cashiers check for the remainder of the balance though.

Just texted with an agent and had them switch me to third party financing, figured we'd do USAA with 1.89% on 60 months. DCU would have been a better rate, but I didn't want the hassle of another direct deposit and another checking account. So now to figure out how the payment works.

I know a lot of people mention preferring to pay by cashier's check on delivery day, vs doing it electronically. What are the reasons for doing that? I remember some had concerns about plaid. I see nothing on my account page mentioning plaid, just "Add Bank Account and Pay" (I haven't clicked that yet).
Do you know what rate USAA has for 72 months?

Forgive my ignorance, what is the benefit of having a Juicebox 40?
It has some nice WiFi features, and some electric companies will give you a break in EV charging if you use an approved "smart" charger. I'm on MTE and they are expecting to introduce a program next fall if approved by the TVA, so I took a gamble on the juicebox being on the approved list. Most electric companies support the juicebox and the charge point flex. Also the EV charger installation credit expires this year (failing any intervention) so I went ahead and bought that one. I also bought a dedicated j1772 adapter to use with it.

I would think you should be close to a VIN as well as your OD is the same as to @boingolover, you live in the same location (Nashville, TX) and you have close to the same EDD range as @boingolover and myself. The fact that your only "upgrade" is an external color of black may be slowing your VIN. @boingolover had blue external paint and a tow hitch and I have a blue external color, 7 seat, and tow hitch as upgrades. Lately, Tesla seems to be prioritizing orders with more upgrades that presumably provide them greater profit margin.
Good theory. However, despite my upgrades stuck on the 28 day window for weeks now. No VIN!!
Obviously I am a sample of one so… :)

Reactions: PatrickTM
I read in Bloomberg this morning that Hertz placed an order for 100K Model 3s. Tesla plant capacity will be diverted from retail orders towards large orders from car rental companies buying at list price. This could be one reason why delivery dates kind of fall off the usual processing time from September. Who knows how many other car rental companies have placed orders for Tesla’s. This could be also one reason Tesla is frequently Increasing prices.

Nice. Saw mine tighten up as well this morning - finally seeing some light here. Trending towards before Thanksgiving at least!
Good to see some movement. Mine tightened up last night to 10 days. Hopefully we'll see VINs next week.

MYLR5 | White/White | 19" Gemini | No tow | No FSD | OD: 7/16 | EDD: 10/15-11/04; 10/8-10/28; 10/09-10/29; 10/15-11/08; 10/25-11/28; 11/06-11/16

It has some nice WiFi features, and some electric companies will give you a break in EV charging if you use an approved "smart" charger. I'm on MTE and they are expecting to introduce a program next fall if approved by the TVA, so I took a gamble on the juicebox being on the approved list. Most electric companies support the juicebox and the charge point flex. Also the EV charger installation credit expires this year (failing any intervention) so I went ahead and bought that one. I also bought a dedicated j1772 adapter to use with it.
Nice, yeah my utility company has the Juicebox and ChargePoint Flex at a subsidized price ($500 off), I went with the Flex after poring over reviews.

Also your Tesla comes with a j1772 adapter already , not sure if you knew this.

View attachment 724076
View attachment 724077

In TX, in case you are wondering whether to go in person or get it done through thetitlegirl, cost comparison,I had a trade in, so my taxable amount is less, anyway, titlegirl charges service fee ( $250 ) and collects late fee(which is refundable if not applicable).

I chose to save $250 and went in person, early in the morning around 8:00 AM, to a local county tax collector office, it took less than 10 mins. I took insurance copy, DL and personal checkbook along with the package that Tesla sent. They handover License Plate along with registration sticker on the spot.
That's how I did it, too, on my first Tesla. Took 5 minutes.

Reactions: chand