Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just looked at the calculator. I see a finance charge that I’d roughly 4% of the loan cost on a 60 month loan.

I don’t recall finance charges like that on my last auto loans - is that typical, and does anyone know what the Tesla finance charge looks likes of it is?
That's the total interest you pay over the lifetime of the loan.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have an appointment to sell the Audi to Carvana on Wednesday. Can't believe it's real! Hopefully nothing delays delivery, but we have other vehicles to get us by in the mean time. This also means I don't have to renew registration, which expires on the 31st. Kind of sad to let it go, but excited by what it's making room for!

I was finding a hole in deliveries after November and I could never quite understand and I even posted here that it may be due to plant shut downs to increase capacity. Now that I can see the promised deliveries to Hertz over retail buyers of Tesla car by giving them out of turn deliveries STARTING November is why everyone's delivery is pushed out by months. Very unfair of Tesla to push their loyal small retail customers to the back of the line even though they pay the same amount as Hertz is paying. If you started seeing heavy push back in your EDD after 15th September it is because Elon cut a deal with Hertz and threw Tesla's retail buyers under the bus and started giving dates in March and then April and now August. There is no supply chain issue. It is Hertz gate that is responsible for this massive delays. I am not at all happy with this.
I mean, look at it from the business perspective.

If you have a single buyer that wants one vehicle at retail price for ~$55k or a single buyer that wants to buy $4.2 Billion worth of cars at retail price — which is the more valuable customer?

You might spend $250-400k with Tesla in your entire lifetime, but never close to $4 Billion…and it could take decades for them to make that $250-400k from you.

They want to sell CARS, not just car. So of course they will do everything they can to prioritize a guaranteed 100k vehicle sale in a single transaction.

This is GOOD for EV’s. Not something to get mad about.

Last edited:

If you have a single buyer that wants one vehicle at retail price for ~$55k or a single buyer that wants to buy $4.2 Billion worth of cars at retail price — which is the more valuable customer?

You might spend $250-400k with Tesla in your entire lifetime, but never close to $4 Billion…and it could take decades for them to make that $250-400k from you.

They want to sell CARS, not just car. So of course they will do everything they can to prioritize a guaranteed 100k vehicle sale in a single transaction.

You aren't wrong. And for any of us who own shares of TSLA, we're probably more glad than mad. But it's also fair for people to be upset about being jerked around with their order dates. There will come a time when other EV options are as compelling at Tesla, and Tesla isn't doing much to engender brand loyalty at this point.

You aren't wrong. And for any of us who own shares of TSLA, we're probably more glad than mad. But it's also fair for people to be upset about being jerked around with their order dates. There will come a time when other EV options are as compelling at Tesla, and Tesla isn't doing much to engender brand loyalty at this point.
I’m along for the ride just like everyone else. I’d really like my new model y last month, please, not January.

But I also recognize that they aren’t pumping out 9 million new vehicles per year like Volkswagen.

And they are so far ahead of the other makers right now that it will be a long time until tesla isn’t leading the innovation. They have a rabid fan base already, and every owner I know already plans to get another Tesla in the future.

Leaving a few buyers upset in the short term in order to corner an emerging rental market I think makes a lot of sense. They will have years to win back single buyers but only a short time to strike while this iron is red hot.

I get it from a perspective of a corporation. I own Tesla stock and was thrilled to see the bump up. That aside Tesla's brand image is Elon and his connection with his loyal fan and customer base who hate the traditional dealer model. From my perspective I was expecting a car in December 20-29 as per Tesla's EDD. Now I am looking at it January 23-February 20. I am being short changed and Hertz has wriggled ahead of me. 2-3 years from today, Hertz will be dumping used cars on the market and lower resale value of Tesla cars. Short term gain and long term damage to Tesla's unique brand. Anyone booking a Y today can look forward to July-September for delivery. 20% of US output of Tesla's is hijacked by a single buyer. No wonder Tesla has pushed through multiple price increases in a single month because they are no more dependent on the average Joe. Tesla' strategy does not gel with their brand image cultivated over the last 12 years. Most people are fine waiting their turn, but are upset when others cut ahead in the line.

I’m along for the ride just like everyone else. I’d really like my new model y last month, please, not January.

But I also recognize that they aren’t pumping out 9 million new vehicles per year like Volkswagen.

And they are so far ahead of the other makers right now that it will be a long time until tesla isn’t leading the innovation. They have a rabid fan base already, and every owner I know already plans to get another Tesla in the future.

Leaving a few buyers upset in the short term in order to corner an emerging rental market I think makes a lot of sense. They will have years to win back single buyers but only a short time to strike while this iron is red hot.
On the whole, I agree, I think prioritizing a huge customer makes sense. But on the other hand, I think Tesla could take a lesson in customer service. They're the worst experience going in terms of buying a car. I hate pushy salesmen, but at least they're motivated to sell you a car. The Tesla service advisors don't care about you, don't care if you buy a car, don't care if they have a job next week. It's like they dare you to buy a car. It's not hostile, because hostility requires giving a damn. It's antipathetic.

Ding ding ding

Reactions: KJD and doozenberg
On the whole, I agree, I think prioritizing a huge customer makes sense. But on the other hand, I think Tesla could take a lesson in customer service. They're the worst experience going in terms of buying a car. I hate pushy salesmen, but at least they're motivated to sell you a car. The Tesla service advisors don't care about you, don't care if you buy a car, don't care if they have a job next week. It's like they dare you to buy a car. It's not hostile, because hostility requires giving a damn. It's antipathetic.
Spot f***ing on!!!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I think article said 100k cars by the end of 2022, so there should be capacity for retail sales as well.
Additionally, hertz or no hertz - no one can swallow 100k cars at once - there isn't infrastructure yet at hertz locations for that.
So it will be a gradual process.
This. And aren’t they all SR Model 3s? Shouldn’t affect anyone’s model y order. Not sure why people here are complaining about it.

I ordered my car at the end of September with an EDD of April. I am just going to sit back and wait until then. It will get here when it gets here, no reason to stress about it.

My wife’s telluride she ordered took just as long, months after when the sales person said we would get it. Not to mention the dealership didn’t stick to the price we agreed upon when Hyundai increased the MSRP after our order. Can you imaging the complaining here if Tesla didn’t honor the price when it was ordered?

This is not a Tesla thing, it’s a high demand car thing and of course supply chain issues makes it even worse.

This. And aren’t they all SR Model 3s? Shouldn’t affect anyone’s model y order. Not sure why people here are complaining about it.

I ordered my car at the end of September with an EDD of April. I am just going to sit back and wait until then. It will get here when it gets here, no reason to stress about it.

My wife’s telluride she ordered took just as long, months after when the sales person said we would get it. Not to mention the dealership didn’t stick to the price we agreed upon when Hyundai increased the MSRP after our order. Can you imaging the complaining here if Tesla didn’t honor the price when it was ordered?

This is not a Tesla thing, it’s a high demand car thing and of course supply chain issues makes it even worse.
I presume those who already got delivery of Tesla car or expecting MYP delivery soon, do not feel the pain. My EDD date was last week of December. Now my date extends to February. Hertz is going to suck up capacity starting November. Elon has decided to screw MYLR buyers in the queue. If you have a booking for MYLR booked in September and after, you are paying the price for Hertz being given delivery ahead of you from end of November onwards. It is not fair to delay those who were already in the line. Future bookings? While not the best outcome for a retail buyer, they at least know beforehand when to expect. It is their choice if they still book an MYLR and get a date of August or September. But to delay existing orders in preference for Hertz, is everything Elon does not stand for.